Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1959 Ford F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Thanks Guys. and Chris, I will let ya know if I need anything.

2. Looks Good Jon.. Since I got the 59 i'm gonna be using the 58 as a parts truck so if you need anything off of it let me know..

3. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Great Job So far man,I wish like hell I had some like minded rodders to help me with mine but alas,all my "friends" don't wanna break a nail the way they act when I ask em to help me with my 60 :(

4. papaford60

papaford60
    from illinois

5. Ok Dustin I will let ya know. And yeah it's nice to have a friends help. I'm joined on the facebook page and I believe I have seen your 60, looks nice.

6. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Jon,
    are you going to get a front end "kit" and rebuild the Volare before installing it??(upper and lower ball joints control arms) Probably wouldn't be a bad idea since its real easy to get at now.

Michael

7. smarg

smarg

The polka dot slip ons are gooofy!

Your rolling on this dude!

Keep at it!

8. I wondered if anyone would notice the boots, it's all we had man! haha
    And I might get a front end kit, it depends if have the ''funds'' to.

9. Scored at Portland Swap Meet..picked this baby up for $50! Cleaned it with an SOS pad.
    Before and After

Attached Files:

10. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

11. Al Von

Al Von

Napoleon Dynamite voice: "LUCKY!!!"

Wow, that would be a $1500-2000 truck here in the rust belt. Good job!

12. Al Von

Al Von

EPIC signature line!!

13. haha yeah I consider myself lucky.

14. BEAR

BEAR

here is what mine came out looking like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. That's neat, Saw them one time on here and thought it was cool. You still have this truck?

16. Well Keeth and I didn't get to muc done today..took the whole day to get the clip in there right,still needs adjusting. We used the templates from Bobs F100 and lined them up exactly and somehow my centerline is 2 inches forward than stock (good or bad?) also need accurate measuring points. We also kinda left on a sour note because the drivers side A arm is slightly bent and is going to either be bent back by heating and pounding it or taking the clip to chassis shop..also my wheels that are same bolt pattern don't clear the disc brakes...so Until next time...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Well time for a mini update:
    Got the clip sitting in there near perfect,clamped it in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Started tackin it in
    [​IMG]
    Keeth's welds: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then my welds:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not very pretty towards the front because I had to fill in a gap
    [​IMG]
    then finished it off with some primer to keep it from rusting..
    [​IMG]
    Next time we will be boxing the frame..stay tuned

18. smarg

smarg

I was wondering what was going on with the clip?

Looks good so far.

Keep rolling on it!

19. Nice welds!

20. Thank you Chris, how's your 60?

21. It's good, I actually might have to sell it :( I don't want to, but am buying a new house and need some $$$ We'll see how it goes...

22. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Next on the list is to box the frame rails at the clip, steering column to steering box fabrication, set in motor and trans and work on motor mounts and trans crossmember mods..

23. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

53 Looks like your getting closer . I will let you in on a secret if you want to run a 9" rear in your truck instead of the volare . Look for a 1980 F100 in the bone yards . That year the " F100's " had the 5 on 4&1/2 bolt pattern . Take a rim with you as they also had the 5 on 5&1/2 that year but it would get you a 9" with the same bolt pattern as the volare front clip. That was also the last year for the F100 as far as I recall.

Oh yeah moving the Volare front clip forward should work out fine as when you lower these trucks it pushes the front wheels back in the wheel wells so it looks better if you move the clip forward an inch or two.

Rick

24. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Dude, you dont need to be spending your money changing the rearend and all that stuff just so you can keep the same bolt pattern. Just use the 5x5 1/2 in the back and the volare stuff in front. If its that big of a deal then get some wheel adaptors from the 5x5 1/2 to the 5x4 1/2. Save your money for something you may really need! You are young, there is plenty of time to worry abut that shit later....

25. Well thats to bad Chris. Keeth, thanks alot man! you have been alot of help!!
    And Rick that is some good info I'll keep in mind if I decide for 9 inch.
    Nick, I don't plan on running the 9 inch..and I have heard adaptors suck?

26. smarg

smarg

I'd have to say just keep the backend thats in there, In There!

I have a set of adapters that would work for what you got.

Let me know what you end up doing!

27. ...or drill the Mopar rotors to match the 5 1/2" bolt circle. That's what I did. Or drill the drums to match the front.

28. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

If I was going to change the rearend out for 5x4.5 pattern I would find a mopar 8 3/4. They take less hp to opperate than a 9" and the mopar has the 5x4.5 pattern. I think a good place to look would be mopar vans and pickups. Grab the driveshaft out of it while your at it because it might have the same tranny yoke for your small block mopar set up.

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Hey, I'm starting to like that black and white Guernsey (or is it Jersey?) cow look. Ouch!