Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Show / Race Track Etiquette, Unspoken Rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

What are some pet peeves of yours about fellow Hot Rodders / spectators and their families at your local track or Car Shows?

Most of the car shows I have been to here are pretty mellow. Just have to keep my eye on Justis and make sure he's not touching anyones car. But the races are a different story.........
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    I take Justis to the races here in Manitowoc. Bad parents that don't keep an eye on their kids bother me. It's cool to throw a few beers back but keep an eye on your crazy 8 year old who is throwing sand and rocks at my car! :mad:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  2. Saxxon

Saxxon

Having someone tell me they know the guy who built your car.
    Or ... Hey that's (insert name)'s car... No, it's mine...

3. dmac620

dmac620

I had a '53 Ford Pick-up and it always bothered me when people would just stand on the running boards while looking inside.

4. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

People that feel the need to use the f-bomb for every other word. We all know that your '89 Monte Carlo is f'ing badass, but the 10 and under crowd could do without the language.

5. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

You just made me laugh out loud.

6. John Stimac

John Stimac

How about; "How much is your car worth"?

7. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

X 2 with all kids around no need for that talk!!

8. paintcan54

paintcan54

Why did you paint your car like that, I would have painted like my friend did his.

9. noxided

noxided

nice rat rod

10. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

The clowns that "feel" the paint on your car!
    The idiot who has his "little one" put his foot up on your recently replated bumper to tie their shoes!
    The moron who thinks it's OK to sit in your car!
    The nice lady who tells you they had a Desoto just like yours! (it's a Pontiac)
    I could go on but the pills are starting to kkkkiiiiicckk iiinnn..............

11. cj92345

cj92345
    from so-cal

"low 12's high 11's" every 350/350 street rod will run this.....yeah sure

12. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Look all you want, but DO NOT TOUCH!!! At the last dirt track I raced at, my wife caught a guy bouncing all four corners of our car while we were out of our pit spot, trying to figure out our spring rates, and I loved it when people actually would ask you for gear ratio and tire pressure info, and look at you like you were an alien when you wouldnt give them that info. Real curious how this kind of stuff relates to car shows and if there are some do's and don'ts in that setting.

13. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

People that buy a car instead of building it, then thinking their shit don't stink. And if you bought it from someone you have no reason to be mad when someone says hey that's so and so's car(build one next time). And the "vote for me I'll vote for you" crap. Or the general public that gets in for free, while we pay to be there, only to tell their buddys how much better their pos at home is, or how they would have done it.

See this is why I quit going to shows WAY too much crap, I build it and drive it who cares what everyone else thinks.

14. Chuck Foster

Chuck Foster

I dislike dogs at car shows. The dog owners don't watch them close enough. Nothing worse than dog pee on your wide whites.

15. People that knock on the fenders to see if they are steel or glass, and any touching in general drives me nuts.

16. People at judged car shows that pester the judges about their score or their judging sheet. Boo-f'ing-hoo if your car didn't get the trophy. Build it for fun, display it with pride, who cares what the judges think as long as you are happy with it.
    Yeah, I was dumb enough to step up and act as a judge. 8 judges altogether and the guy runnin the show bowed to pressure from one car owner to share his score sheet with him. That opened the flood gates and we were there for over an hour dealing with "What did I get" "how come you liked his paint better than mine" "are you sure you added right" "My engine has more horsepower than his" (like that matters in a car show? Take it to the track if you want to figure out who is fastest)
    Never again.
    I'll go and sit with my car, but don't ask me to help judge. Too many whiners.

17. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

At the races......Jackasses who sit there and rev the piss out of their motors "to warm them up" or to make sure they are "in Tune"

people who stick their generator in your pits because they don't want to hear the noise.

people racing around on their clapped out pit bikes thinkin they are cool because they have an old pos.

Have I pissed everyone off?

18. Ben Hall

Ben Hall
    from Adelaide

I let anyone sit in or touch my midget, and if they want to push it up and down to try and figure out my spring weights well good like to them! I will even tell them what gear set I run!

19. people who become your buddy because their... brother, sister, aunt, uncle, friend, guy they work with, boss, neighbor, guy around the corner from them, has the exact same car as you've got. Of course theirs was any color but yours, and alomost always a different make than yours, and usually either a fourdoor or a convertible.
    The only line ever said to me that made me really laugh was the old guy that had looked over my car real good and said, "Anybody hurt in the wreck?" It was said with a wink, and I knew being a restorer he wasn't into hotrods.

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

How fast does it go? :rolleyes:

21. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

rat rods.....seeing them at shows.people calling cars rat rods..kids running around touching cars...the self proglaimed experts .....
    people walking in the pits ,in the lanes headed toward the staging areas..(move your ass)
    people putting flyers in my car
    car shows with 100 classes..should be best car....period!!!!!!!!!
    i also dont think you should bring trophies..unless youve won the ridler ,keep your best car from acme bank and trust at home....

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  22. soooo....you like the stock look ....or what? ....and when are you going to re-paint it?

23. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

x100 on the public swearing. I dont need my kid hearing that.

And I don't care if the car has old paint or is in primer, don't sit on it! I had a group of guys one time huddle around my truck, just BS'ing and one of them actually sat on my closed tailgate. Another had his foot up on the tire. These guys should know better too, they were well into there 50s.

In the end it all comes down to RESPECT, both in the car hobby and in the real world. Not a whole lot of people out there have respect for themselves let alone others and their property. Kinda like the guy who drives a POS, then goes and keys a car because subliminally he is jealous he can't have nice things.

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I hate people that bring dogs or ride bicycles through shows. I hate the guy that touches my car but won't allow people to touch his. I hate people that bring a new Vette, Mustang, Camaro, Viper, etc......to shows. If I wanna see a new car, I'll go to the dealers. I hate people that blast their music from their cars when there's music on the P.A..

Shows should be free and potluck. No spectators, just car people enjoying their cars and the company. (See Bad Bobs BBQ and the Los Boulevardos cruise to the lake)

25. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

oh yeah ...dogs....leave them at home.....if its a super small one that NEVER EVER barks ,poops ,needs water/food than its ok...
    this goes for most pets,,,im sure your think you look cool with your snake wrapped around your arm/neck whatever..(you dont)

26. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

man i forgot the DOO-WOP music....im so tired of hearing it at every show...

27. burnout2614

burnout2614

I like going to shows because my car is so different, usually. It even stands out from the rats! I should keep a log book of all the "suggestions" I get from onlookers! peace

28. jrose7004

jrose7004

When some guy comes up at a show and starts talking about his car that's just like mine only better! Bull, mines better than his because it's there and his isn't!

29. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

One thing I really do appreciate is when someone comes up and askes you politely a question about your car. Its nice when they give you the respect that it is your car and they honestly are curious about something on it. I cant stand the guys who assume you are an idiot and they know more about your car than you do.

As far as kids go. My 3 year old knows that he will be in big trouble is he touches one of the cars. We were at a show once when a drag car owner offered him to sit in the car. He started crying because he thought he would be in trouble if he touched it.

Its all about respect. Some people have it, others dont.

30. pinman 39

pinman 39

How about Photographers .Not the hobby guy who just wants a quick shot of
    a car that he likes or is trying to get a good pic to email a buddy .Thats cool
    stay out of his way everbody be polite .
    I'm talking about the JACKASS with more money in camera gear than I have in my
    car expecting everthing and everyboby to come to a screaching ass hault while they
    prepare for the once in a lifetime shot of god only knows what . And then move on
    to the next car and do it all over again .And while we are at it .Why do these same
    numnuts always wear there hats on backwards and no belts on there pants ! If you want the perfect shot get there Early and wear a belt .I do have similar feelings about guys that want to video EVERYTHING .

" Have a nice day. "
    The late George Carlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.