Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Historic Stock Car Photos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by indybigjohn, Aug 28, 2008.

1. slysball

slysball

Great pics of John Anderson. He was my driver as a kid growing up in Detroit and watching races at Flat Rock, Toledo and Mt Clemmens. I talked to him in the pits a couple of times once he made it to Winston Cup. Also talked to him when he was a fabricator at Hutcherson Pagan. He could have went a long way in cup given the proper chance.

2. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

More Pics and stories of asphalt late models from the 1980's scrapbook.........

3. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

4. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

5. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

6. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

7. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

8. Falconred

Falconred

Here's a couple more:

9. Falconred

Falconred

Woops.........
    Here's a couple more and Dick Trickle and yours truly with the Wood's Brothers 21 after the 500.

10. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Ref: Post 4922...

Hberg Lives, that "controversial" finish at Michigan stuck in my craw for a full year. Les Richter told us to go ahead and finish under yellow despite our five-lap rule (which had been shortened to three laps because of the length of the track). A year later, when Balough tried to jump the start (twice), I refused to throw the green in the final laps, even when told he wanted me to. When Gary behaved, I threw it and Trickle won the race. I recounted this incident in a "Driven to the Past" column on Frontstretch.com, and am including it in the book I'm working on. If that looks like a shameless plug, it's only because it is.

BTW, Coach and I did get to be friends later when I was at IRP. And Gary and I remained friends.

11. hanley_72

hanley_72

Keith and HBERG. LOVE this stuff so much. THANKS!!
    I am a big Hanley fan and collector and have almost everything I can find on him and then this. More new pics.
    Brian Norton is the biggest Anderson fan as well and good to see him put some of his pics on here.
    He has the most amazing collection of pics. He helped me out alot with some of my Hanley stuff.
    MORE, MORE, MORE!!

12. bushy

bushy
    from ohio

13. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

More stuff from the book.................hey IndyBigJohn..........here you are like I said when I first started posting....hehe

14. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Keeping it coming........

15. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Here you go.............

16. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Some more.............

17. bumpnrun

bumpnrun

Hberg - great scrapbook!......those cars look like the forerunner to todays Outlaw Late Models....they were wild

great shots...chalk me up as another Jr Hanley fan

18. bnorton734

bnorton734
    from Michigan

19. bushy

bushy
    from ohio

20. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Okay all you Canadian stock car fans and Jr. Hanley or Don Biederman fans in particular.......

........I need to know if this story is true.....

I was told once that those two hated each other so much that one time Biederman sat down and was just served a very expenive steak dinner at some nice restaurant when in comes Junior Hanley...

....and as soon as Don saw Junior enter the place he got up, paid for his dinner and left leaving the dinner untouched.............

or as my memory is fading here.....

.....it was the same situation but the two of them in reversed roles in the story...........I can't remember which was which but I was told this a long time ago by some fans up North of the border.......

Can anyone confirm that??..........lol!!!

21. bnorton734

bnorton734
    from Michigan

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

There is so much Off Topic, Latemodel stuff on this Thread that I'm not even going to try and clean it up.

So instead, the next Off Topic car on this Thread will Close it...

23. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Yikes!......should we start a new thread specific vintage short track late models instead?

Please advise........

24. metalshapes

metalshapes

No, when you post on the HAMB, please stay with things that are Relevant and On Topic.

The HAMB concentrates on Trad Hot Rods and Trad Customs.

( cut off date is about mid '60s in year and buildstyle, so the earlyer Stock Cars are fine )

You could start a Social Group and post things that would be Off Topic there.

Or go to the Dogfight Forum.

Which is also one of Ryan's sites.
    ( thats where I post about my O/T cars as well )

More modern stuff is welcome there, as long as its performance orientated ( which Stock Cars are...)

25. Keith Koether

Keith Koether

Sorry, I read the quoted 1st message and seeing how it was 2.5 years old and still going and said "from the beginning thru 85 or so" I assumed what I was posting was OK. I have stretched it to 86 with some of my pictures but I will quit now and If you want I will remove all my posts. I was just going by what I thought was the original intent of the opening post.

26. bushy

bushy
    from ohio

geez....excuse us....i got the impression people were enjoying our stuff!!!!!!!

27. metalshapes

metalshapes

We have had this exact same discussion with the Drag Race pic Thread, and other Pics Threads.

This should come as no surprise to anybody...

If any more discussion about this is necesary, please go go to the Q & S Forum.

So this Thread can get back to On Topic cars.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  28. rustdodger

rustdodger

For those of you who haven't checked it out the "pics of Langley Speedway" thread has a bunch of stock car pics and is currently being updated on a daily basis. Many who like this thread may find it worth a look too.

29. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Here's a couple cars that I have some of my engine parts in

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

30. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

I will check out the suggestions by the monitor and then let you guys know where I will continue posting.......in the meantime if you want to stay in touch send a request to my private message box here and I will send you my contact info...

Regards all
    Hberg Lives