Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Foppa

Foppa

Good job guys.. I dig your club... keep up the good work.

2. tire looks good, are you going to do all four?

3. - 33 degrees........FUCK DAT!! You guys are hard core!:D

4. Greezeball

Greezeball

Fleetlines rock!

5. Yea all four will get done, but Dave needs to find two more original rims. The ones on the back are two wide.

6. hotflint

hotflint

Doin all 4. Have 4 tires just need 2 more proper rims

Guess I should read all the way through before I talk

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  7. lorodz

lorodz

daves car is sweet now slam that thing to the ground

8. i like the way that car sits, it looks great from that angle in the last shot

9. Kingsway

Kingsway

Man i love this thread! The first thing i check thursday eve. Hey I saw you guys at Princess Auto yesterday. Sweet club jackets! I was just pulling up as you guys were leaving, thats why i didn't say hi. Daves car does look great by the way.Keep up the awesomeness!

10. Little Terry

Little Terry

I only recently found this thread. You guys have made me feel more jealous than all the cool threads I've read about high-dollar builds and the really rare cars. There's nothing so good as mates. Unfortunately not many of my mates have an interest in old cars, let-alone hotrods. All the hotrod mates I've got have been found on hotrod forums and sadly I don't get to hang out with them nearly as often as I would like.

Look after your mates and keep the updates coming.

All the best from the UK.

LT.

11. Kingsway, you could be our next special guest.

Little Terry, your exactly right. I've had many a lonely time working on my car. Much more fun with good friends there to help out.

12. This sounds ominous given the dildos, creepy Santa heads etc.:D

13. Greezeball

Greezeball

How does that sweet six of daves run. Last time I was there it was still on the stand. Boy did it look cool!

14. And your next!

15. Greezeball

Greezeball

16. lol!!!

17. pex

pex
    from alberta

lee-or dave. our friend mike out in acme(not wil e coyote acme)should be able to help with the rim thing
    greg(cash).

18. Kingsway

Kingsway

I was thinking the same thing... :D

19. hotflint

hotflint

Cool! Do you have more info? We are going to red deer swap meet next weekend......

20. pex

pex
    from alberta

the mike i refer to is GearHead614, lee knows him. i can't find his number-sorry

21. Well this Wednesday was my night which means we were working on the roadster.
    Supper was at the new west, bacon cheese burger with vanilla pudding for dessert.
    Back at the shop things were productive, kind of...
    I was not happy with the steering box situation on my roadster. I modified an original box to fit and it worked great during the first mock up, however the flathead I was using for mock up had stock heads, and the offenhauser heads now on the car are much thicker, and hit the steering column.
    [​IMG]

So the other day I was over at a buddys house checking out his new 32 5 Window he picked up a few months back, and it had a 40 ford box turned sideways and used for side steer. It was at this moment the little light above my head lit up and I had a solution to my steering box issue.
    Last summer I bought a bunch of 39 parts from a guy street rodding a 39 ford coupe, and in those parts was the complete steering box / column / pitman arm and nice 39 deluxe wheel.
    Tonight we started the steering box swap, which did not go as smooth as I though, but I'm still confident it will work much better than the "A" box.
    So to start things off Johnny took the 39 box and column over to the parts washer to clean it up.
    [​IMG]

While he was doing that, Dave and I started removing the old box, which was not easy! The box went in before the engine, and as usual, would not come out now! It was hitting the block.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After fighting with it for an hour and half, we ended up cutting the steering shaft off :(
    [​IMG]

While we were doing that, Kingsway walked in! Yep thats right, he actually came, despite the dildos and creepy santas:eek:
    I got Kingsway to start on the headlight stands, so I drug in a beat up old 32 fender with a beat up bent to shit 32 headlight bar on it and had him cut it off.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the bar was free from the fender, he cut the center bar out so we had two stands. Yes, he cut up an original 32 headlight bar!!:eek::eek: But don't worry, it was trashed to begin with!:cool:
    [​IMG]

After that he had to leave, but hey, thanks for cutting up my original 32 headlight bar!

About that time Johnny was done cleaning the 39 box up, and Dave and I were ready to "bolt it in".
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately while we were test fitting it, all 3 of us were holding some part of it, so we never got any pictures, but don't worry there will be more next time!
    It's going to take some heavy modifications, but it will work!

Thats when we decided to call it a night and we cleaned up and hung out for a bit. We talked about how we didn't really get much done, and how the car is actually further from the road now, but sometimes you have to take a step back in order to go forward. I think in the end I will be much happier with the 39 box, that the model A box rubbing on the head.
    [​IMG]

22. Who's Shoebox is that? Looks awesome!

23. Oh that o'l clunker?:D
    It belongs to a guy named Curt here in Edmonton. He brought it in on Monday to get the chop fixed. It's got a funny spot in the middle of the roof.
    It is pretty awesome though, I'm kind of jealous haha.

24. Fred takes a pretty decent picture.:D

Thanks for the update Lee always look forward to this post Thursday morning.

25. He's smarter than he looks!:D

26. Kingsway

Kingsway

I wanna give a thanks to the clutch poppers for letting me come and destroy a valuable vintage part and hang out a bit. It was a good time. So umm thanks. :D

27. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Well I was going to see if you needed a set of skirts for mockup on the Chevy, but I see he's already got some. If I'd have held onto some of the old parts from my car, I bet the rims would have worked. Alas, they were grabbed when they came off. Looks like you guys have a good time down there. Might see you around town if we ever get a thaw, and the roads fixed. I don't even want to pull the car out with the potholes we have!

Keep up the fun.

28. Nice to have you out Kingsway. We thought we scared you off, and we didn't even bring out the drilldo.

Fishtail8, if you ever wanna come out some Wednesday night pm me.

29. So tonight we worked on the "T-Bagger Coupe".
    Dave and I met Johnny over at the New West for supper. Dave and I had the bacon and cheese omlette. Johnny had bacon and eggs, and Johnny's son Liam had a chicken burger with a coke.
    Back at the shop we got started on the rearend. Last fall the 3 of us all pitched in and bought a 51 Olds for $50 that we stripped for parts (and got $120 a the scrappers afterwards for the hulk). The rearend out of the 51 Olds is going in Johnny's coupe.
    Johnny and Dave removed the drums, backing plates, axles and center section while I removed the brakes lines. I guess I got the short straw?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yikes!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave cutting the spring perches off...
    [​IMG]

To keep myself busy I started polishing!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hell Yea!! Look at that!
    [​IMG]

While Dave was cutting the spring perches off, Liam started cleaning parts, and I grabbed some new 32-48 style spring perches and started beveling them to get them ready to weld on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started welding them on, but Dave took over about half way through.
    [​IMG]

And by the end of the night they were done! One more item crossed off the never ending check list!

Daves sure gonna feel that one in the morning...
    [​IMG]

Our song of the night...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-V3NYckOI