Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. maxpowervtwin

maxpowervtwin

Nice job! I like the style.

2. Snickern

Snickern
    from Norway

This is amazing, subscribed!!

3. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

4. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Awesome build! Go man Go!

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks man , when i owned my 64 impala back in high school and the exhaust hung down below the frame and i was always draging it on something and the ride hight of that was a lot higher then what the wagon is going to be :D

Yah wheres the pics i'de also like to see that delivery also .
    Thanks man, u guys builds are also 3 of my favorites:)
    Hey chris, i have parts everywhere right now , some at home and some still down at the shop , when i get the motor home on fri ill post some pics of the valve cover adapter , i bought it from Tom Langdon at http://stoveboltengineco.com
    , the trans is a 85 camero t5 with a s10 tail shaft and yes it has and overdrive , the flywheel im not shure yet and im going to try to run the started that is there in the pic ,

And to everyone else Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The details on this car are totally unreal. To even dream up each little thing, much less pull them off...that is really something. The motor mount alone is art. Every post you make there is more and more. I hope to see this car in person one day. Excellent work!!!

7. wolfex1

wolfex1

I had big plans to run a small block fly wheel that I had laying around. I had it resurfaced and stuck it up there only to find it was too small. So I had to buy a 292 flywheel. The 292 uses a starter that bolts to the block, but of course the old bell housing uses a starter that bolts to it. I think my starter was for a 409. Yours looks a little different than mine and I was just wondering if you knew what it was out of, or if it was some high torque aftermarket job. Here's a build picture. Are the starters the same?~WX1

Attached Files:

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Hey wolfex1 when I bought the motor the starter came in a box with it and it bolts right up to the 62 bell housing here are some pics, I've never even herd of these started but it looks pretty cool
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

I'm with everyone else. That is a great project! Love the hood!
    Look forward to seeing it's progress!

10. wolfex1

wolfex1

No doubt someone here on the HAMB will be able to identify this type of starter for us. Looks like a gear reduction from here. ~WX1

11. MP&C

MP&C

Cody, don't know how I've missed this thread this long. Awesome build, keen eye for details you have there.

12. gotra66

gotra66

I really love your wagon and your attention to detail. Subscribed.

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Here are your pics wolfex1 and to aney one else who wants to see the valve cover adapter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. wolfex1

wolfex1

Cody, thanks for the pictures. It doesn't appear as though that adapter could be fabbed up at home, at least by most of us. It appears to be about 1/2" thick. That should keep it from distorting with heat. Does it have any torque specs?

Additional question: On your intake manifold, I am assuming that the roundish tube that connects the three intake ports equalizes vacuum between the three carbs. The squarish one, does it handle the coolant? Answer whenever you get a chance. Priority time goes to the build. Thanks! ~WX1

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Yes chris the adapter 1/2 thick and im not shure on torque specs .
    The top tube of the intake is the vacuum equalizer and the bottom one is for the collant .

17. reaper71

reaper71

Have any updates to keep us drooling?

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just keep a steady pace. As long as it's done it time for Jalopyrama, I'll be overjoyed!

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Nothing realy worth wild taking pictures of at this moment. :D

You and me both , but the way things are going it will most likely not be finished by then. we'll see , still so much to do in so little time. :eek:

20. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

wow that engine is beauty , 3 SU carbs to awesome , split headers , eye candy under the hood

21. reaper71

reaper71

BTW guys where and when is jolopyrama?

Mark

22. wolfex1

wolfex1

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Here are some more update pics guys .
    [​IMG]
    So I yanked the rear out to start changing up the rear suspension
    [​IMG]
    Here are the start of the long trailing arms I'm making to run a 2 link setup , I know some of you are saying why change the suspension , well y not :D I needed to lenghten the old trailing arms aney ways and change some thing up to get the frame to lay so why not simplefi everything and just run the 2 link setup instead of the 3link .

Also since I have the motor at home I've been putting time in on that at nights by smoothing out the bellhousing and block .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. ryno

ryno

your going to have crazy drive line issues running the 2 link.

25. wolfex1

wolfex1

Why? My '61 Chev PU comes factory with two link and a panhard. Been working for fifty years.

26. bamboozelor

bamboozelor

this is going to be awesome. best year for a chevy wagon if you ask me

27. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

WOW great work man. Love this thread.

28. Looking at your updates, just solidifies that my Elco is going to be a work truck!! Hahahahaa I appreciate the work you're doing and commend you for it. Absolutely, not the work of a lazy man!

29. wolfex1

wolfex1

Yea, Foose has his crew of fifty, and Cody has his crew of...........CODY!

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Sorry guys i didnt get back to you all aney sooner, ive just been extremely busy.

Thanks man, hard work is i know ,so why not do it on something i love:D i love your elky , that thing is way more than just a work truck.

Yah i think 59 wagons are also the best year for a chevy wagons

Thanks man

Hey chris, i guess that's why its taking this project so long to get finished lol:D but i wouldnt havent it aney other way .