Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need electrical help!!! Dfw folks!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drag'n 59, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

The wire gremlins have returned. This time it's the headlights. Few months ago changed everything out to gm style switches. Worked fine for months, now when I turn the headlights on they stay on solid for about one minute, then start to flicker. I have messed with it and can't fix the problem. I am pretty convinced it is not the switch. Im sure its something like a conection or bad crimp, who knows??? I need an electrical gurus help! I need to get it fixed before the roundup. Sooner would be cool. Any help would be most definitely appreciated!!!

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Check ground first but it seems to act more like the dimmer switch. See if it gets hot.

3. Pro Shifted

Pro Shifted

X2 the dimmer is an overload protector. Maybe unhook one headlight and try that.

4. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

I'd check for voltage drop across different pieces of the circuit with a multi\meter set to DC volts. Should only get 12 volts across the bulbs. Every piece in the power side should read real low, like less than 0.3. Across a switch or relay should be real low, too.

Also check from the battery negative to the ground terminal on the light bulbs.

http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/images/schemat2.jpg