Register now to get rid of these ads!

**** MAJOR Props: Vintage Gasket- an Alliance Vendor ****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Homespun91, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Since in today's society and press ya don't generally hear when anybody does anything right, I'd like to give a shout out to one of the newer H.A.M.B. Alliance vendors, Vintage Gasket Company.

I saw that they joined a couple of months ago and thought I'd give them a try last week. I got exactly what I needed, and promptly to boot. No hassle, no B.S., great prices, packed well, shipped quickly, and made in the U.S. of A. A grand slam, folks, and it don't get any better than that!

A second round of applause goes to Brian Shaw of V.G. for his product knowledge and courtesy, (two sadly rare commodities these days).

In short, I was pleased as punch. I'd have no reservations about recommending them, and that's also rare these days.

As a final note, I also ordered a gasket scraper from them, because it was listed as being made in the U.S., and the ancient scraper I have is a P.O.S. The one I received from VG is made by Wilde Tool and is a nice piece of gear....I'm fairly certain I won't be able to break it, and I'm good at doing things like that. :D Not very costly, either, and if you've dealt with the frustration of scraping welded-on cork oil pan gaskets, using a crappy razor blade parts-store Chinese or Indian sourced piece of junk, you may want to find one of these for yourself.

2. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

Homespun,
    I was going to give them a try. Thanks for the reference.

3. Bump for the Alliance.

4. oldman2

oldman2

Nice to hear good things.

5. Last bump for a great vendor!

6. Agreed.