Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1955 lincolns done custom what do you think

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HELLMET, Mar 13, 2011.

1. HELLMET

HELLMET

A friend has this i might want it but its a big job any pics of 55 lincolns done up? I only now of one the pink one and it rules. I would also chop it and put a contenintal kit on it. Should i go for it? I miss my 55 pontiac this would be a great cruiser. Billy

Attached Files:

2. i say do it but forget the contenintal kit never liked those

3. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

agreed

4. Get it unless you are going to ruin it with the continental kit!

5. HELLMET

HELLMET

Man i should not have said the ck word. I think it make the ass end looooonger.

6. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

close if not the same year not sure but it is a lincoln a lot like that one i love them and would say go for it

Attached Files:

7. farmer12

farmer12

These are great looking cars in my opinion. Looks like a nice project, but like a few have said before, lose the ck........

8. '55 Lincoln's make great customs...they were luxury cars, so lots of factory options, beautiful lines, long as hell, and tons of chrome and stainless.

This is my buddy's old one......he misses the shit out of it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bryan

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

HELLMET,

It would make the backend look longer, BUT the only way to really accomplish that with a "ck" is if you extend the rear fenders to "frame" the ck. Then it not only "looks" longer...it IS !

Love those '55-'56 Lincs. Best of luck to you !

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

10. HELLMET

HELLMET

how much was it chopped?

11. A 55 Lincoln is always on my list besides a 55 Pontiac, I say go for it Billy. Here is a link to my flicker account for Lincolns for some ideas...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kustom55/sets/72157604793524708/

If you extend the fenders and do a ck like Kutty did on his Merc it would look bitchin...oh and if you ever replace the fron bumper/grille with say a 55 Pontiac I call dibs on the Lincoln grille/bumper....

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  12. 2.25" out of the posts.

13. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Checkout the Custom 54 Lincoln Capri that LincolnKustomLady is selling on the HAMB classified section. Beautiful car with a Continental Kit. The car looks like it is worth every bit of the asking price.

14. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Correction: The seller's UserID is KustomLincolnLady.

15. HELLMET

HELLMET

that car is beautiful.

16. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

The 1952-55 are the best for doing a clean classy custom. The roofs on them are pretty low as it is and when they are chopped they look just as nice. I would say go for it 100%. I have a 54 and love it. They dont need a lot to make them look fantastic.

Although keep in mind that parts for these cars arent always easy to come by.

17. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

i love the old lincs, ive got a 62 convert a 64 hard and a 57 premiere im still working at parts for. they have nice lines and are well built. the 55s are class. ray

18. HELLMET

HELLMET

now do i it keep the stock motor or swap it out? it jumped time in 86 and parked and it was a beatiful car when parked and then got negleted and is what you see now. sad. any thoughts on fixing the stock motor i think it can be brought back from the dead. billy

19. I guess I'm biased on the continental kits for the 52 - 55 Lincolns. The thing that makes or breaks the continental kit is how the quarter panels are done and the spare placed. Many of the factory installed or aftermarket kits dont extend the top of the panel and very few were done extending part of the quarter or the entire panel. Rik Hoving has a couple of articles about continental kits on these cars, one done by the Ayala Bros, the other by Valley Customs . Quite a difference in the finished product.

Link to the Ayala article.

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_...ustom_cars/ayala_customs/1953-lincoln-capri-/

Link to the Valley Customs article.

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_...ms-1/ina-mae-overman-195/ina-mae-overman-52-/

The magazine pages are down a couple of pics from the top.

I agree about Deb's Lincoln . Its a great car and you cant build it for the price .

20. 65Riviera

65Riviera

When done right probably one of my fav customs... If you can , keep the motor!!

21. PA170003.jpg

Here is a very mild one I did a few years ago. Just took all the crap off it and made the side trim stop at the door, makes the back look a little stronger IMO. They are really long, make sure you have room before you get it. I put a 351C in it, it was a real squeeze around the steering box. The steering box's are monsters!
    The C piller is about the only thing to really think about if your going to chop it!

22. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

these cars look great the way they are. Dont need to chop it. looks badass the way it came from the factory. just slam it!

23. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Keep that LYB, I dig the way mine looks and drives.

I went through mine on the cheap, rings bearings etc, it runs like a top and it actually moves the 4,300 Capri really well.

[​IMG]

I'd post a pic of the car, but it ain't a custom yet... :D

24. Mucha Muchacha

Mucha Muchacha

Rebuilt mine last summer (yes, after I finished the car) Just about gave my bf and I a heart attack taking it out and putting it back in a painted car. That's how I roll sometimes...oh well, I couldn't afford the rebuild when I originally did the car. I wouldn't trade it in for no other motor...thank you. Its one sexy MF!
    :D:D:D

Attached Files: