Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Traditional Car Club Association

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 13, 2011.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well it's taken a while, but with the help of Kevin Sledge from the Shifters and our other close friends from other clubs, we have finaly kicked off the T.C.C.A. . This friendship has always exsisted with alot of the older clubs, we just never put a name on it. for years we have helped each other out, but with times being so hard and more and more government regulations placed on our cars, it is imperative that all the clubs join together, and help protect our hobby. The purpose of the T.C.C.A. , is to promote and preserve our hobby for us and future generations, for years the N.H.R.A. , the S.C.T.A., the N.S.R.A., The Model "T", Model "A" and The Early V-8 Clubs of America, The K.K.O.A., The Goodguys Association ,S.E.M.A., and the Asociation of California Car Clubs, have fought our battles for us, so we can continue to enjoy our hobby, These guys are in their seventies, and need our help. It's our turn to carry the torch and insure their will be a hobby for future generations. We are no longer just a few guys in southern california, they are trational car clubs in every major city in the U.S.A. and in Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. It dosen't cost any money for your club to join the T.C.C.A. The only requirement to join is that you make a pledge of friendship and mutual respect towards the other clubs, and be responsible for your own club members, this will keep the rising cost of car shows down,for in that way , promotors of car shows won't have to hire so much security, and we can keep a happy and safe enviorment for all of us , at our shows.

2. Sounds like quite the idea. Where can we get more info?

3. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

We will be dividing the T.C.C.A. into regional groups, north west , south west, north central , south central, north eastern and south eastern groups, we are looking for clubs to voluntier to help organize the different regions, and in this way guarenty that each region gets help for their specific issues and fairly represented. We will be forming a comunity group on the H.A.M.B., and in that way the different clubs can post suggestions or bring up any problems they might have. also it would anable clubs to post their shows , so in that way, minimize the overlap of shows. All you need to join is have a representative from your club send me a p.m. with a contact number and e-mail, your info will be kept confidental , or call me at 619-573 2637. As the regional groups get formed , we will post contact numbers for each group and in this way , you can deal with someone that is local to you.

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The following is a list of clubs that have joined or showed some interest by one of their club members,; Lifters, Shifters, Aces, Gearheads,Cavaliers, Beatnicks,Ilegales,Bean Bandits,throtle Kings,Barrons,Sovereigns, Turks,Maurauders,Strays,Cruzedors, Road Devils,Emperours,Conquistadors,Wrench Wenches, Bolevardos,Hood Fellows,Crown Rockers,Choppers,Cat Killers, Spares,West Coast Kustoms, these are clubs from California, from Arizona the Rattlers, from Tenesee The Moonshiners, The Alter Boys have volenteried to head the north eastern regional group. Kevin Sledge has volenteried to head the north western region , and since he is moving to Sacremento, he will work with Asociation of Cailfornia Car Clubs to represent us with the California State Senate.

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Most of you have seen the magazine articles that refer to the problems we are now facing with new smog ordinances, registration and storage of our hot rods and customs, The problems are very real and we can not afford to hide under a rock and expect the other associations to solve our problems on their own. They need our help and support, California has been hit especial hard, For years , California has been the role model for smog legislation, and with the goverments cap and trade program, all states will be affected sooner or later. Please do not bag on our Goverment, or post your political views , for it will get this thread canceled, we are trying to find positive solutions to these problems, it's up to us to represent ourselves and form a lobby that will inform the different goverment agencies of our needs. S.E.M.A. , The asociation of California Car Clubs, and state assembleman Jefferies ( Dean Jefferies son) are trying to introduce a bill that will protect our hot rods and customs from smog regulations, He still dosen't have enough support to introduce the bill , that though it limits the use of our cars , to go to shows or social events, it keeps the Carlifornis Air Resourse Board off our backs, The problem is that the California Air Resourse Board is trying to enforse a ordinance that would make it illegal for us to have any performance equipment on our engines, thats means no blowers, tri-powers,racing cams,headers on our engines , pretty much they want the cops to target us with visual inspections , like they did with the tunner cars, If a cop pulls you over for anything , he has the right to insect your engine and give you a smog referal slip as well as a fine. These ordinances are not laws that have to be voted on, but rules that c.a.r.b. can decide upon and enforse, Senetor Jefferies is trying to broker a deal ,so c.a.r.b. and d.m.v. will leave us alone, I believe Washinton State has just been succesful in passing a similar bill. for more info go to the S.E.M.A. website.

6. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Please feel free to post shows of support, or ideas on how we can better organize the association , so it will serve you better.

7. Master of None

Master of None

Sounds like a great idea, I would hang a flier or banner for it in my shop. Iowa isn't at the head of some of these regulations, but I know there coming down the road. Eventually I feel its going to put a huge burden on smaller shops or the average Joe or Jane wanting to build and enjoy classic vehicles. I would contact the I.S.R.A (Iowa street rod association) to get an idea of other clubs in the area. I know Minnesota has the M.S.R.A, and too has a monthly new letter that reaches many members. Keep us posted!

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks again for the info, we are trying to find info on clubs in other states, so we can invite them to join,

9. screwball

screwball

Any Canadian clubs up yet?

10. screwball

screwball

I tried to P.M. you but I got a notice that you have chosen not to receive P.M. S

11. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Says you dont or wont accept PMs...
    How do I contact you?

12. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I've been involved in similar organizations representing different automotive interests. It's a great idea and needed more than ever. My only advice would be to set up one or two meetings a year with representatives from all of the clubs getting together to exchange ideas and put a face to a name. This is one idea that will benefit from face time and the Internet is not the answer. Mcgoozi, PM me as I'm in SD and would like to discuss some stuff.

13. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

post #3 shows a contact phone #

14. There is no doubt that our club the Iron Lords would be there to support and promote such an organization. I look forward to more information.

BloodyKnuckles

15. screwball

screwball

I emailed as the wife hates when we end up with $30.00 long distance calls to California. Ever try to talk cars for a short time never works for me.

16. k-member

k-member

I live in Washington and can tell you from experience that going to Olympia is a PITA and can be frustrating. I sure don't want more rules. This sounds very interesting.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Michigan has had the MHRA, Michigan Hot Rod Association for many, many years. They are an organization of 5 car clubs based in Michigan. Some might be fimiliar with them as they have a repair trailer at many of the NSRA events, the BTTF's event and others. They also do the Detroit Autorama.

You've got a great idea going, good luck.:cool:

18. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Good idea ... I'll bring it up with my president.

19. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

sounds cool miguel, let me know if we can help

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Sorry guys, I ate to much carne asada and fell asleep, I have checked my p.m.s and only recieved a friend request, my e-mail adress is [email protected], I don't know why p,m. is not working, I will ask my daughter later on to check it out, my computer skills suck , so be patient with me.I have unlimited minutes on my cell phone for U.S. calls and would be happy to call you guys , so it dosen't cost you. , My phone does not work when I am in Mexico, but does recieve messeges, 619-573 2637, I do apreciate any help and will call those who offered later. Bob Hill from the Aces has been working on a avatar or logo for the association, small patches will be available later for a small fee, for those who want one for their jackets, later on we will set up the comunity group, for now we are brainstorming and waiting for your comments and suggestions. At a later date, we are planning a Car Club Luhau , there will be camping and car show and pot luck bar-b-que. this will be put on by all the clubs , so everyone can participate.

21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Not yet , but I think a Canadian group is a great idea, we are looking for volenters, so if some one can organize a Canadian group, we would be thrilled.

22. autobilly

autobilly

Great idea, best of luck to all involved.

23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I´ll call you tomorrow, thanks.

24. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

We here in Connecticut have Connecticut Council of Car Clubs ( 4C's ) ... http://www.ctccc.net/
    Good luck

25. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

grumpy, i am accepting pm´s, i have a bunch of em´in my inbox....

26. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Will there be a method by which an individual can belong or support the organization if they don't belong to a Club?

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Screwball I got your message but was not able to respond because you have it blocked off, may be it's a H.a.m.b. glich, If you know of a club in Canada , please let us know.

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I am shure we can start a lone wolf group , I know there are traditional car guys who live in rural areas where they are not many people or just don't belong to a club, but are still interested in preserving our hobby.

29. paintcan54

paintcan54

I'll be watching for the "Lone Wolf" part. I live in a big city just not into a club.

30. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

As soon as there is a "Lone Wolf" group , I'm in. Thank you to all the guys who are working on making this happen.