Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What did you do for Thanksgiving, I chopped my Hudson!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THEKID49, Dec 19, 2010.

1. THEKID49

THEKID49

Thanks alot. I wanted to keep the proportions correct. It didn't need much, they have such a low roof to start with.

2. it took many months for my complete order of seals and such to arrive, it was a case of once they stocked the parts the back orders got sent out. this car has always been an inspiration for my hudson. (if only we got coupes here- i know of one aus delivered hollywood and its way too good to cut- even if you did could your hands on it)

3. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Looks great Mike. I hope you get your seals before the Round Up!

4. THEKID49

THEKID49

Well the seals are on the way. Also a new windshield is on the way also. Yup I broke it cutting it yesterday. The practice windshield cut just fine, when it was time for the real one it cracked pretty quick.

5. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Thats great news are you gonna make the Round Up?

6. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

i love this car. great work. top looks perfect

7. Movinman

Movinman

Mike, the car looks great! Killer work, as usual!

8. THEKID49

THEKID49

I should. The big hold up now will be the cutting of the windshield.

9. rat seeker

rat seeker

I would have had a hard time cutting into that car, but it looks even better now.

10. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

Tastefully done. Looks super.....

11. Kenny P

Kenny P

By golly the Roundup is right around the corner....any updates?
    Is she back on the ground, fully loaded and ready to roll?

Once the rubber and glass are in she is gonna look pretty badarse,
    looking forward to seeing it.!!

12. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

Sweet! I would love to do one. That looks awsome.

13. Great looking car:
    Two things that will happen. First the ass wipes will ask if it's a Merk, and what year. So be ready for them. Second the white dash that looks great will blind you when the sun light hits it. I can't remember when over the last fifty years, but I painted one white, and was so excited about how it came out. The first time out in the sun light I almost crashed whatever it was.
    Your work is top notch. Congratulations.
    I'm new to HAMB so please take this in the spirit that it's given. Great job!
    Johnny Sweet

14. Smokey2

Smokey2

Hi......My friends All SAY, "They like, Atop Chopped Sooes YOU not SURE! If'n IT IS COPPED R=NOT..........The HUDSON, Already "looks chopped" I have always liked these cars!!!!
    You have done XCELLENT JOB! Five Stars,
    Looks as if this was (is) REALLY GOOD CAR! Congratulation!,Let's Cee Mor Pics.

Smokin'........In tha' GREAT SMOKEY MTS.

15. sir_ely

sir_ely

Bitchin ride...love the chop and work done to it. Looks just right.....Inspirational for sure.

16. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Wow! Lot's of work, but a superb job on the chop!
    Hudson's are cool to begin with, but when they're
    chopped like yours , triply so!

Mart3406
    ============================

17. THEKID49

THEKID49

I get the Merc thing all the time. I usually have plenty of smart ass comments for them. I have been driving it for about 5 or 6 years with the white dash. The sun really reflects off since thetop of the dash is very flat.

18. THEKID49

THEKID49

Here are some updates. I have been really busy trying to get this thing back together for the Roundup. I got all the garnish moldings cut down and painted.
    [​IMG]

I got made fun of for my arts and crafts project of trying to suspend them so paint would get on all sides.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cut down one windshield and broke it. So this weekend we cut down the next one. We sandblasted this time with much better results. I should have done that in the first place. Sorry no pictures. Then on Saturday my buddy installed my new headliner. It still needs to be trimmed around the quarter windows and package tray. The front and rear windows will be installed tomorrow nite. Over the weekend I installed the quarter glass and the passenger door glass. I am still waiting for the drivers door and vent glass to be cut.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well back to work. I will keep everybody posted. We are leaving for the Roundup on the 28th, so I need to hurry up.

19. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Night and day on that one... Beautiful! :cool:

20. Wow. That really looks great. Nice work on the headliner / garnish mouldings / glass! I've got all that yet to do.

I'll be at the Roundup too, but without a car. Can't wait to see the car and shoot the shit with you in person!

What did you do with the side window stainless? It looks like you must have cut/welded them all up? Did you do this yourself?

21. Nevermind...I must have missed this post.

22. THEKID49

THEKID49

I look forward to meeting you. I did cut and weld all the stainless. I did it myself. This is the first set I have ever done. I bought a complete extra set from Owens Salvage before the first cuts were ever made to the car. I am working on the last piece right now. Some final sanding and polishing yet to go.

23. They really look great. Can't wait to see your car in person!

24. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Did you get windows in yet?
    Not too much time left for LSR...

25. so... how's it coming??

26. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

27. superchargedill

superchargedill

That looks really good. You cut just the right amount. Man that's a lot of work and figuring. Thanks for posting all of your progress pics. I have learned much from you Master. signed, Grashopper.

28. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

I don't know how I missed this one, but the chop looks excellent. It's also nice to see the pics of the follow-thru on to the stainless and glass. Lots of chop posts end with cutting the car apart and simply tacking on the lid. Finishing the chop details is the hard part.

29. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Dude!! That's incredible the difference!!! Very Very nice!!!

Great work!!!

30. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

Wow the lines the proportions are all dead on Looks natural !! NICE JOB LOVE THIS CHOP= BAD ASS!!!:cool: