Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Something different than your Grandpa's Model A build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRIUMPH TERROR, Mar 12, 2011.

1. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

A good friend of mine after seeing my coop had been wanting to build a hot rod. He set out on a search to find the perfect body .....only problem was he was looking for a mopar. Him as well as I are big mopar fans and he stated his car needed to be all mopar. His job requires him to travel so while working in Arizona he came across a 31 Plymouth ceedan and it was love at first sight .
    This body is unreal and totally rust free. We cut the og metal floor out it was a shame but in the name of rodding thats what we had to do. The really only thing wrong was the part of a 55 chevy decklid and a Taurus sun roof somebody tried to fill the roof with. We took care of that and once its chopped we will fill it proper.
    The body.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The start of what was to become the frame....
    [​IMG]
    The rails laid out and welding them together..
    [​IMG]
    And now we have a basic frame....
    [​IMG]
    Super mock up mode.............
    [​IMG]
    And basking in the sun checking stance and proportions...After 4 weeks of thrashing she is sitting on the ground on her own suspension.She is ready for steering and motor mounts to be made....Also she is all mopar from The Hemi engine which is next to the 8 3/4 rear axle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sure was nice to see the sun for the first time in days..Should be the first project to roll outta the new shop. Someday I will get my Panhead and other projects done but right now we are rocking along on this :D

Shoe

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

All mopar.. That's nice.. How are you going to treat the back window when you chop it????????

3. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Not sure on that ,I think Mike the owner is going to keep it the same size and remove the window before the chop. Then try to keep the side windows propotioned to the rear window.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Good idea and plan
    to me , those oval rear windows set that body apart from the norm, they just look cool

Stogy likes this.

5. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

The window is very cool. This car was a very well built car for the day vs a model A. One piece steel floor and door checks are way ahead of most for the time. I am sure this car was spendy for the time.

Stogy likes this.
  6. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I took out the same amount as the tape on the B pillar, also from under the window. It's quick and dirty...

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  7. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

One more...

Attached Files:

8. lorodz

lorodz

sweet sedan....

9. oldschoolfool

oldschoolfool
    from indy

hi guys im the one who is lucky enough to call this car mine, sinister i beleive the tape marks you did are 4 inches, i also did 6 inches but that would only leave me a 5 inch window to look through, the 4 looks good to me, the back window is going to stay original size and moved where it needs to be to look rite , the car will be powered by a 392 hemi it should be a cool hotrod thanks to shoes house of chop for the help on the car

10. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

the rear three qtr view is great.....needs that engine bay filled up though to complete the full car look....very cool job sinister.

11. Good to see you posting again!

12. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Yes I have been kinda internet free lately......:D
    Just moves so fast on here anymore...so many new people who I dont know.....use to be a time where most that posted knew each other in person....

Shoe