Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN MERC 50...... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, Dec 20, 2007.

1. fiki

fiki

I believe Tom(oz40) is not back on it...lets give credit to the ones who do the actual work... :D

2. I've had this post marked for along time. This is one of the most interesting things to see a merc being rebuilt from such a shabby start. this may be the best project posting ever. thank you.

3. Does this car still exist? Any updates?

4. sled

sled

Stutz,yes...it does.I have the project in stand by for the moment,waitin to restart very hard and finish it as soon i'll be on it....Waitin for master Tom (oz40 on here) to perform his magic again ...can't wait! Sled

5. Anymore news?

6. sled

sled

Stutz,thanks to remind me about my Merc...i have'nt had any minute to think at this one and its already 1 year already,time flies...

Waitin for my metal master "king of tequila" OZ40 (Tom) to be back in Mexico to restart again and really finish as it deserves..cant wait!

As soon he'll be ready i'll be over it big time...updates will be shown here as usual for all the Hamb gang....

soon, Sled

7. Cmon Sled.
    More than 2 years since any work here.

8. sled

sled

Lifestylz mate...yeah,you're right...time flies...waitin my cool mate Tom from down under to be back in Mexico to push on this one...im sure willing to start again today...cant wait.
    Actually im thinkin on the drivetrain and no longer i will use the BB 454 Chevy,not the correct style...i got 2 Rockets instead waitin to be rebuilt...
    be patient,once i restart here i will be showin the progress as usual fellas....

9. nova74

nova74

hi sled:
    nice job but any news on when you go to restart the project a greeting from mexico city
    pending......

10. sled

sled

Hi Nova74...im pushin Tom (oz40) from downunder (the metal wizard) to be back in Mexico soon...he moved back in Australia and as soon is set he'll be back to mexico to finish this Merc and start other custom cars of mine,is all set but i dont have an exact date yet...anyway,once i will restart here i will update the thread for all you guys to see the improvements....

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. Summer time in Australia right now, so you might have to wait a few months for Tom yet. :)

12. sir_ely

sir_ely

Where to begin....True work of art, amazing talent and skills. Wish I had 1/8th of the skill set you guys have...Thinking, I may have to move to mexico too, so I can learn from the pros.....Sweet build....keep up the great work....waiting on the updates....

13. russ1403

russ1403

dam ive been on the hamb about two years or so and always love posts from sled/magnus and never seen this one till today,,hope to see this merc finished some day:)

14. Well the Pro (Tom) actually lives in Australia ... :D

15. sir_ely

sir_ely

Yeah, I could do that too...

16. sled

sled

Thanks for the input guys...yeah,its almost time to move again in the Merc,i was just thinkin these days to start again on this one ...im tired to look at it sittin,wanna push forward and definately i will trash the idea of the 454 big block...it has to be a vintage drivetrain.Will mail metal wizard Tom now to push him back in Tequilaland ...

17. Hey Sled.
    If you don't hurry, I will get mine finished before you ..

[​IMG]

18. farmer12

farmer12

Wow, just spent 30 minutes reading this thread. Amazing craftmanship here. Can't wait for you guys to continue this project. It's been a while now..............

19. sled

sled

20. sled

sled

farmer12 ...glad you like it ...huge credit goes to Tom (Oz40 here on the Hamb) the aussie metal wizard..he's the one.
    Im getting reorganized to move this thing forward soon actually...im tired to see it collecting dust and ...it has to be finished the way it deserves...
    retought on the drivetrain too....has to be Hamb style;)

21. oz40

oz40

Yeah, I been thinking that too for some time now.
    It aint traditional with the 454 BB.
    The Olds option tickels my fancy much more:D
    Adios Amigo

22. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

hey tom,
    when are u gonna continue on the merc? u are a great inspiration for many of us guys here in belgium!!amazing!! king of metal!!;)
    greetz pete

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. Pacorro

Pacorro

Sled Hi, I'm waiting impatiently as the others that this merc is finished. I am moving about a mile from there and I can promise to Oz40 tequila every Friday to be in Mexico, oh yea. This car is my inspiration and, thanks to sled, now I have my own merc 50 that runs like the hell. I hope your project restarted soon. Gracias aigos¡¡¡

24. Any updates on the Merc?
    Do you still have it?

25. Seeyouentee

Seeyouentee
    from Perth

yeah fr sure, whats happening? wheres tom now and whats he doing?

26. sled

sled

Lifestylz mate...yes,of course i still have the Merc but its the corner sitting of my partner's garage in Guadalajara...waitin myself to invest some more money in it..as you know i started the 40 Merc march last year and left in stand by the 50...but im tryin to came up with some cash and push to the final this beauty sooner or later...Tom (Oz40 moved back to Australia aprox a year ago with the whole family...and he's restaring there his magic metal work..but he loves Mexico,so i hope to work out a plan with him again to push forward the Merc...i will not be forgotten,promised

27. oz40

oz40

Yeah, just love Mexico and am waiting to get back there:)

28. mercurymitch

mercurymitch
    from Australia

Wow i thought i had my work cut out ,but you have done an amazing job.I would have liked to have seen some pics on how the metal shaping was done.cheers ,a great job.

29. Tils

Tils

Over a year has passed since any update. Have news?

30. Pacorro

Pacorro

Realmente impaciente por que este metal del infierno vuelva a rodar. Tal vez termine el mío primero. Saludos a Sled y Tom