Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID Gramma's car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boeing Bomber, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I got some pics from my Mom the other day of my Gramma in various cars, and I can't place these. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

All I know is this is a Chevy, anything else??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

3. Cowl looks wrong to be a dodge......I've got a '21 in the back yard. This one doesn't have the right shape at all. Looks to maybe be another GM product.

4. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I was thinking Dodge also, but I think your picture Nailed it. The lower rear of the cab looks a bit different, and the fenders are more curved on Gramma's car. I'd say it's definitely a Chevy, maybe 1917?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  5. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

I was seeing the same thing, but it looks dented.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. It looks like there is a dent on the bottom of the 1st pic.....made it look a little strange. The last pic is a dodge, mid 'teens to '22 or so....can't remember when they changes the cowl in the mis 20's.

7. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

In picture #3, is that a Dodge Grille ornament?

8. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

You guys are great. So I'll throw this one in with the bunch. Mom says it was a Terraplane. She has more memories of this one than any other. Yeah, that's Mom sitting with Gramma.
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to have to learn how to use Photoshop so I can remove the pen marks on the tire. Then I can Hot Rod the roadster.

9. I'd say 1925 Hudson or Essex.....i may be very wrong but I didn't think the Terraplane came around till '32

10. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

You could be right. I don't recognize the grille ornament at all, and the triple beveled lip on the fenders is like nothing I've ever seen. I think I heard Mom once say Grampa owned a Hudson, but this is her as a little girl ( the shortest one) so I gotta' doubt her memory...
    [​IMG]

11. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Dang Nailhead, you really know your old ODD rods. That's IT.

12. After seeing the front shot, I'll change my guess to a 1923 Hudson 2dr Coach. The early 20's Hudsons essex' share the same body, but different fenders and grills. Also the early 20's cars were bulky in the cowl/A-pillar area.

This is a shot of the '23 essex...you can see the grill and fender difference. The essex was the lower priced option to the Hudson.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44871759@N00/1756450201/

13. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by the bulkyness of those A-pillars. Grampa didn't mind spending a little more for quality. Got any idea on the difference between the fender/running boards on Gramma's Roadster, and the pic you showed me?

14. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

I love a challenge. Here's a quick and dirty sample. If you can send me a large high resolution scan of the original I'll be able to do a better job. Send me a private message for my email.

[​IMG]

15. Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  16. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Said it once...I'll say it again, You guys are all GREAT. Thanx for everything.

Nailhead, you've been a wealth of help,

32Ford5, Thanx for cleaning up the pic, Can't wait to show my Mom

17. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

=============
    There ya' go.....pen marks on the front tire
    all gone! No need for photoshop though. I
    just used the free 'MS-Paint' program to do
    the deed. :)

Mart3406
    ===================