Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Official 60-66 C-10 Chevy Truck Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, May 8, 2006.

1. striptnut

striptnut

Im not trying to kick up any dust with anybody on this site , just trying to rap with other CHEVY TRUCK guys and also look for some ideas for my trucks.

2. Of course they did. Imagine that.

I suppose one should use modern terminology on a modern vehicle. I know that the late model fellas have made laying frame or rocker panels a fad but really when you get right down to it its pretty silly.

real traditional customs didn't scrape when parked. Lots of them were actually driven low but they were not so low they couldn't be driven. The whole parking on the pavement thing is a modern concept brought on by modern technology and an attempt to one up the next fella.

I don't have a problem with it but it isn't trad and at the end of the day we are supposed to be about traditional rods and customs and the spreading the gospel there of.

OK so back to the official C-10 thread and the trucks that made it possible. And just so that we are on the same page I am not sorry for the rant.

3. striptnut

striptnut

Ill tell ya what ...Ranting is a good thing. Id rather rant than pick up a tool and throw it only to have to fix the dent later !

4. I actually learned that one with a radiator. The only running '57 Chevy I ever owned ended up with a 1/2 x 9/16 box end wrench stuck through the radiator that I had just repaired. Uh I still have the wrench.

Now I just scream and curse and rant untill I feel better. Just ask the old rattled out C-10 of mine that someone posted early on in this thread. :D

There is a lot that can be done with these trucks up to and including setting the rockers on the pavement if that's what makes you happy. For a brick they are a very nice platform to work with.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  5. striptnut

striptnut

These old trucks look good from any angle and at any level wether it be slammed or even factory 4x4 . Dont matter in what condition I dig em all !

6. jason65

jason65

:cool:

Attached Files:

7. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I'm digging the lakes pipes on your Sub. I've got 5-slots on mine, and it's lowered a few inches, and I can't shake this idea of going '70s with it and running some Thrush side pipes.

I'm going to put a 10-ft whip antenna on it for a CB... it'd probably just need that stupid "Keep on Truckin!" guy on the barn doors to complete the look!

-Brad

8. ^^Yep^^

I'll have to take and post some progress pics of my '62, painted the interior.:)

9. jchav62

jchav62

This is what my '62 looked like in around 1975... Gotta love them door murals!! Back then it belonged to my first cousin Dan.

Attached Files:

10. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Love that ol' pic Joe, thanks for posting!

11. striptnut

striptnut

go for it ! I remember back in the late 70s on Van Nuy Blvd all the raked trucks and vans were slingen around those antennas and thrush pipes. The longer the whip, the crazier it looked . You can still catch me rubberneckn on a 70s style Chevy truck going down the road.

12. BigCarter

BigCarter
    from Luling, LA

hey guys here's another pic of my GMC, suspension finally done, on 20 & 22" Centerline Smoothies. Before to many knock on me, I know the there is not to much rubber, but i wanted to make sure that everything tucked and could make a full turn.

Attached Files:

13. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Here is a rare 64-66 Crew Cab. The cab is sitting on the frame.

Attached Files:

14. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

This one had no bed on it. It was just the Cab on the frame. I have seen one other like this and it was in a magazine.

15. knuckledragger66

knuckledragger66
    from Hutto,Tx

Drove it out of the garage for the first time.It was last tagged in 81.It now has a 402/t350,front discs and p/s.I am trying to have it ready to drive to the round up.Ugly ,but fun.
    See yall at the round up,Dan

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  16. Goob333

Goob333

That crew cab was probably one of those coach built deals. They had some for airports that were enormous. There is one around where I live that is parked that has 8 doors. Of course with these trucks that just means there is more rust to fix!

17. jason65

jason65

To the top.:cool:

Attached Files:

18. Here is some fresh paint in the '62 cab:

Attached Files:

19. You are correct. Rail Road work crews, I've also seen them at quaries but they could have been purchased used from the railroad.

never the less rail road work crews were the original intant of them. I would like to have one myself I think they are cool.

Damn I wish I knew as much about fords and Dodges as I do Chevys. :eek:

I hate to admit it but I do love the door murals. Kinda reminds me of the older hoppers and the fellas that drove them. Perhaps they didn't count asd traditional custom guys but they all had it going on, pure and simple.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  20. striptnut

striptnut

I hate to admit it but I do love the door murals. Kinda reminds me of the older hoppers and the fellas that drove them. Perhaps they didn't count asd traditional custom guys but they all had it going on, pure and simple.[/QUOTE]

yeah ! Nothing like a old Shop truck with a padded push bar in front and a cool door mural to finish it off . That sure would stand out at a cruise nite wouldnt it ? Damn that gives me an idea.

21. striptnut

striptnut

I started to look around thru all my books and stuff . and only found pictures of the trucks with long beds. Then I googled 1964 chevy truck crew cab and saw a bunch of finished ones.

22. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

How about this as an idea for the ultimate race support rig: 1-ton panel with a set of back doors for the crew, walled off right behind the crew compartment. The back section, accessed by the barn doors, would hold tool boxes, racks for oil and fluids and spare parts, and a swing-out vise to work on.
    Captains chairs in the passenger compartment could go 3-wide in the back, and two up front.
    -Brad

23. striptnut

striptnut

Well youd be building the second version of that truck cause I alreadybuilt the 1st ! Ha Ha.

24. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

There is a really nice crew cab here in Ogden Utah. I saw it last week when I was driving by the train station. It was red/white with a 4x4 frame under it. It looked really nice but I didn't have time to stop and take a look at it. I didn't know they made crew cabs, I thought it was something this guy had built. Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eye out and see if I can get a couple pictures of it if I see it again.

25. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Here is a Crew Cab.....

Attached Files:

26. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! That's a lot of truck. Must take a half acre to turn that baby around.

27. striptnut

striptnut

Being a lover of the 60 to 66 body lines ,at first glance the crew cab looks out of proportion. Then after looking at it for awhile you can see the bitchin lines in it ,and after another short while I started wondering If it was possible to locate one . The shot of the one in black that LoneSpar located says it all.

28. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Imagine one of those bagged to the ground. HUGE...........

29. racer32

racer32

The 2-speed Powerglide was available 60-66. The 59-down Auto-shift Hydramatic was dropped in favor of the PG. The TURBOhydramatic (TH400) was optional in 66. Pretty sure the Powerglide column will work with later 3-speed Turbo 350 and trans, but the pointer on the gear indicator won't match (obviously). I'll let you know for sure if I ever get around to swapping my Powerglide for a TH.

30. racer32

racer32

Sweet-n-Low.

Attached Files: