Register now to get rid of these ads!

unadvertized secrert abilities

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 23crate

23crate
    from nz

ive used WD40 for a quick spray after using my fishing gear in the sea - inbetween cleans ,, spray the whole lot reel line everything ...

funny thing is when i go fishing again there are fish for miles for the 1/2 hour or so .... if i do a clean up on the reel comparitively -no bites...

ive found out its the fish oil in it - as a main constituant awesome saves on bait

oh yeah and household acryllic paint stripper cleans up alloy intake manifolds like shiney new,, and stops any corrosion as well

2. Bronze wool will clean up chrome and not scratch it like steel wool will... get it at the boat store... You'll thank me later.:D

3. Brake fluid works well for that also. :rolleyes:

Cheap Scotch for brake fluid, not recommended for anything other than emergency use. Also works well for sleepless nights but must be taken in large quantities, not recommended for the hair of the dawg.

4. That could come back to bite you in the ass.

5. toolman1967

toolman1967

OK, sounds weird but here goes. When my hands STINK from gas, oil fish guts...etc, After I wash the I wipe my hands all over the metal sink spigot, takes away or hides the smell.

6. 69fury

69fury

Stainless has a property of undoing the electrical bonds er sumthin like that- they sell stainless egg shaped things at the bedbath&beyond type places for people with more dollars than cents......

7. toolman1967

toolman1967

Didnt know why it worked, just made it so I could eat and not want to throw up. Maybe exaggerating a bit, but it does work.

8. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

Easy off oven cleaner will eat away the anodized colors on speed equiptment that was installed during the 80's. You will need rubber gloves and check on it every 5 minutes as you don't want it to attack the aluminum.

9. 53mercury

53mercury

Baking soda does a better job, and isn't sticky. Mike

10. wsdad

wsdad

Fast Orange hand cleaner will get the blackest grease stains out of your jeans, carpet or upholstery.

Clear Monkey Snot (RTV) will mend a torn cloth seat. Just cut a patch of matching material and stick it in place. It will also stop thread-bare material from becoming ripped.

Starter fluid and a cigarette lighter will produce a huge ball of flame that instantly vaporizes the wings off thousands of yellow jackets that have made a nest in your storage building. This works better on metal buildings than wooden ones. They all instantly fall to the ground before they know what hit them except for two - the one you are focusing on and his angry brother. ...or so I've been told.

A thick baking soda paste applied to a yellow jacket sting instantly removes the pain. Mix a few drips of water into about a tablespoon of baking soda. -Good to have on hand if you happen to be walking by your storage building with a can of starter fluid and a lighter.

Vegetable oil and dirt (for pumice) makes a fair hand cleaner. Wash the vegetable oil off with any regular soap.

A big mouth is an excellent substitute for facts.

Any kind of oil wiped over scratches in wood or plastic will nearly hide them - especially in wood. I've used WD40, the oil off my skin, motor oil, peanut butter and mayonnaise. Just rub it in and watch it disappear like magic. This works well if you're working on a carburator at the kitchen table that your wife inherited from her grandmother and you accidentally scratch it - or so I've been told.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  11. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

cheap funiture polish makes an excellent car/motorcycle wax. it even shines the black plastic and wrinkle finish.

12. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

rubber cement , before painting to mask off areas that are too hard to mask with tape.
    old art trick

13. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

You use Astroglide on leather boots??????

14. You're right toolman that sounds wierd. I'll have to try it.

15. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Lateral Fiile Cabinets for large tool storage keep all of my electrical tools in them under the bench.

Solid wood door as a bench top

Garden hose hangers for electrical extension cords and air hoses

16. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Shopping carts for engine storage

17. cederholm

cederholm

toothpaste (not the gel) as a plastic polish

18. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

ATF on bare metal to keep it from rusting

Tooth paste on a pimple makes disappear in a day

19. Golf balls for file handles

[​IMG]

20. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Frosting speaders make good scrapers and are much longer and more plyable than a putty knife.

Turkey Baster to suck the fluid out of what ever resevoir that needs sucking.

I buy those giant nails at the hardware store to align things and as a drift pin and punch.

21. No, it works great, I used it on my Harley, great for getting those boot rubber marks off and leaves it shiney.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  22. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

My right arm (shoulder to wrist) got scalded by steaming hot water at work once. I peeled the shirt off and a little Mexican guy from the bakery section ran over with raw egg whites. The pain stopped instantly! The only thing is you must keep the burn moist with egg whites or water until you get medical treatment because when it dries, it creates a crinkly film that is horribly painful. It did however prevent second degree skin burns on 98% of the arm according to the doctor. The one portion of my forearm still has a small rough patch where the burn was deep.

23. bgaro

bgaro

malox=anti-seaze

24. CobraBall

CobraBall
    from N. Texas

I heard one dentist say, "The only way Lavoris could kill bacteria was to beat them to death with the bottle.":D

25. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

grenades work well for deer hunting.

what? lol

26. When installing window seals that use a lockstrip, use hand cleaner (gojo) in the rubber groove prior to installing the lockstrip as a lube. It stays in place better than silicone spray and rinses off with water when done.

27. Gruizer54

Gruizer54

Borax laundry detergent works wonders for killing fleas in your home. They eat it and they choke to death...or something like that.

Antifreeze in a small bowl outside your house will eventually get rid of all the stupid cats in your neighborhood that poop in your yard.

28. wsdad

wsdad

I've also found that keeping a burn submerged in water takes away the pain instantly. It doesn't have to be ice water. Tap water will do. As soon as you pull it out, it hurts again. It may take several hours, but it will stop hurting eventually.

Keeping my burns submerged has allowed me to finish a couple of car repairs I started so I could drive to work the next day.

29. wsdad

wsdad

If you'd cover your really old stains with really old cars you wouldn't have that problem. :D

30. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Crisco grease in cylinders of a shortblock your going to store will keep cylinders from rusting.