Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Don't you get all nostalgic when your old car surfaces?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyThirty, Mar 9, 2011.

1. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

2. HotRod33

HotRod33

I Ran into Ken who bought my old 48 pickup 3 years ago.... we were at the frog follies this past year... [I think he is santa claus at christmas......] It was great to see the old truck I had it for 18 years. I kinda missed it until I saw it again....then I realized how much fun I had with it...... Now I guess I am going to have to build another one,,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  3. hunter

hunter

dirty-
    my dad is the one who bought your car....drives it almost everyday...even in the snow. he loves it, you did a nice job.

4. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Your father is the one who told me it was in the O.C. cruise pics... I'm glad it's still out there running, couldn't have gone to a nicer fellow. It was my first attempt, and it makes me happy to see that it looks pretty good, without even very much change. I imagine he sorted out the body issues, I had absolutely NO idea how a model A body was supposed to be put together when I brought the body home, and the previous owner it seems did not either. It looks like your dad sorted out most of that.

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Not really. I looked for this after it had been gone for a few years and found it. It had been tubbed with huge M/T tires and the bed was fitted with a hydraulic dump system. He parks it with the bed jacked up in the air:eek: It broke my heart.

6. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Ouch....yeah, I guess it depends a lot on the tastes and decisions of the new owner!;)
    So far, I've been lucky...all of my previous cars have ended up in good hands. Well, at least the ones that I've been able to track, anyway...

7. grey46

grey46

All Ive sold I kinda purposly sold out of state just so I wouldnt run into them. I regret selling them when I get a new one and go oh shit what have I done now.This needs a ton of work and the old one was near perfect at least in my mind. Did sell a very nice SS 64 Nova over the winter that Im sure I will run into this season dont know how I will feel about that.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My old car gets treated very well and gets to live in a comfy garage. It's been his for so long now that it's hardly my old car anymore even though I owned it or 32 years.
    Last spy shot photo I have of it when he drove it to work one day.

[​IMG]
    He didn't do it the way I was going to but it is still treated well.

Sits on a 75 Monte Carlo chassis that I stretched a bit, runs a 455 Olds and turbo 400.