Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Spence Murray: THE R&C DREAM TRUCK CRASH & RESTORATION, PT.1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG] [​IMG]

To All Of My Friends Here At The H.A.M.B...

Here's "THE ROD & CUSTOM DREAM TRUCK SAGA", PT. 1: Okay,you've heard or read about the tragic accident that happened to SPENCE MURRAY'S iconic Rod & Custom Dream Truck. ​

BUT, this will probably be the very first time that you'll ACTUALLY HEAR Spence tell the story of the October 21, 1958, accident that put this strange-but-true Saga into motion ! ​

THE CRASH, THE PARTING OUT, THE SALE OF THE BODY, THE SEARCH TO FIND IT AGAIN: It's an incredible story that you'll want to hear more than once and R&C pioneer SPENCE MURRAY is the man who lived it...so, just click-on here to begin one of the most interesting tales in R&C History: http://d10514412.u46.c5.ixwebhosting.com/gpage35.html

Again, my thanks to all of you for letting me share this piece of our History with you. PART 2, will be coming up next week.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. Pretty cool thanx

3. Toner283

Toner283

Cool stuff. Can't wait to hear part 2

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Toner283, RoadFarmer: Thanks for taking the time to Post !

Spence has always been one of my R&C Heroes and is a great one to spend time with. He has more stories from that time period to share.

Toner283:

In PART 2 of the "R&C DT Saga" in addition to Spence's story, I've ALSO included an Interview that I did with GEORGE BARRIS and you'll hear him add his feelings about the Dream Truck after he saw it when Spence had it trailered back to the Barris Shop after the wreck !

Just being able to HEAR these Legends piece together the History of this unique vehicle is remarkable !

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

5. the other me

the other me

JK,
    Thanks soooo much for posting this. The R&C truck has, is, and always will be at the top of my personal favorites list. Thanks again.

6. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

7. madwagon56

madwagon56

great story thanks for posting it.

8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

the other me, 1badnov, madwagon56:

Appreciate your kind words !

To All: If you ever get a chance to meet Spence don't pass it up ! He's modest about his accomplishments, but without him, and his peers in the Publishing Industry, we might NEVER have had the early documentation of those fantastic Rods, Customs, Dragsters, Gassers, et al, that we consider "Historic" today.

His Oral History documentation of the "R&C Dream Truck", its Origins, the Crash, the Search, and, the Restoration, are remarkable to hear after all of these years !

9. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Thanx for the post!!! Great stuff!

10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

11. ratster

ratster

wow! cool story and site. can't wait for part 2

12. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks ! PART 2 will be up this weekend...Fri./Sat.