Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever sold a car that you regret selling?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spydey, Mar 4, 2011.

1. spydey

spydey

Mine was this 1959 Meteor ( a Canadian ford) country sq. 4 dr wagon.....it was a six cylinder car 3 on the tree....

Faily solid car...w/ the one ugly interior......

I needed to emty out one garage spot....and it had to go....

With winter coming....I just didn't want to park the sucker in a snow bank and watch it get wrecked ....

J.

Attached Files:

2. f100newb

f100newb

2003 Ford Lightning. Miss that truck so MUCH. Not a rod but bad ass anyway.

3. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Probably should have kept this, if only because I could never replicate it without spending stupid money.

Attached Files:

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

...maybe not all of them, but most of them. some cars just need sellin'

5. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

The nice little 55 Wagon. Picked up at a decent price, was a nice solid car.

My now ex..... flipped over it, said either it went or she did.... knowing now what I didn't then I should have called her bluff......

It was a nice really solid stock car, straight six, 3 speed with OD car.

[​IMG]

6. bgaro

bgaro

had that problem years ago selling an early 60's vw. i needed the money to get home. not being really good handling regret i later bought another and really went over board, next thing u know i was going 110mph in a bug. im ok now and have moved on.

7. bill9557

bill9557
    from Texas

oh yeah,, damn, bunch of em,,growing up in central texas, 49 ford club coupe i drove to school, 55 ford 2 door, thought it was a hot rod, lol, 58 ford crown victoria with the chrome across the top, a 27 ford tall t, a red 46 ford coupe, a black 39 ford coupe, a black and orange 33 plymouth coupe hot rod, a white with blue, 62 chev impala ss, had my first in that one,, LOL,, a black 65 ford ltd hardtop, 49 chev 5 window truck, 59 chev 5 window truck, 30 Model A, 69 chev truck, 57 chev wagon, 55 chev two door belair hardtop coupe, sweet thing, damn, getting too old cant remember them all,,, but yes, wish i had some of em now,,,finally got a 33 plymouth back, still have my 29 ford two door that i bought in 1964, and a 37 plymouth 5 window coupe,, still in the garage,, they do bring back memories, you young guys,, hang on to the ones you love, they will be worth more in the years to come, some of em are a good investment for your retirement years, of course, then you will want to keep them,, drive em and keep em parked and garaged if you can,,,

8. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

My 69 Mustang and a 70 340 Swinger just like this one (I have no pics of mine)
    :(
    work1 006.jpg :(

cars 016.jpg :(

9. Everything I've ever owned older than 1970

10. jimvette59

jimvette59

My first HOT ROD that I built. Sold it for less than a repop deuce chassis costs today. There was a lot of hand made parts on it.

Attached Files:

11. dragway classic

dragway classic
    from U.P.

yes indeed,sold my 66 fairlane cause I didn't use it enough.BIG mistake.I live pretty remote and even a cruise to a town with a diner is 50 miles away,doesn't matter now.I would love to fire it up and let the critters know someone lived in the woods with them.Looking for another.

12. OH YEAH!
    Had a sweet '62 Chevy 2 dr Impalla in college. Found it on a hometown used car lot. White outside with red interior. Three speed on the tree and a 327 - very unusual combo. Put a set of old style torque thrust mags on it. That was years ago and it hurts to even think about it now..

13. Never should have sold this one. '66 Ford Custom with 427 med riser, 14:1, 4:88 locker, and a great street racer. :eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7HV8AGypDw
    I could only have one car at the time and winter was coming, so it had to go. Looked for it over the years but it has never surfaced again. :(

Attached Files:

14. scrubba

scrubba

You betha ! I had a needing some work 1969 Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertable . I lent it out to a at one time good customer to transport some art to a show . Appearently, he fell asleep and wrecked the front end . I wound up selling it to a guy who in turn sold it to some dammn Stret - rodder who painted it a wierd Teal color and foo- fooed a perfectly decent 455 with some abortion !scrubba

15. 6deuce32yblock

6deuce32yblock

everyone of the 177 that i have owned !!!!

16. storm king

storm king

You mean like my original, one owner 1964 Dodge Max Wedge, eight years old with 3,200 original miles on it? Or my 1967 Hemi four speed Dana equipped GTX, with about 3,800 miles on it? You mean, like that???

17. Kramer

Kramer

Yep, my '66 Mustang. Really would like to have that car back.

18. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Man that's a hell of a rod to let go. I see you are in Coram, I used to live out near Riverhead.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah..
    my first 68 Charger..
    im on #3 now.
    But that first one was special

20. Lots, want em all back. Got one back thou. See u tube link in profile.

21. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Oh Yeah! "Regrets! I've had a few; But then again, too few to mention; I did what I had to do; and saw it through without exemption.

22. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

I had a yellow '40 deluxe with a nail head Buick in 1968. Sold it when I went in the Army. Lost track of it, and have kicked myself ever since. Until a couple of years ago when I bought another '40 coupe. Last I heard the car was in Reno stored in a garage.

23. nwmud

nwmud
    from Everett WA

oh yea....... 1962 Skylark, 1975 Full custom Chevy Van, won awards for that one. saw it years later made into a piece of crap utility van. Most of the custom ward was removed but the windows I had etched were still in place. I knew it was mine and had the deepest feeling of regret and sorrow.
    Its one thing to sell and wish you had not but to see it years later beat to heck....... really hit home. I also miss my Scout II project, I needed the space but wish I still had it.

24. Invicta

Invicta

1951 Plymouth business coupe.

25. baremetal48

baremetal48

50 merc

Attached Files:

26. spydey

spydey

I think everybody has a story.....I think of the dam '59..like an old girlfriend....what could have been....

--and I never even put the dam thing on the road.....

27. eeluddy

eeluddy

A lot of them I regret, but 2 stand out. 1) '69 Cherger R/T 426 4 speed B5 Blue, white stripe, white int. The original engine was gone and had a lame 440 in it needing work. Car was rusty, and I did'nt have the ambition to get it done. So I sold it to put the money towards a 70 Chevelle convert. Around $1600 cash. 2) '70 Torino Cobra 429 SCJ auto. Orange, black vinyl int. It was crazy fast and could beat a street Hemi hands down. Owned it 3 times. It kept coming back to me, then someone way smarter than me bought it and kept it. He passed on and I think his son has it.

28. hotrod_tommy

hotrod_tommy

The '32 Ford 5-w coupe body and frame I sold to buy my grumpy wife a Datsun to drive...
    How'd THAT work out, dummy?
    (been divorced for 27 years now!) And I still do not have another coupe.

Had to sell my English Austin (1600 Datsun/4-speed street rod) to pay the lawyer. I never have seen THAT car again, either. Disappeared into Nebraska...

Hmmm... First ever car my brother and I got was '31 A sedan, fenderless with hot rod 4-cyl, for $75. Didn't see any point in paying the additional $5 for some extra parts he had. '32 frame with '40 axle, juice brakes.
    yes (ouch!) I really (ouch!) do (ouch) regret that (ouch!) (that's the sound of me STILL hitting self in back of head) we didn't fight for it more... Seems after a month and the title was still "coming from the guy in Montana" so our dad made us bring the car back. We coulda fought for it, but a '53 Ford came up, so we got it, instead.

Of course, the title for the A showed up the next week...