Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 New Old Style Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Dec 12, 2010.

1. steveb

steveb

J.B., thanks for getting this thread going. I'm feeling more inspired than I have in a long time.

Zed! Chill!:)

2. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Is he on the HAMB? I want to get in touch with him. Thanks!

3. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

To much talk ,to little pics :O

4. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

We need to go to the top again!! Best thread ever, more please!!

My 48 Chevy coupe is in progress to become a custom with 1949 as the top year. Not much to show yet, but I will add more as soon as possible...

-Mikael

Attached Files:

5. b-bob

b-bob

I wanted to add a pic of my Merc i did about ten years ago

[​IMG]

6. JAWS

JAWS

More please..:D

7. Mobart

Mobart

What exactly has to be a period correct paintjob to fit in here..?

8. choptvan

choptvan

I love the fact that you are so motivated and odviously love this era. That seems odvious in your typing. I think the guy with the truck, looked at the years you had posted and not the era by which you meant. Just lookin from the outside in.

That said, I am building a 42 hudson soon. ( see thread link below if interested ) And I am wanting to build it traditional. As traditional as I can afford. I do not plan on rushing it and want to take time to locate parts. Now in asking this question, I am curious about what exactly would keep it in this era. Is it the actual year of vehicle as well as parts used? Or would any part before this time allow it to be the same period just as long as it looks like it was built at those years? I wish to be educated is what I am saying. I do not just " get it ". I am hoping this will clear up some foggyness I have on a few of these issues. Just tryin to learn. Hope you understand.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526569&highlight=choptvan

9. [​IMG]
    I had to capture this era under the hood as well.still a couple of minor details to finish like some hose clamps etc. Those were put on so I could just get the thing on the road.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  10. YES!

Beautiful inside and out...

11. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Simply amazing, Jeff!

12. I was gonna ask if we could see pics of your Caddy mill.Very nice!

13. Smokey2

Smokey2

I just finished a 20 min. REPLY! And I Submit IT!!!! And It sez "my Post IS TIMED OUT!!!! So Be it..........I am, Slooooo

Main question? You SAY, 1948 thur 1952 ???? But U Start Out!!!! Showing a bunch of '40 Mercs?
    My Chevy IS 1953 ! one year off! NOT EIGHT YRS "OFF"
    What's tha Thread gonna' Bee ?:p

'Smokin" in tha SMOKIE MTS.
    OR valleys! Don't friggin'
    Matter!
    :cool:

14. This thread is not the year of the car,48-52 is a certain style of a custom.To many people it is the most important era in customs.The 1940 mercs you see are done in this style.

15. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Dear Smokey,

I am very happy NOT to see your 20 minute reply if this was your conclusion of the thread. If you care to read the very first post in this thread all your questions will be answered.

Small tip, read what a thread is about in the first posts, then submit in that very line or feel free to find another thread that is more interesting for your heart and soul.

There are some great cars and nice posts in this thread, so please have a look even if it's not what you thought it would be.

Have a wonderful day!

Best
    J.B.

Will-E2 likes this.
  16. Awesome:D

17. Smokey2

Smokey2

Hey! I'm STILL Wonderin' WHY?? You say, 1948 thur 1952???
    And U start off w/ Pic' of '36 Ferd.........An continue!!! to Ex-Pound (Rave !),
    'Bout......$0 Mercs??????
    I Love '40 Mercs
    I Love 49-50-51 Mercs, But just REALLY CONFUSED? (More than usual !).......
    About what You SAY!........An, What you DO!
    My cars A '53. Does that make IT ?.....Close enough to "the line" fer you to consider HIT?? (Hillbillie Talk, fer U Calif Guys!).......I'm makin' ever Effort TO KEEP MINE, '50's STYLE! That's what i grew upon! If? I ever "growed UP!
    Thanks for Listenin'.......I FEEL BETTER NOW.

:D Smokin' IN THA' Smokies..........:cool::cool:

18. RG49MERC

RG49MERC
    BANNED

I guess you haven't read the first post??Like J.B said read the first post and you will know what's this thread all about..BTW GREAT THREAD J.B

19. Smokey2

Smokey2

Attention: JeffSled, I admire your builds and most definetly "your posts" I think, I misunderstood, "THE ERA", you referred to!
    Sorry!
    I have built both 40 Merc, and '49 Merc.....IN 1948=1952, Also! My "Mystery Merc.......
    Featured in "ROD ACTION", Feb. 1998, 5 pg. Spread......Was built, '50 s STYLE! It took 2nd place at Springfield, KKOA.....as most "like" car that could have been built in '50 s.......My '49, Also............Continue the Good you Do for THE HOBBY!, and Watchfer My '53 Chevy, commin' SOON to a "post" NEAR U.

:cool: Smokin' in tha Smokies....

20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

huh?

21. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

On second though pass whatever your smoking this way would ya. Then I bet I'll understand you better!

22. Hello Smokey,ya when I said the era,I meant the car could of been built during the years of 1948-1952 by a custom shop or by the owner if he had the skills to do it.Glad you understand what the thread is about now.

23. jfrolka

jfrolka

What is era correct when wrapping the wiring? I used black athletic tape, has a cloth look to it....??? I know cloth wire is era but what wraps it

24. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

to the top!! this thread needs to be up there again!

25. Great thread, lets see some correct sleds with correct engines,or just some more great cars. :)

26. fleet-master

fleet-master

man thats cool!! nice job Rik!

27. [​IMG]
    I love this Custom,it just has the overall look that grabs me when I see a Sled.

28. [​IMG]
    What a picture this is and what a car,hands down one of the best 40 mercs ever built.

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

This car was a definate influence on my 47 project...great flow and lines!!

BigO likes this.
  30. How about these........

[​IMG]

I've been running 'em for a few months, but just got a chance to take a decent pic. I found a set of Cadillac medallions for 'em at a swap yesterday....

Bryan

Last edited: May 2, 2011