Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pulled the Box out of my roadster *A-camino vs Roadster?*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod-40, Feb 23, 2011.

?
  1. Convert back to Roadster with a deck lid

159 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. Leave it how it is with the box

50 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. GARY?

GARY?

Make it a step-side roadster.

2. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Isn't it already?;)

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

S can that box

4. GARY?

GARY?

I guess I see the similarities. This one just need th top chopped off :D

Attached Files:

5. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Make it a roadster and keep the box in case you ever change your mind.

6. Please refer back to post #41. All other opinions are null and void.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sounds like me but ......damn I would have sold you back the grille and put a tractor grille on it if it were me. Wish I had scooped that thing up!

8. How about plan C? Remove the rear quarters. Install a RPU back half and a bed....then build the other roadster body.

9. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

So I did A little work on getting this thing put back together. It was -1 degrees F when I went out to work on it. It warmed up to 15 by the time I was done. Non heated shop and most the work was outside :eek:
    Here are some pics to imagine it with no box:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the 18'' chunk I bobbed off.

[​IMG]

Here is the box slid back in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Betty Boop

Betty Boop

I'm torn about which way I think you should go. I like it both ways. If it were mine, I would to an interchangable trunk and rumble seat ;) But it is you're car, so do what you want with it. I like the idea of keeping it that way throughout the summer though at least. It's nice seeing people who have never seen one before. I agree that winter would be the best time for you to fix the back if that's what you choose to do. I'm excited to see what you're decision is :rolleyes:

11. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Stop sliding that box back in it's giving me a headache:rolleyes: You know what needs to be done;)

And thats sell it to me. Then you won't have to worry about it any more

12. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Everything is for sale, come get it;)

13. That seat looks BITCHIN! Now cut down that seat riser :D

14. I think the cold temps are cramping your brain. The box looks like ass. Pull that SOB into a warm heated shop and stop screwing around. You got a wood stove in that shop up there? Burn that sucker. Return it to its former glory. You got the parts right?

15. couverkid

couverkid

Is that seat out of the black roadster at billietproof . You car looks great with or without the box.

16. Come on Steve. You know better. Your just confusing the boy even more. Burn baby burn!!!!

17. Troyz

Troyz

I asked my magic 8 ball if you should get rid of the box, the text appeared & said...definately yes! I agree.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like it both ways, but voted for it to go back as a Roadster. Looks like the quarters fit the subrails real well, will you leave them and just weld on the cut to fit pieces from the barn find rear section?

19. Yes, thats the seat. I saw it at the Puyallup swap meet and I was like "You gotta get that for your roadster"

Dale- the plan is to make it a roadster, but I think he wants to leave it as-is for now while he finishes up his coupe...it's getting close to being on the road. You gotta have one car thats not completly torn apart :D

20. Betty Boop

Betty Boop

I think the seat looks great in the roadster. I hadn't seen it until I got a pic on my phone of it. Looks even better up close. :D I'm excited for the coupe to be running and driving (more than just around the block ;)). I'm sure once it's on the road the roadster project will start. But Corey also needs to get the roadster running well so we can take it on E vs. W in September. Completely stoked about that too. It's gonna be a busy summer :eek:

21. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

The quarters are/were very nice. So the plan is to just cut both at the inner belt line on both, weld them on.

22. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Yeah I have all the parts to put her back. I probably will later on down the road. The reasons not to do it now: It's all ready signed up to enter in Spokane's Auto, Boat, and Speed Show in March. I think a couple weeks away. Second, I have lots of other projects I would rather be working on, which include two other roadsters (a 30 & a 34). Plus this thing has hauled home a lot of early Ford parts already:D

23. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

That reminds me, is there a seat riser in that roadster chunk I got at your house?

24. Yeah, pretty sure the seat riser is still in it

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

What are you going to do with the box? Trailer? Coffee table? Dog house? Gary

26. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I'm going to leave it in for now.

27. GARY?

GARY?

Just what I was hoping to read.

28. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

Is this an eBay roadster from Poverty Flats Kansas? I spotted one very similar (same color, and bed) a while back and wished I had some money to pick it up at the time. Very cool. I would put it back to a roadster personally.

29. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Leave The Box in it.

30. Yep that's Povertyflats old truck and I wanted to buy it when he had it in Wisconsin... again I didn't have the cash for the Acamino!

Here is the debut thread and an appropriate follow up!:cool:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358247

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379336&showall=1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011