Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Imperial Speedster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Inspiring. Awesome.
    "What to do with parts car sedans"

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful car and it really spins my wheels except for the orange wheels Those really detract from the whole package to me. When I opened other peoples threads on the board this weekend with car show photos The wheels hit you in the face like a ton of bricks before you actually looked at the car and that is wrong on any car.

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I can really appreciate the workmanship. A ton of work very well done. But I'm just not feelin it.

4. Yeah I am not sure what it is but something looks out of proportion to my eye. Might be the huge front wheel opening but not sure. Regardless impressive none the less.

5. twochops

twochops

I'm sorry, I really should know better.
    Love this car---TwoChops
    Left click to enlarge

Attached Files:

6. Greezeball

Greezeball

Dude an Oompaloompa is tyin' to steal your car! :eek:

7. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

cars is sweet...hate the wheels

8. Serious wood happening. The only thing I'd change is the title, to me.

9. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

this car should have won the ridler best new car there

10. Murray, Mike and the rest of the crew...absolutelyfuckingfanastic...... Superb execution from concept thru completion.

11. I feel no love for the wheels, sorry. They detract a great deal from the amazing work you have done on this Imp. If they were chrome, or perhaps a set of the stock K-H wires, it would do the car far better justice.

The use of the '63 T-Bird instrument cluster, and the way you did the grille and rear look terrific!!! Overall execution is just plain sweet!

12. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

You guys did a killer job! Great design and execution! I didn't realize it was so small. Great job!

13. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

I am not a color expert. It would seem to me that if the wheels were the same color as the body,then the car would be accepted more from the main streamers. As it is,they are kinda in your face and that is the reason I like them and the car. Without the orange,the car would be boring from a color point of view. But like I said,I am no color expert.
    In my humble opinion,the car is a real example of what can be done by those of us with the talent,knowledge,vision and balls to go into the unknown. This was one of the best if not the best car there at the show. Most everything I saw had a stock appearance with a great paint job. This car exemplifies what a custom car should embody both in terms of metal work and paintwork. An idea taken to the limit. I had met Mike Brim at my shop before when he was picking up some extra parts i had to give away to him. I knew he had to be a fairly decent painter but i had no idea he is this talented. And from the looks of this car,everyone who had a hand in this build are at the top of the class. Great work guys. A true inspiration for the rest of us who would like to be able to do some of the things that you have accomplished. :D

14. Shifter

Shifter

Saw this car in Detroit. Absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. A great car, a fantastic effort from all the guys involved.

One of my favorite cars upstairs this year.

16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I keep going back to look at the pictures trying to get a fresh perspective. I definitely like the orange as an accent and what it does to bring out the other colors. I might quibble with the exact amount of orange showing, but I'm sure you played with that during the build and this suited you best.

17. spot

spot
    from usa

The words escape me. Beautiful and I even like the wheels. I am humbled by the time and talent.

18. Gigantor

Gigantor

How in the hell did I miss this?! WOW. Incredible. Ambitious. Fan-fuggin-tastic execution.
    Thank you for sharing!

19. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i really like both of these.

That pic cracks me up. "Mini-Murray". LMAO. i think he'll get a kick out of it. i'm going to email it to him.

we were never setting out to build a Ridler car. i personaly LOVE the 56 Sunliner that did win the Ridler. some really excellent details and workmanship on that car to be sure. in my opinion the Ridler went to the right car this year. the compliment is appreciated all the same.

the dash and instruments are out of a 60 Imperial (the 59 dash is sorta fugly). Murray did have the gauges modified and refaced. the name of the company that did that escapes me at the moment. perhaps Mur will chime in but i'm certain that all the details and the players involved will be revealed in the Hot Rod Magazine story that will be forthcoming.

Rudy, i know your opinion means a great deal to all involved. we're so happy you liked it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  20. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I appreciate your comments Steve, even though I am older and not so traditional.....stepping out of the box has never been a problem for me. I have seen plenty of pictures and the Honest truth from me is I wouldn't have those wheels on the car, ever. The orange is obnoxious to me and I don't like it.:)

Disclaimer....This is not an insult to the owner or designers nor a slam.

Chrome wheels or painted ones are my preference just not that combo, Once again what magnificent workmanship and vision...I salute you all.

21. twochops

twochops

That pic cracks me up. "Mini-Murray". LMAO. i think he'll get a kick out of it. i'm going to email it to him.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm glad you enjoyed the photoshop. I never
    know how someone is going to respond to
    something that I may have changed. Your
    reply indicates you have a good sense of
    humor.
    BILL

22. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

as does Murray. i think it'll give him a laugh.

23. Martino

Martino

Hey Mike;
    The Imperial is absolutely an automotive piece of art ! Reminds me of the Valletta. Just a different time. The Imperial today is what The Valletta was back in the fifties.

Martino

24. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Thanks Marty. great talkin to you down there. the Valletta is a gem. i hope i can help you out in some way with it. stay in touch.

25. Abomb

Abomb

I really like it.....I think I'd LOVE it, if it were 6 inches longer, in between the back of the door to the front of the rear wheel-well....seems out of proportion there, and remeniscent (sp???) of those chevy "shorties".... Maybe if the distance from the door gap to each wheel opening were the same, that'd do it ????

No offense meant, can't say enough about the workmanship, incredible....