Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Flat Tire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Pretty darn cool!!!!

2. Awesome Ryan, BTW who's the artist on the sound track? Any idea?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

G. Love

4. Thank you sir.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  5. My dad (Keystone Dragon) shot this on 8mm in 1961 (I believe he's still got the camera). It was transferred to VHS in the 80s, to DVD in the 90s, and now I've converted it to digital. The guy with the flat tire still has that bike as far as I know. These guys, now in their 70s, still build cars today. In fact, the '29 Roadster in my avatar is my dad's. It's got a '50 Merc Flathead V-8 motor with all the goodies. He still runs Keystone Dragon club plates on his cars.

6. HUGHES AUTOMOTIVE

HUGHES AUTOMOTIVE

I raced at that track ten years ago. The place was beautiful as a park and the drag strip still went up hill. Thanks for the great memories.

7. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Definately Quaker City Dragway in Salem (Eastern) Ohio. The track is still operating (but struggling financially I believe) track itself hasn't really much expcept for paved pits guardrails tower and of course christmas tree instead of flagman....this is great...downtown shots are definately 'the burg"

8. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

9. Kinda reminds me of the KC super eight video with the Vette in tow and the couple sleeping in the car on the way to the track... Ryan... you know which one I'm talking about...

10. Sorry, that's the way he shot it on 8mm back then. He actually double exposed the same roll of film accidentally. No way to separate it. We've always referred to that one as "The Dream". Sort of like someone is driving and doing family stuff while dreaming of sweet cars.

11. richie rebel

richie rebel

quaker city drag strip was in salem ohio,it was filmed in about 1960 or 61

12. The drag strip is Quaker City in Salem, Ohio. But, I just realized I never identified the bridge for you folks (or "yinz"). It's the 40th Street Bridge in The Lawrenceville area of Pittsburgh, PA. The guy calmly pumping up his flat tire is my dad's friend, Ray. He's still got the bike.

Tim likes this.