Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Imperial Speedster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Feb 19, 2011.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Is this the one with the teaser photo in today's Detroit Free Press?

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

3. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

nah. if it was mine it'd take ten more years to finish. LOL i'm too picky for my own good. ;)
    this is the brainchild of Murray Pfaff and has been carried out by all of the guys mentioned above, myself and many others that have played different roles big and small. this thread is'nt about me but since you asked i've been working on it over a year and a half. been on it pretty steady the past year. the past several months especially i haven't even gone home. i live about 100 miles from Murray and work closer to Murray's house than my own. so i've been camping out in his guest room and spending my off hours in his garage. this whole thing was built in the garage behind Murray's house. save for the paint. Jeff Matauch and myself sprayed most of the car at the PPG training center. i did spray the firewall, frame, engine and some misc parts in Murray's garage.
    it took a monumental amount of work by an entire group of guys to pull this thing off... look for the entire story in Hot Rod Magazine in the near future.

...she's at Cobo now. Autorama starts tomorrow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  4. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

this was less than a week ago!! ...keep in mind everyone involved has a day job. no A-Team workin 24-7.

Attached Files:

5. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

very cool. i dig it.

KING OF FINS!!! LOL check that thing out. neato. :D

6. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

I have been waiting to see this car since it was in HRM. Can't wait to see alot of completed photos that will obviously be coming.

7. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

This is very impressive!

And seeing these shots of it being worked on in a garage instead of some big shop makes it even more so!

[​IMG]

8. robleticia

robleticia

Yeah well that left me speachless! Awesome job, I love it!

9. 73RR

73RR

Hats off to Murray Pfaff for the design/concept...where in hell do some of you guys get your inspiration????
    Kudos to all of the 'worker-bees' for actually making 'it' happen.

That sucker is nice!

10. i am not a Chrystler fan
    but that is a kool car nice work

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

12. Saw it yesterday at Autorama. Great job!!

13. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

14. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

I am really diggin' this build. Can't wait to see more progress!

15. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

cant wait to see it completed NICE!!

16. stovebolt steve

stovebolt steve

Thank you all for the positive comments. I spent the last 3 1/2 years welding on this project and it has been great seeing it at Autorama this weekend. Murray put together a great team of friends and sponsors to support this build. We still have a few minor bugs to work out but I'm sure by the time the salt is of the roads It will be ready to hit Woodward.

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

So where are the final pix? Please! Gary

18. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I was blown away by the car, a REAL treat to see in this weekend. Great idea displaying an original Imperial besided it. Congrats guys on a job well done. It's very inspiring, I want to do some very bad things to another old car!

19. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

The car is incredible in person. I took several shots of the car-now if i could just find the adapter to get the pics off of my camera. ;)
    Mike Brim,saw you,didn't get a chance to say hi.I was walking around with Bob Hiser. Nice job,paint is perfection. as is the whole car. Now,maybe you will have time to get the front clip off of that 50 Olds and get to work on your own car.

20. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

thanks for the compliments. i got some type of error trying to upload pics of the car from the show on my lap top. i'll try again after i get home tonight...

i'm trying to decide which of my own projects to tackle now. it won't be the Olds/Chevy though.

21. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Would someone PLEASE post some nice pics of this thing? It looks amazing from what I can tell.

22. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

The car is just awesome, body work staggering, I can't even believe the skill levels that went into it..........but I have to say it even if no one else will.
    I just don't like the orange wires or the rubber on them, it keeps drawing my eye and not in a good way. It distracts me enough so that it gets in the way of the whole picture.
    So sorry,
    Frankie.

23. stovebolt steve

stovebolt steve

Ya, we have heard that from many people (mostly older streetrodders and dedicated traditionalists). The wheels and tires look much better in person and the size was dictated by the car and the brake calipers. Besides building a custom is about going outside the box. Wait till you see more pics. It took a while for them to grow on me but they really work with other aspects of the car.

24. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I found some photos of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweet!

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wow. It's SO much smaller than I had imagined. Love it all... but I sure wish the wheels were all chrome. Congrats. Gary

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

The car turned out BEAUTIFULLY. I really want to like the orange wheels, but I'm finding it hard to. I still think it is a magnificent work of art, and at the top of the list of "cut-down, shortened-up" cars that are out there. You guys did a great job, thanks for sharing!

(I just had to see!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Jagman

Jagman

Edit:someone beat me to it!

This it? Pics taken by a friend of mine at the show....

[​IMG]

28. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

two words BAD ASS!!!

29. john walker

john walker