Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs March meet at famoso whos coming

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAREOOT, Feb 8, 2011.

1. roughneck424

roughneck424

Let me guess? You're not coming to the March Meet?
    I see you have made 7 posts... all 7 March Meet negative:rolleyes:

2. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

3. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

I read that there was a pre race party at the track on Thursday.
    Anybody know anything about this?
    Shane

4. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

roughneck424, Rich is not going to the March Meet because he runs (I guess I should say RAN) AA/GS. His class as well as many others have been cut from the show. I have known Rich most of my life so believe me when I say that he would not be negative about ANY racing but the group one guys are getting a raw deal (not just him) and he wants people to know what is really going on. A lot of guys are saying"Oh well, I'm still going 'cus it's all we've got" that's fine if you still want to go, I have no problem with that just be aware that what you are going for may be cut someday as well. Like I said I have no animosity towards those of you who are still going to attend the March Meet. I just hope someday the promoters remember what the March Meet is supposed to be about and stop using it as thier personal cash cow rather than it being an event for the drag racing community. I know they have to make a profit and in this day and age that is a hard thing to do but what is happening to this event is just sad. And before anyone tries to call me out and say I don't know what I'm talking about I have been involved in all aspects of running a race track. For those of you that are going I sincerly hope you have a great time and get to see some awsome racing! For those of you that have voiced your support for the racers and familys of Group 1 I have to give you a big THANK YOU!

5. roughneck424

roughneck424

Don't know if there is any "Organized" Party at the track. But there will be plenty of action in the pits and spectator side camp grounds.

6. roughneck424

roughneck424

Thank You for the explanation. Lets hope the Managment will see their mistake and change things for the better. One of their complaints was to many cars and having to go into Monday?
    I think thats a good thing. Start a day or two sooner and bring em all!!
    As big as the crowd is, they should make it All Week - All Classes. Latter part of March. First week of March always dicey on the weather.
    But rain is good. Keeps the dust down. Keeps them lil Valley Fever spores in check;)

7. Strip T's

Strip T's

I took a buddy of mine for the first time last year...he was on the cell phone to his wife telling her how crazy it was at night after the racing stopped......then we heard some yelling....he turned around....then told his wife...."honey...I gotta go...there's a half naked woman on top of a race hauler dancing with flaming balls on the end of a chain"....you really do see it all at the March Meet in the pits....LOL

8. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

9. hillbilly on nitro

hillbilly on nitro
    from USA

You west coast folks are lucky to get all of that nostaliga racing. We do have a small event coming up in April at VMP. Have fun,take some cool pics too!

10. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

March Meet is the ONLY reason I ever drive to Bakersfield. Saturday only.

11. Lucky3

Lucky3

Please stay home !

12. Lucky3

Lucky3

Please stay home !

13. Well, maybe this gives opportunity for another venue to step in & run bodied cars, gasser's, altereds etc. on the same w.e. I know I'd pass on the M Meet if it happens. Too bad as this one & the NHRA reunion in Oct were about the only meets I'd want to attend. Maybe Speed World in AZ could step up?

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Before you guys shit all over Rich Roberts.........
    He's not just some wanna-be spectator, he runs one of the quickest AA/Gas cars out there. I don't like what's going on either & I'll stay out of the politics but I still have racer friends who will be there.....racing & I'll be shooting from the starting line.

[​IMG]

15. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

Please guys dont turn this thread into a pissing match or ragging on someone thread. I just started the thread to see who was coming, to maybe. Meet some new people. Everyone has the right to why they are or not coming. We all have the same interest that is cars. As i said earlier it only comes one time a year so im going to enjoy it, no matter who comes.
    Barefoot

16. Troyz

Troyz

I'll be there with a cold beer for any Hamber!

17. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

now theres a car

18. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

holy shit, thats nice

19. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

If you knew Rich,
    and how many times he's raced at March Meet,
    and if you didnt dwell so much on post counts,
    you would be singin a different tune,
    I say cut Rich some slack.

20. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Rich,
    Its sad to hear about you missing the March Meet,
    hopefull Famoso will get their act together,,
    Will they let you make a tune up pass???:D:D:D :eek:

21. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

BAREOOT, sorry brotha not trying to mess up your thread or start a pissing match, others have decided to do that for us haha! We just wanted folks to know what was going on. Like I said before I hope the guys that plan on going have a good time. As for the whole Valley Fever thing, that was not a scare tactic. Rich wanted to get the word out about that 'cus people were getting sick and thier Doc's had no idea what was going on. Lucky3, we do plan on staying home, we were being civil, stop trying to start a internet pissing match in this guys thread. BAREOOT, hopefully they get this mess sorted out by the Hot Rod Reunion. If they do you can bet we will be there and would love to meet up with other HAMBers!

22. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

your not messing anything up, i agree with you, wish the promoters of march meet could get it right, as for the valley fever thing if we knew what all was in the air in calif we would all move or live in a bubble. Ive been doing this car stuff since i was 15 im 63 now, i know your never going to make all car guys happy with any type of show, in all the years of doing this ive learned bad mouthing shows no class, and meeting new car people is kool, so the deal is we cant change how the promoters do it, so there shows they do we have the right to take them or leave them and what each person decides to do thats his bussiness. Thanks for the kool reply hope to meet you at the hot rod reunion.
    Barefoot

23. The March Meet has become too large for my club (Vipers) to set up in the pits, as we have for many,many years. A bunch of us are coming for a day. Being an Olds guy, I'll try to find you and say hi, Bareoot. I have a '49 98 Holiday.

The Valley Fever deal is no joke. I have very good pals who are sick as hell from it. If the wind comes up, wear a bandana or dust mask. The spoors are really bad for you. Take care.

24. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

phil are driving your olds up

25. I'll be there Thurs thru Sunday,crewing on a rear engine Top Fuel car.

I also posted this in a separate thread & thought it should be in this one so I copied it here.
    I see that Brandy posted it back in 2005 & my version is no different outside of the special guest.
    Its open to anyone who wants to attend.
    Thanks,
    Troy Cagle
    end

FAMOSO DRAG STRIP & SMOKERS INC. REUNION

Special Guest Gary Scelzi-and Gary Guinn as MC

Friday March 18th 2011
    DRUIDS LODGE
    501 Sumner St
    Bakersfield Calif
    No Host Cocktails-Doors Open 6:00 PM
    Deep Pit BBQ / Complimentory Wine
    Dan Lee-Chef----$15.00 Per Person
    For Advance Reservations send check to--

Famoso Drag Reunion
    C/O Kenny Loewen(original Flag Starter)
    920 Coconut Way
    Bakersfield Calif--93301
    Or call Kenny at 661-325-1331
    end
    This should be a good one as Scelzi is a pretty good historian of our sport.Ron Capps, Del Worsham,and Jack Beckman *should* be there,& they too are great historians & respect the guys that were there in the beginning of this whole mess.
    Hope to see some of you folks there!
    Troy

26. nachodog

nachodog
    from socal

Been to the last several chrr, this will be my first march meet. My 10 and 5 year old girls love going to the races.

27. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

may be there in the Shoe.

28. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

hope you can maket it down

29. Nope. Probably we'll be in my son in law's Falcon Wagon. No windows in the Olds and snow on the Grapevine keep me from driving my car.

See ya there...

30. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

if were lucky they moved it up so hoping for great weather.
    See you there