Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration new M/T valve covers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Feb 24, 2011.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

The only ones I like, the rest are bellybuttons........................

Attached Files:

2. indyjps

indyjps

Thats funny, I just read a Craigslist as today selling a pair or Gold Anodized Moroso's - the guy goes on and on about how they were the top of the line in the day and how rare they are never to be made again $100 sbc.

3. I'd say they look just fine on my Anglia motor, it's had them since the late 60's
    [​IMG]

4. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I just got some nos sbf's in the 1965 box

5. Muttley

Muttley

I like them and have a set on my Comet, they are perfect for the late '60's look. I'm not sure there will be a huge demand for the re-pops though, there are just too many originals out there still.

6. I have a pair of M/T 's on one of my engine stand motors and a set of gold Moroso's in the loft in the garage might use them on the wife's 77 Chevy shortbed when I get that into the shop and start the renewing process

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Any of you guys ever see a set that's been bolted to the table of a Bridgeport mill and had the ugly milled off? Can you spell BILLET? Out of the frying pan and into the fire:rolleyes::eek::D

Frank

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

I dont like them on most V8's

But I like the one I have on this.

10F 026.jpg

9. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

had trouble with a few sets of the originals leakign like a seive.....had to go out the way to find the thick gaskets to get em to stop.....not worth to effort, and the won`t be again, especially since, where are they made?

10. squirrel

squirrel

some of the originals (70s?) say japan on the inside, don't they?

M/T covers look good hanging on the wall....I think that's where most of them are right now

11. God, lets hope not!

12. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

ive got a set that ive had on my truck for 20 years and i love'em.......mostly cuz im cheap (10 bucks at a garage sale) and i already have them

13. t-rod

t-rod

I polished up the pair that was on my '67 elky high school ride (20+ years ago, and they were old then) to put on my roadster. There's another pair hanging on the wall at my brother's place and I've got a pair of Dodge LA covers to clean up for Dad's 55 Lancer. Point is, they're everywhere. And, I like them.

14. t-rod

t-rod

M/T covers look good hanging on the wall....I think that's where most of them are right now

Ha ha, you typed this just as I typed about the ones at my brothers place!

15. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Bought a set of small block Ford M/T's recently off of craig's list for 30 bucks. Don't know if and when I will use them but I'm old enough to remember when it was the cool thing to have. I suspect the new ones are chinese.

16. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Id love to find a mint set of gold moroso's For a small block Ford.....JOHN

17. chevellelovermichael

chevellelovermichael
    from nampa,id

love the m/t's. they don't often leak, that's why i swear by them. would not buy new one's though.

Attached Files:

18. squirrel , sorry when i first read your post i thought you were complaining like seeing a pair of M/T's was a bad thing

all i can say is if you guys who have them for sale in other parts of the country for 10-30 you should bring them to an ohio swap meet you wont go home with them

i know this post is mainly concerning SBC's but if anyone has a some for 10-30 to fit an F/E or a olds or a cleveland pm me

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I had a pair for my Chrysler Hemi. My bud John Lyons milled the MT off, and grooved the surface, then alum-epoxied fins on there. It looked like a giant flathead!
    Everybodsy but one friend loved it. Tom hated it. He was a pal of Mickey Thompson's.
    (this was in 1982)

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Squirrel, I'm going to assume you saw this on Facebook?

If you follow DF's posts for the past day or two, it seems like a bit of a set-up.
    An old set of M/T covers were prepped for use on an engine he was building. On dyno day (today) there's a "massive" oil leak, then these NEW M/T covers appear and the dyno thrash is on.

Seems to me like a way for Holley to market the new M/T covers vs. the old (and probably less expensive) valve covers that may or may not have a reputation for leaking.

Another way an advertiser has crept into a tech article in HRM??
    Just my thoughts.... right or wrong. :)

Malcolm

21. I like the M/T's for a 60's drag car persona and have a pair ready to go for the henry j, I also have a pair on the 41 truck. I like them, oh yeah the henry j will also sport a tunnel ram !

22. squirrel

squirrel

What???? That would NEVER happen!!!!

23. Wow..I had no idea anyone like them. Back in '83 I built a 389 for my 56 pontiac and couldn't find a nice pair of valve covers to save my ass. I grudgingly paid 10 bux for a polished pair of M/Ts and ground the M/T letters off and placed a pair of 421 tags in the resulting flat spot...looked pretty good!

24. ha ha...this engine isn't traditional for this site but it's the one in my 41, I even took off the black crinkle and sanded/polished by hand I like them so much ha ha

[​IMG]

25. Is that a Pinto? Did they make that valve cover for it or did you modify something. I like it!

26. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yep...

Its M/T cover for a Pinto 2.0

I bought it off a buddy of mine so I could use a 2 litre Pinto in a Scottish built racecar I own.

10E 008.jpg

10D 029.jpg

10E 532.jpg

I think its pretty rare, it was the first one I ever saw...

Then a little while later I decided to build an other project
    ( very, very Off Topic for the HAMB, but I might do a Thread on it on the Dogfight Forum once its done ),
    and I found an other 2 litre engine that had one of these M/T covers on it.

So I bought that one too...:D

10E 484.jpg

And I found a cast aluminum cambelt cover to go with it, as well...

!CFDobLQB2k~$(KGrHqYOKkQE0ZCMWsf5BNT4Q86bF!~~_12.jpg

!CFDobmwCGk~$(KGrHqIOKiQEz7ZC9ZTMBNT4Q+q5J!~~_12.jpg

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kinda modern for this place true but for those guys building a mid sixties or early 70's ride who want it like they wanted one back in the day and couldn't afford it then they may be the hot lick. Remember all of those cars that we claim we don't look at or like at car shows because they are "too new" but still seem to have a huge following.

They might not be for most of us but there are a bunch of supercar guys out there reading the same add and going "all right don't have to hunt for an old set now".

28. That's very cool. I had a couple of the Spearco valve covers and belt covers back in the 60's. Got them direct from George Spears who also did the turbo on my 2.6 litre Capri in 74. Never did run the belt covers, always liked the look better without a cover.

29. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yeah, the Cambelt cover is kinda gingerbread...

But I like it because in that vehicle the upper belt pully is right there if you lean into the back of the car.

I'll leave it open on the Racecar.

BTW, M/T made a cambelt cover for the 2.0 Pinto as well.

But I think those are as rare as rockinghorse shit.

I've only ever seen a pic of one...

30. metalshapes

metalshapes

That reminds me...

I have a set for a SBC as well. :)

Bought them at a swapmeet.

I looked at them and told the seller " Damn, those are ugly"

He said, "Yeah, I know... Thats why I'm selling them "

We both thought that was pretty funny...

So I payed the rediculously low price, and said " thats OK, I just need something to hold the oil in "