Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Show your Suburbans.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sullys garage, Feb 11, 2011.

1. [​IMG] The HouseOspeed Shop truck. Loved some some, hated by others. Let the debate continue. More shots at 1965classiccar.com for those who are interested.

2. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Love to have me a 2 door burb. Had a 3 door 69. Let it go due to rust issues. Got my ears open for another.

D

3. Here's my '48. Undergoing major revisions right now but it will be ready this summer to cruise again.

Attached Files:

4. cwayne

cwayne

Good for you!!!

5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

6. sololobo

sololobo

Here are my pair of 56 Plymouth Suburbans--yellow/white sold and the blue "Plaza sweet" is begging for some attention from me. Its like in that, yeah I am going to fix it up state, pathetic! I will take five bucks in lottery tickets please. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  7. phat rat

phat rat

I've had a 63 Burb, 65 and 66 pu all three had the trailing arm suspension from the factory.

8. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled
    from Hanover PA

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOVE that truck.

10. Thanks, bro.

11. I've got another 1948 burb w/barn doors that needs a new home.Non-restored and much better than what I started with.everything but the back fenders.

12. outcast13

outcast13

Mine I picked up a couple years ago. Rougher than I thought once I got it home. Has crazy cool patina tho ....

Attached Files:

13. Mine is a '99 so it doesn't count... I know where there is a '48-'54, I need to make contact with the guy, see what his plans are for it. It was setting out in open space, off the highway, for all to see. Now it's in the same spot but has other stuff hiding it from direct view. Seems to be a complete with all the glass.

Great trucks on this thread, thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming.

14. Outcast, that looks like the one I mentioned, but for the color...

15. outcast13

outcast13

From Nebraska ?!?!? Damn good eye-site !!!!! LOL !! Mine was once a Motorola repair van, then, believe it or not, became " Bob's TV repair" Block letters from both still on it and faded !! Dash has pen marks all over it, like someone never had a notepad in his pocket. Its cool but needs restored.

16. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

That headliner must have been real fun to make! Nice Burb!

17. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Here is the link to my 1951...http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=974

The pics are when I sill had it on the road. I have been working for months now on building it into a mild Kustom. Shaved and peaked hood, 59 chevy car dash, 53 buick headlights, hand made tail light panel, 49 plymouth bumpers and more...

18. cwayne

cwayne

Thanks rockabilly..... I wasn't there when the interior guy put it up but he said he got his wife to help him hold it up while he glued it in place..It did come out nice... Thanks.

19. Ole Blue is way cool as is.But like they say,Never done.Stay Low and Slow.Safer that way!

20. Not really HAMB friendly but this was my 69 350 HD with 4 speed - The only 3 door in the UK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Thanks Sully. This will be the family cruiser. I plan on building a hot rod coupe to pull behind it when I want to go fast!

22. Where are all the cool Burbs from the west coast?

23. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Here is one west coaster I brought back from the dead!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

This is one I have seen @ Hershey swap meet. I think it's the coolest I have ever seen!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

This one slipped through my hands a few years ago :(
    [​IMG]

26. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

One more I brought back from the dead. Before & after. It was heading for the junkyard when I got it. It actually had a decent running motor & very rust free.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Way Cool Tail lights.........

28. I'd like to have one of those old black CA tags.I've got a blue one I put on a car events for fun.

29. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

Here's mine!

Attached Files:

30. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

glad to see some GMC's use to own a '40 GMC, you can find chev's but try to find a GMC. i'll post some pics later , gotta scan'em. RD