Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Surfer Style Wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shawn F., Nov 26, 2008.

1. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Give me a wagon over a regular car anyday.

2. rustnpz

rustnpz

Here are a few of mine with different wheels and now it just sits so I can move on to new projects. The last one is a local custom vw bug

Attached Files:

3. crowen57

crowen57

Here's a close up under the hood of the "Surf Up Shop" wagon:
    [​IMG]
    I realize it's not HAMB friendly, but he did hide a "Hemi" under there!

4. Wanted to give this thread a warm (a little warmer) weather boost.

As a surfer I can say, if you're not driving to GO surf, you don't drive around with a surfboard on your roof. That's what fags do. If you surf you'd never leave your board to get stolen from your car.

I never put a rack on my Chevy wagon, I always stowe my board inside. Less chance of theft. I've lost boards from roof racks, especially when I've forgotten to tie them down!

The other thing real surfers don't do is load their car up with a bunch of "surf" stickers...maybe your favorite surf shop, possibly the brand of board you ride but only ho-dads have to push their surfiness on other people with a crap load of stickers. Go buy a surf shop shirt and wear it...I might have printed it...

Like someone else said, if you don't surf, put skis or something on your roof if you must, otherwise you are a poseur. Sort of like putting a parachute or wheely bars on your street car.

5. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

I know I really appreciate the style tips, especially when presented in such an articulate and compelling fashion. Domo arigato, sensei. ;)

BTW, I had a street car with wheelie bars. When YOU build a car that appears in a national rag, it will add to your credibiltiy as a critic.

7. x-shift

x-shift

This was just "unveiled" at the Milwaukee World of Wheels show...
    tikirod.jpg

8. "BTW, I had a street car with wheelie bars. When YOU build a car that appears in a national rag, it will add to your credibiltiy as a critic."

How to respond to such a shot? Welllll, we didn't run a wheelie bar on any of the 3 Top Fuel cars I worked on and all three of them got in magazines, covers even. The latest one even features my graphic/paint and logo designs...and won the NHRA Heritage Series Top Fuel Championship in 2008...as well as NHRR Top Fuel Champ 6 of the last 8 years.

So yeah, about some stuff I know. Graphic design I know and surf i know. Building a flathead, I don't know....putting wheelie bars on something that doesn't do wheelies...I don't know about that either.

I think my low blood sugar, late afternoon rant, boiled down to...guys building surf wagons shouldn't try so hard to be cool...none of the folks we all consider "cool", try to be "cool". If you want to build a surf wagon, look at old surf photos. If you want a salt flats look, look at old salt flats photos.

Shit now I'm over-caffenated and rambling.

Do what you want, I'll do what I want. Sorry if I was preaching, the question was about surf, one of the two things I know about.

www.highspeedmotorsports.com

9. Chris 50

Chris 50

That's why when I got this...

[​IMG]

And yes, it's a land locked wagon that used to tote around a surfboard.
    To this...
    [​IMG]

I literally could not see out the back windows there were so many stickers.

10. I like that a lot.

Does it have a wood grained dash, I always thought that was a cool touch...and on a stock automobile. I suppose todays vinyl is supposed to serve the same purpose, but not nearly as cool as paint.

Wagons rule!

11. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

12. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

13. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

14. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

15. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

I appreciate Surfrider's views, tips, and where he's coming from, but to be honest, I want my car to look like I want it to....a fake, Johnny Lightning surf wagon, with racks, boards and stickers. ;)

I reeeeally don't give a damn if someone thinks I'm a 'poser' or a 'fag'...if I went through life worrying about what people thought (or perceived), I'd be nuckin' futs by now...as long as I'm happy with what I've got, I don't give a shit what somebody else thinks. :D

Rob

16. Remember the song surfer JOE. I think it was by the Safaries. What was the five pound load? I have not heard the song for years. We use to play it for hours.

17. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

Listen again. I think it was a 'hundred pound load.
    And I'm thinking she was cute. :D

18. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]Down in Doheny where the surfers all go[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There's a big bleach blondie, named Surfer Joe[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He's got a green surfboard and a Woody to match[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And when he's ridin' the freeway's, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Man, is he hard to catch[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Chorus:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Surfer Joe[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now, look at him go-o-o-o-o-o[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Surfer, Surfer, Surfer Joe-o-o[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Go man go-o-o[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Oh-oh, oh, oh, oh, Surfer Joe[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I saw him one day flyin' down the road[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]With twenty-six surfboards[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And a hundred pound load[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I knew where he was headin'[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Tryin' to reach the playground [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Of the surfer's, Doheny Beach[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Repeat Chorus[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He went down to Huntington Beach one week[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]For the annual surfer's convention meet[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hangin' five and walkin' the nose[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And when the meet was over[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The trophy was Joe's[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Okay let's go![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Instrumental-[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Surfer Joe joined Uncle Sam's Marines today[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They stationed him at Pendleton, not far away[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They cut off his big blonde locks, I'm told[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And when he went on maneuvers, Joe caught cold[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now, no, that didn't stop him[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Or keep him away[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]When the surf was up[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He still had his day[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They caught him at the trestle[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Down by the sea[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And now, poor Joe is doin' KP.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Great song![/FONT][FONT=&quot] :)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Rob[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  19. Chris 50

Chris 50

No woodgraining. I was thinking about adding a wooden pushboard to the front bumper though. Any of your top fuelers need a push start so I can say that I've actually push started a race car and kill that poser title? :D I suppose somebody I know will need their car pushed for some reason or another eventually, so that alone would cause it to get more use than a surf board.

20. Thanks for all the work. What is the 100 pound load?

21. Thanks for the reply. I thought it might have been mj. Hope not.

Thanks again

22. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

my old 58 chevy 2dr wagon and some woodies i have built

Attached Files:

23. nice rides

24. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

digging unkledaddy first two pictures above.

25. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Well spend more time at the track than the beach...but love the look if its not over done

Attached Files:

26. WW1965, I dig your wagon, not overdone, just classy.

Always loved to see Phil Bonner's 65 Falcon AWB, powerful Falcons are cool.

27. Jay71

Jay71

A little harsh, but I'd have to agree. Im a life long surfer and I always chuckle a bit when I see pics of land locked wagons with surboards strapped to them and stickers all over them. Props(although some have some pretty nice vintage boards up there). My wagon regularly has boards bouncing around in the back of it, in fact I think theres a stinky wetsuit laying back there right now. No stickers either. I guess if I lived inland and owned a wagon I'd probably have an old board hanging out the back too though. Keeping the surf stoke alive. Really this post is just an excuse to post a pic of my real surf wagon.:D
    I dont know how to enlarge the pic. Sorry

Attached Files:

28. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Back in the 50s-60s we bought the cheapest we could find because we had no jobs.
    When it wouldn't run any more we pushed it off a cliff.
    Some of them were pretty nice too.
    Don't hate me, I didn't know better.

29. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

My assumption has always been that it was referring to the surf boards Surfer Joe was carrying. The average board weighed roughly 40 lbs.

30. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Rollie...based on that math, if Joe is carrying 26 boards, that makes his load 1,040 pounds...:p
    Rob