Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newb from Smiths Grove, Ky...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by joshuatest, Feb 20, 2011.

1. joshuatest

joshuatest

Guess its about time to register myself on here. I've frequently dropped by to read up on some great threads with tons of useful info in the past, just never registered.

My names Josh, and I live in Smiths Grove, Ky... Went to dinner with a buddy tonight and met a friend of his family who's frequent on here... Prior owner of the "rotten apple"... Anyway, if things go bad, everyone knows who to blame for bringing me around lol.

I'm on my motorcycle, and off road related forums fairly often, but last summer started a truck build, that yesterday turned into TWO truck builds, and I'm hoping to gain some great knowledge and idea's here on H.A.M.B.

Last summer I brought home a 1959 Chevy Apache 3200 Stepside, that was complete with a 283 and a 4-speed manual... It had sat for 10+ years, but was actually very complete and really hasn't been to much work so far... It doesn't have any brakes, or gas lines, but with very little effort the old 283 sprung back to life and fired up for us. After lots of debating over short bed or long bed, I was really leaving at shortening it, and thats when all the work seemed to double.

I found a parts truck last week... 1957 Chevy Apache 3100 Stepside. No motor or trans, but had a wonderful condition short bed on it. I bought it so cheap, I feel like I still owe the guy money lol. After getting the piles of trash out of the thing, and getting it home, I realized that every bit of the chrome was laying on the seat covered up by a truck cover, and the dash was in GREAT shape.... The truck is fairly solid... He said he bought it that way, but its had a front end swap done to it, and to be honest, I'm not sure what it is, and he wasn't either... I'll post some pics of the front end to see if anyone recognizes the control arms or frame set up. Anyway... After seeing all the goodies and gathering up what was there, I didn't have the heart to rob any parts from it... And since i debated short bed or long bed... And because this one has a good title...

Why not build both lol...

Well thats my story, and how i came about registering here...

later...

Josh

2. Rodshop57

Rodshop57
    from Berry Ky

Welcome from Northern Ky.

3. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Welcome from Murray ,KY.

4. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from Tennessee, still have the owners manual for my 59!

5. pdc

pdc

Hello from Coxs Creek KY.

6. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

7. joshuatest

joshuatest

Nice! A year or so back I found a Sinclair oil and lube manual that covered a wide variety of Chevy car's and trucks that would have included both my 57 and 59...

Ever leave a flea market and wonder why the hell you didn't buy something? I'm still wondering why i don't own that manual...

but a 59 owners manual has got to be rare.

8. Welcome to the h.a.m.b. From maryland

9. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

10. Welcome from CT.

11. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Welcome to the HAMB from TN

12. Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi