Register now to get rid of these ads!

decisions decisions...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimV57, Feb 20, 2011.

1. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

OK...I have my color scheme but I'd like some opinions.

I can't decide what color to paint the motor or the frame. Here are the colors I will be using.

Rootbeer
    [​IMG]

Orange
    [​IMG]

Gold
    [​IMG]

The way the body will be painted: Orange flames in the front, tipped in gold. Then the rest of the truck will be rootbeer.

2. striper

striper

My opinion is that you should tell us what you are painting. Maybe even show us some pics

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Yeah---that would help. Like the rootbeer.

4. papaford60

papaford60
    from illinois

rootbeer is cool. what would you paint?

5. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Follow the same theme thru the frame and engine compartment...
    Frame and suspension orange, engine gold, and valve covers, breather, and acessories root-beer.

Of course that could change depending on exactly what kind of car we're talking about... That combo would look good on a shoebox or fin car. Not so much so on a deuce coupe.

6. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

While I really like the root beer, I think real beer is even better!

7. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

That's what the gold is for... Weren't you paying attention? :D

8. i'm assuming this is for your '61. i would paint the engine orange, inner fenders rootbeer, i don't think i would use any gold under the hood. just my opinion

9. Sit back drink a six pack and then decide.

10. big bad john

big bad john

.....Rootbeer is really cool.....go with the gold or orange for the motor,then rootbeer for inter fenders and firewall.....post some pictures of the car paint is gonig on....

11. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

The truck I'm painting is a 1961 F-100. Here is some pics...it doesn't look like much at the moment. I don't have a lot of pics yet, but there will be more coming.

This pic was taken after I installed the IFS. Its about 7" lower than the leaf spring setup was. This one shows the gas tank inlet filled in.

[​IMG]

Here's one of the chassis with the cragars

[​IMG]

Here's one of the cab. I filled in the seam along the top of the cab. It made it look so much smoother and cleaner. This one was taken before I filled in teh gas tank inlet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  12. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

get rid of the cragers first

13. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

The flames will cover a good part of the hood, then continue down the side panel and possibly a little bit onto the cab.

14. is it getting the chevy bed?

15. newpy383

newpy383

I would go with the orange under the hood. Maybe use the other colors add some accents or pinstripes.

16. Paint the motor orange! Paint everything else black. oh ya! Chop the top.

17. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

You don't want my $.02
    I don't know jack bout kolor . (rootbeer)

18. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

Unfortunately, yes on the bed. But the only way you'll know its a chevy bed is by the top rail bend. It will be customized. I can't find a decent bed for any reasonable price to save my life...at least around here. Anyone that has a truck of that era thinks its worth 5 grand and its rusted beyond recognition...lol

I could get brand new metal and make one, but you're talking about nearly 2 grand for the metal and wood, etc.

19. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

Thanks guys, for all your input. You gave me some good ideas. I was having a devil of a time deciding...especially with the frame and motor colors. Much appreciated!

20. I've a bobber that I painted the frame GM Gunmetal Grey. The tins are going to be painted copper and black. The grey is a great colour, it sits really well with chrome, stainless steel and black. It would suit your body colour choice combination no matter which way you go.