Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Grant Carbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Larry T, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I talked to a couple of the guys at JEGS here in Ohio, they all mentioned there was trash in the floatbowls? when the carbs were new out of the box.

2. Deuces

Deuces

I kinda wonder why the guys that did the final assembly on these carbs never caught it...

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

There is not a new carb on the market that I don't take apart and clean before I put it on. And check the floats as well. At this point I've found crap it most all of the brands.

4. Truckedup

Truckedup

The out of production AFB was reintroduced by Edelbrock.Barry Grant made another Holley carb while Holley is still in business.
    I bought a new BG carb a few years ago,correct for my application.I generally buy used Holleys or AFB's and rebuild them with great results. This BG Demon carb was a nighmare despite two trips back to BG for repair.

5. I installed a BG Road Demon jr on a 292 that I just sold, all my engines I run-in and tune for my customers, this one ran too rich so I changed jets to step it down a bit. Still ran rich, after messing with it a while I found that the PV gasket was not only the wrong type but very misaligned, sucked plenty of gas by that one. With a gasket replacement and the original jets the carb runs great now. Kinda makes me think this was one of the last off the line and they were running out of parts making do with whatever they could find. I still like the carbs. and as said before you rarely get one from any company that works perfect right out of the box.

6. CruiserUser

CruiserUser

Never had a problem with the BGs on my father's OT cars. I'm sad to hear another business went down, hopefully he can rebound at least enough to get his home back.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Rumour was it was deliberate, apparently there were some disgruntled employees, or that was the rumour anyway. Dont have a horse in this race, just passing along what I heard, so you can take it FWIW.

8. Weasel

Weasel

Waaay too much drama from the naysayers - sad to see this happen no matter what the reason and I understand they lost their home too. If that's the case, maybe you naysayers should think about how you would feel if that happened to you before you shoot your mouth off....

9. Deuces

Deuces

Thanks Weasel!!