Register now to get rid of these ads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chicken Metals, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Chicken Metals

Chicken Metals

Hi all
    New member here. A little about me. Been working sheetmetal for 15 yrs. Work at a local trade school as an instructor. I have a 66 Plymouth Sat with a 318 in her. All original right down to the paint (no rust). Also have a 56 Fargo half ton with a inline 6 cyl. All original too. (on rust)
    My next venture is to build a rod. I have the body, engine, drive train. But I am trying to figure out how to build the frame. Not sure where to start. Or how to start. I can picture it in my head, but have a hard time on how to lay out. If there is some one who could steer me in the right direction on how to start. That would help out lots. Even a site to visit could help.
    Looking forward to reading all the great threads that come in.
    Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. metal man

metal man

What we'll tell you is forget R%* rods and build a nice truck out of the Fargo .R%* rods have no place here.The Fargo is good material to build something really neat and worthwile.Matter of fact,if you read the rules,they say that any r%* rod posts will be deleted.
    I hope you stay with us and make something nice out of that truck....welcome.

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

welcome to the Hamb, I' start off by NOT mentioning your building a r..r.d. you'll find life alot easier ,and find a wealth of knowledge and help in this site .friendly advice

4. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

Sorry for double post comp went wonky for a sec.

5. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

Another FNG using the "R" word, get your popcorn ready guys and gals!:D

Oh, and welcome to the HAMB. ;)

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

isnt this lovely...

sort of like the pot calling the kettle black, wouldnt you say?

8. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

rust never sleeps - r@t rod?

9. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

I don't remember introducing my self and telling everyone I was going to build a rat rod,:confused: I think it was more along the lines of I had a T body and a period correct 235 I was going to use to make a traditional hot rod. I AM working on an OT truck that I'm build with what I have on hand, haven't touched the T because I can't afford anything for it right now.

But if you want some progress I suppose you could make a donation. :D

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

no, its because you've been here now, what... about a month and a half longer than him, thus the pot/kettle remark

11. Chicken Metals

Chicken Metals

Wow............ I guess the new guy has so much to learn. Thanks all for setting me straight. Did not mean to go against the rules. My deepest appology to all who have layed eyes on my thread.

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Killbillet.com is the site for you.
    All the beer keg gas tank tech and tractor grills you could ever want.

13. farmer12

farmer12

I see you've edited your initial post...Welcome from the Netherlands! Enjoy the Hamb, even though you've been given a rough time so far....there's a wealth of information here and a great place to be!

14. I suggest a good place to start would be go back to the main page and scroll down to the TECH archive. There's a bunch of great builds there to read up on. Also, use the search function. Put what you're looking for in quotes (i.e. "frame build") for better results. Welcome to the HAMB.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  15. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

thumbs up chicken metal, now show us whatcha got

16. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

17. metal man

metal man

Now you're getting it.That same body and drivetrain can be used to build a nice car! We want pictures,show us what you're working with.