Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SF Bay area truck gathering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stude_trucks, Feb 17, 2011.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Anybody have any interest in participating in a casual gathering of vintage trucks; stock, hot rod, customs? Up to early 60's trucks only, big or small, but probably mostly pickups. Any level of project or finish.

I'm thinking it might be nice to organize something in the next few months, at least before summer comes and goes anyway. Maybe just something super casual like calling for a cool location, minimal organization and seeing what happens. Bring our own food or figure out near some place that has some decent food.

How many people might be into that? Depending on interest levels, we could maybe zero in on an optimal part of the bay and then narrow down a location and go for it on a certain date.

2. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

hmmm , posable.................

3. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sounds good. Honestly, I think if only a hand full or 2 can make it, I'd be into organizing it. A buddy of mine with a '57
    Chevy could probably make it as well.

edit: probably can get LazyV8 in on it too with his sweet Ford and his buddy Nitro-Flattie1. And likely a couple of local Studebaker guys. Maybe Rolf too with his nice '35 Ford that he just had at the Sac. Autorama show.

What about the guy that Alex Gambino did that killer truck for last year or 2? Is he still around the bay area or did he move?

How about any of the early risers?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

6. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

dig this up out of the depths for the evening crowd.

7. tommy v

tommy v

i would go if i got my 41 going by then

8. lazyv8

lazyv8

anything for you mike!! u tell me and ill be there..i could probobly get 3 0r 4 pickups

9. Oppy

Oppy

I mite be in to, I have never had my truck that far from home.

10. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Oppy, that's a nice looking truck. Yeah, that would be a little bit of a haul, but if you take it easy and just take your time, could make a nice day out of it. I drove my old 3/4 ton beater all the way down to Paso and back one year and that was when the OD wasn't working. It still miraculously made it without any problems and was a great trip. If you can make it, would be definitely welcome.

Brandon, I knew I could count you in and feel free to spread the word and invites.

Sounds like we are getting enough to make it worth the while. I'm going to go ahead and see if I can plan something out, find some options for good places and times. If anybody wants to suggest a place/time, I'm open to anything at this point.

Only limitation for me is that my truck runs on propane and the propane places aren't open on weekends, so I have somewhat of a limit on how far I can drive. But, I've been down to San Jose and back and still had plenty spare. I can likely make it as far as Napa/Sonoma and back or maybe even Sac./foothills as well. I have some spare emerg. assist tanks I can carry as well.

11. T tyme

T tyme

Sat May 7

All American Truck Show[​IMG]

New Location
    Sequoia High School Campus, Redwood City Ca
    El Camino and Broadway

12. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

http://www.letstalkevents.com/pdf files/web flyers/All American Truck Show.pdf

Hmm, didn't know about that, interesting. Thanks for posting that.

I might even check it out. But, I was thinking something a bit smaller and casual and more hamb specific. More of a gathering with a cook-out/food and maybe even a drive vs. just a show per se.

That does seems like potentially a cool event, but on a much bigger and show-type scale. Regardless, I think we should plan it to not be on May 7th to avoid conflict and an potential overlap.

13. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Iam very interested in going. As long as I have a week or 2 to plan ahead of my busy honey dos list. Hopefully I can go!!!

14. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Meddler1, another great looking truck. Definitely, we'll make sure you have plenty of notice.

I'm kind of leaning towards April or May before everyone gets busy with other car and summer stuff. So a little bit of time still but will go fast.

Anybody suggest any cool off beat little towns we can do something in? Personally I'm more into the off beat and eccentric than known and proven. A little bit of adventure is cool and hoping part of the overall fun. Port Costa kind of thing maybe.

15. lazyv8

lazyv8

port costa??

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Never heard of that? It's a weird little 'town' over off by Crockett across the bay from Benecia. Basically at the end of the road before you hit the train tracks and the edge of the bay; a few houses, couple buildings with a bar and restaurant and a big dirt parking lot by the tracks. A bit of an odd place actually.

http://occhiolungo.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/2010-69-mile-ride/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&amp;q=port+costa,+ca&amp;oe=UTF-8&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Port+Costa,+Contra+Costa,+California&amp;gl=us&amp;ll=38.04631,-122.1833&amp;spn=0.12777,0.129089&amp;z=13&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View Larger Map</small>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. Oppy

Oppy

Keep talking, I'm subscribed and keeping up. It's not really a area I'm that familiar with, so probably not much input from me.

18. supervert

supervert

me and my s#&% box are down, keep us posted

19. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

subscribed..no truck though

20. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

THANKS! That sounds like a cool spot. I have heard of it but never been yet. I may even try to scope it out since Iam always driving in the area for work. Usually though Im haulin ass back to beat traffic:D.

21. i would bring my TT if i still lived out there
    Crocket is interesting place
    TT is from out there been on the road since 74

22. chop32

chop32

Im in! Ill bring my '32. We went to a Backyard Believers show there a while back, great spot.

23. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Thanks guys. Looks like we have got some good interest going. I'm going to step it up and do some active searching for options on a good location. I'll do some checking specifically on Port Costa which is a definite possibility. But if anyone knows of any other cool little odd towns with a suitable park etc we could use let me know and I'll go check it out.

24. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

im down ill go in my truck it needs to come out soon anyways

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Timmy, that would be great. Couldn't remember if you still had your truck or not. But yeah, dust that baby off and get it ready. I don't think I've seen it since it was still in the pre-running phase.

Your car was looking nice at Sac. by the way. Sorry I missed you guys.

26. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Guess I'm not invited. Why now open it up to newer trucks. Get a better turnout.
    Gary

Attached Files:

27. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I don't see why you wouldn't be. Just come in your avatar and you're golden. :)

Just trying to keep it traditionally oriented. And honestly, I don't think I can manage something too big anyway. Better to keep it focused and reasonably manageable.

28. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Sounds cool. I have a '49 F-1 I could bring.

29. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Not to get off topic but do you know if they still do the truck show in Hayward at the park on Hesperian? just haven't seen it advertised for awhile.

30. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Not sure. I've never been. Maybe it is the same show as T tyme posted in #11? Now over in Redwood City?