Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sorry to ask a money question but...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GAL60, Feb 16, 2011.

1. GAL60

GAL60

Hey fellas. I know money spent is a personal question and I'm sorry to be rude, but does anyone know what I would expect to pay for a complete Fat Lucky's Interior? I know like anything else it depends on several factors, but a general range or ball park would do. I'm poor, but I have dreams, and just need a reality check to get it out of my head. I thank you in advance for your time-Jim

2. jeez, why not call them and explain what you have in mind, I'd bet they would ballpark price it over the phone

3. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

ask them

4. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed.

Sam Navarro

5. GAL60

GAL60

Fair enough, just thought I would ask here first in case someone had one done there.-Jim

6. Not hard to spend five to ten grand, so don't be surprised.

7. Good Quality is not cheap. Fat Luckys is right at the top on quality

8. GAL60

GAL60

Thank you guys, I have heard they were one of the best and I do like the looks of their work so I'm not suprised at the cost. Thank you for letting me know,I don't think I can swing that

9. badshifter

badshifter

As a cheap alternative, try skinnyjinxed upholstery.

10. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

we heard there is a guy that was working for that shop in san marcos called gabes , he opened his own shop on south flores in san antonio , i saw some of his work on sat. night at the bun and i was very impressed , i can try to get his info if that is an option for ya. by the way what kind of car is it?

11. GAL60

GAL60

I will check that one out, thank you. Can anyone tell me if diamond tuck (non-button type) is an early or later sixties style. I have seen it on some mid sixties drag cars but would like to know when it came on the scene for custom cars.

12. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

i am guessing late sixties , but thats an educated guess . i am thinking you will get a scientific answer on this board! are you gonna bring that thing out to the bun on sat night missed you last week.

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

diamond tuck is sick.

14. thesupersized

thesupersized

the hirohata had some diamond tuck in its interior...that alone could date diamond tuck to early-mid 50s...

15. GAL60

GAL60

Its a 60' Galaxie Starliner its painted 63' Chrysler Dark Turquoise with HOK Blue-Green Pearl and has a white meatl flake roof. color matched steel wheels w/beauty rings and spider caps. It also has early 60's T-bird bucket seats and I was thinking about a sea of pearl white diamond tuck. Everything, including back dash, headliner, the works.

16. That sounds pretty awesome; good idea on the upholstery. How about some photos of the car?

17. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good. That's one thing to remember when getting someone other than yourself to work on your stuff

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I worked two winters at a second job to save money for a FatLucky interior. Worth every penny. Work a second job, and a third if necessary, and save, save, save.

19. Quoted a friend $12k for a complete in a Custom about a year ago ......

But that don't mean shit, as it's not your car and maybe not what you are looking for.

20. Never2low

Never2low

Yeah, I'm thinkin that was time/money well spent.

21. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

So where is this shop located?

22. Never2low

Never2low

The center of the Universe, of coarse.
    Also known as Austin, Texas.
    South Austin Speed Shop, to be exact. (edit, didn't see he had left)

http://www.fatluckys.com/

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  23. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

It sure looks like it'd be well worth the drive.

24. fatluckys

fatluckys

Hey guys!

I'm not at the Speed Shop anymore, a guy named Craig Willits took over the upholstery operation there. I'm not trying to overwork myself to death anymore, but I do a little work here and there. I'm trying to limit it to things that really excite me, which could be pretty much anything depending on what day it is. I'm still technically living in Austin, but I spent most of 2010 in Los Angeles, and I'm willing to go pretty much anywhere.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss a project. I know it's crazy expensive for some people, but it's not like I'm making a fortune doing this (I sure as hell couldn't afford one of my interiors!), and it never hurts to ask. I'd also recommend that you contact Craig at the Speed Shop, or whoever is in your area. Get some prices (which can vary a lot) and take a look at the quality (which, also, can vary a lot) and decide for yourself what balance of price/quality is going to be best for you and your car and your budget. Or get a sewing machine and do it yourself- it'll be at least as good as half the upholstery shops out there!

25. Hey Sean, you makin' house calls now? :confused:
    Ever seen Tennessee? Ever wanted to? :eek::D

26. fatluckys

fatluckys

I made a few house calls last year and drove through Tennesee a few times last year as well. For some reason I get Nashville mixed up with Portland inside my head. What's the weather like in July/August? I sure won't want to be in Texas then.

27. Never2low

Never2low

There you go! Answers from the man himself. Didn't even realize you were on the board.

Gotta say, you do some mighty fine work there, Sean. With any "luck" I can scrape together the money for one of your interiors, someday, ala Denise's plan.

I sport my FatLucky's shirt proudly. I can't tell you how many people have asked me what it stands for. I just tell them "Best Interior work in the country." Woo-Hoo Free advertising!:D

28. GAL60

GAL60

Thank you all and I will try to get some picks up as soon as I learn how. Just for the record I was not trying to trash talk Lucky's about the price. He has his price and I respect that, as the work speaks for itself. Its so good in fact that it may end up being the pig's silk hat if I get one. I don't know as my car is that good yet, more a street custom than a show car. I will contact the man himself and let you know what I find out. Thank you all once again for your help.-Jim

29. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

If you have to ask then maybe you don't want to know !

Really the best thing to do is take your car with your plans and ideas to the owner and sit down and talk with him about what you want to do with your car . Then he will tell you what it is going to cost you . That is the best way to go about it . So instead of asking what someone Else's car cost , go yourself and talk to the man . He is the only one that can tell you what it will cost you to have him do your interior .

Retro Jim