Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My Ford 51 Top Chop From Argentina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Path Thirteen, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Smokey2

Smokey2

TELL THA" TRUTH !, NOW< You've just been "STRINGIN' US ALONG??" RIGHT???
    That is "One hellava Undertaking!! I admire your Courage (?)..........

The Thread is great! THANKS! SMOKIN' in Ten-e-ceee

2. Ok. more updates !

Having the rocker panels done.

Its time to align the body by using the box !!!

We use a water leven (a transparent hose with water inside) becouse you can have a true horizontal line to trust, dont mather if the floor is not perfect or the "box" that we build arround the car isnt perfect) so this give us the level to align the body, and take measures side to side.
    [​IMG]
    here you can see an example of what i mean
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok, when we had the body aligned by using the jack stands and the home-made adjustable bars its time to weld the rocker panels in place
    Thats uncle dan in action !
    [​IMG]
    Filling the hole of the back door
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thats is the rocker panel finally welded, now its time to redo all the cut down floors and the tip of the rocker panel, and still a lot of work hammering and that stuff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man oh man, you are really determined! Patience and perseverance must have been invented in Argentina. :D I'm digging this thread.

4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Couldn't have said it better myself - keep on truckin' !

5. lots of hard work in this man, keep it up.. but that roof flow....well it doesnt flow at all. i see a huge spot that makes my eye go to it everytime, obove that back window section.

i seen you mentioned you wanting opinions on it. if it were me i would for sure do something about that roof.

6. big creep

big creep

wow, its really coming together well.

7. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

You are working verry well and fast keep on

8. 52pig

52pig

Straight cool, just caught this build. Great work.

9. Just read the whole thread from page 1 and it made my day! You guys rule. Seeing your dedication is more than inspiring! There's a big company telling us "just do it". You guys truly live up to that phrase! Can't wait to see the next updates.

10. jangleguy

jangleguy

11. Well... More pics, i was reading here on the hamb about the "driprail shaving" i liked a lot how cars look with or without it, but somethimes it looks like hell... so i was thinking about that a long time but i didnt want to take the risk, becouse if you want to go back to the driprails youre fucked ! but well, i dont like to think much becouse if i think too much, i dont do nothing... so, we shaved the driprails, i know lot of people dont like the driprailess cars becouse it dont flow with the shape of the roof, but what the hell, my roof dont flow at all, so lets do this, and then, lets work on the roof flow... yeah, i know, we keep distroying stuff in the cars, i think if we keep on this, this gonna be "The Neverending Shoebox" hahaha but what the heck, i like it !!!!!
    Driprail removed and the "structural" part of the roof too, becouse as the car was a 4 door i have to re-do that part, WAVY!!!!
    [​IMG]
    OK, now to be or not to be ?? take the easy way, and weld the window frame, or do the uncle dan's way... yeah, your right !!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Weld time, Well, i was not happy at all with the flow of the back window flow, it was too pronounced, with the downhill angle of the roof looked like it was ended violently, so we decided to do the curve more "open" (i know i really write this like hell, theres words that i cant recall in my brain, plus i learned english myself reading magazines and watching movies haha) HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN
    And i like the flow of the roof in this one, the roof its not finished at all, it like plain in the middle, we have to still working but i like it from this angle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also the B pillar is the one of the 4 doors, do you think i have to cut down the part that my uncle have the fingers on ?? becouse i think it gonna look too wide ! but well, i need opinions

See yaa guys !! thanks for the feedback, you make me and my uncle very happy with your comments !!

have good luck

12. Bonus track, deep throat fenderwell !! i didnt know that the fenderwheels can swallow a 16" like that !! COOOOOL!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. hahaha !! The devil made me do it (??)

Thank you for your comment!!

14. go tar goo !! Haha thanks for your comment, sometimes i need a team of cheerleaders cheering go path go !! Run forest, run!!!

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Uncle Dan rules!!!!!

16. Haha, thank you, i dont know if that was invented in argentina, but we have to do this, or build a fucking FIAT !! :mad: Thanks

Thank you too !!

Yeah, i see the same than you, i hate that part, but now were working on other stuff, but when we go back to the roof i have to do something with that, i uploaded a coupe of other pictures that you can see that the roof is not too bad about the roof, considering that the top is flat becouse need to be shaped, lets see how it turns !

Thanksss !!

Yeah... but this is neverending :( THanks

Cool, thank you for watching, keep tuned in !

Haha, COOL im glad that people on the other side of the world like this build, i was higly inspired by you guys, but now its like a feedback, its nice to see that we love your stuff, and you get stocked about our rusty bucket build, THANK YOU!!

17. Smokey2

Smokey2

I STILL THINK you ARE "STRINGING US ALONG!!!!!
    By FAR! Gonna be ONE RAD "KUSTOM"..............
    Your Balls MUST Be on Display.......At tha' Local BOWLING ALLEY!!!!!!
    You must known what U wanted, and it's turning out Nicely! Keep tha' Pics Cummin"

Tenn. Smoke

quote: "LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG." ....
    I've done Both!

18. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

I'm aww inspired by your your mind set! Found this thread today and just finished reading it. It's all I did at the shop I work at today! (tattoo artist) can't wait to see more path, keep up the awesome work buddy!

19. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

very nice build

cheers

20. momioblues

momioblues

Uh, las últimas fotos no se ven, pero por lo que vi antes está quedando genial, o mejor dicho está quedando como debe quedar en relación al tremendo laburo que estás haciendo. Espero verlo pronto!

21. Well Thanks to ALL posting here with your kind words and advices !!

I have the car now on the frame again and mocked up for a photo session (it whould be a special occasion) and now the car is this way i can eyeball it well and think about the roof and what we gonna do... what do you think my friends ?? it is looking good ?
    i was thinking in move the rear glass foward and lay it a little more, but i dont know. i need opinions !!

Thanks to all hope you enjoy the pictures !!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Orn

Orn

Looks good to me, keep it up.

23. Looks familiar...

[​IMG]

You're doing a great job, keep it up. Must be nice having that shop to work in (and having your uncle around :D ) hoisting the body up to work under it would be nice.

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I like your idea about dropping the rear window a bit. Probably easier that trying to rework the crown of the roof. Keep at it Path, the car is looking good!

25. Koolest Kustom in all Argentina, possibly Chile, Uraguy, Bolivia. :D

26. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

¡Su carro es tan chido!
    Pienso que, algun día voy a tener un chopped kustom Ford o Merc tambien.
    Yo había oido que, "De la espina se viene la flor". Obviamente es la verdad.
    Ciao

27. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Just reread this thread again---you guys are inspirational. Is there anything you won't attempt??? Keep it up---I have a feeling this girl is gonna look great. Keep posting--

28. OH CRAP !! HAHAA THATS FAMILIAR, thank you for your comment, keep the working !! you didnt try to get to body off the frame ? its the way to go to work ! its a pain in the ass but its better!! thank you for your comment, ill be there watching that build

Thank you ! yeah, i have to decide what to do, maybe when the body work is done, i mean the doors floors and that we will see what to do with the roof, we were shapping it a little bit the saturday and it started to look better, need to be raised a little bit more in the front, but we will see. Thanks for your comment !

hahahaha THANK YOU, BETTER BE, THIS MOTHERFUCKER IS MAKING ME SWEaT BLOOD HAHAH

Todo es posible, yo siempre lo quise y cuando menos lo espere lo estaba comprando, y al tiempo lo tenia en el taller de mi tio haciendo todo eso... !

Hhahaha, good to be an inspiration !! THANKS!!! hahaha we have to attempt to anything... here is the way to do the things, no other way, not anyone dares, but we like to !! THANKKKKKKS!!

29. Well. The last saturday we rolled the mocked up shoebox to the street to see it at the sunlight ! Here is what we saw. We lowered it with some chains to compress the leaf springs and wood blocks in the front end haha... well let the pictures talks !

Inside the shop
    [​IMG]

Outside the shop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is my daily driven ford falcon 68 (argentinian version)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thats Me ! haha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy !

30. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden