Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 Barn Finds -- Post Em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Total Performance, Jan 5, 2011.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Parts for your Merc Woody! Hows that coming?

2. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Holy Crap! That thing is awesome!

3. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Lets see some more!

4. picked both of these up 32 dump truck and model a tow truck[​IMG]

5. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    </FIELDSET>OH i see you have to turn your monitor upside down....its a rambler

6. Found where my late brother left it -

Attached Files:

7. OK all you guys that found yours. How about sending out some of your luck to those of us still hoping. I know where mine is and that it is coming up for sale, but I don't know when. I've been waiting two years so far and I'm hoping this will be the year. Scared to post pics, cause with my luck some-one will already know about it. So if you want to see it, telepathically send me some luck and good wishes.

Doug.

8. Crestliner

Crestliner

Guy called and wanted me to help him sell this. I did, bought it home about 2 months ago, just pulled it out and hosed it off today.

Attached Files:

9. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Cool find but PLEEZE do not turn that into a "GTO" clone!

10. markjenks

markjenks

Wow, NICE! My brother and I just finished on his 66 F85. Original engine and trans were long gone, but we put a 350 rocket and a M21 in it. :)

11. encswsm

encswsm

Didja buy that one in Australia???LOL

12. mavawreck

mavawreck
    from Durham NC

They finally sold the trucks from Daniel Boone?! I've been playing in those since I was a kid. I saw the A wrecker on craigslist.

13. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

It won't be.

14. JF

JF
    from Utah

Tent find, first found these about 9 - 10 years ago, and then 2 years ago asked if they were for sale, then in Jan I got them.

Attached Files:

15. Yup took almost 10 years of nagging. I just sold the wrecker and the 32 will be on the road in a few weeks

16. Kume

Kume

Sold this just this last week. Has been decorating my yard for the past 7 years - Was very hard to see it go - Completely unmodified 28 chev C cab - gone to a private museum - c'est la vie - money will go into my new found love for fords flatheads.

Attached Files:

17. jeez i hate these barn find threads, just get so jelous:mad:.lol. seriously tho still sum good stuff out there just hope its not all found before i can get at it.

18. big daddy Raleigh

big daddy Raleigh
    from Denver CO

Coming down is the easy part! I feel for the poor sap who hiked that beast up there!

19. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Sending you luck man!!

20. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

21. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

My grandpa gave me the word to come get his truck out of his barn.

Attached Files:

22. Thumper

Thumper

Damn.....all I ever find in barns is cowshit and horse shoes.......:(

23. stock30fordcoupe

stock30fordcoupe
    from SoCal

Did not see this post untell now. Found this in june 2010 . At a yard sell.
    It was hidding under a tarp for 30 years. I saw the body shape and Asked
    WAS IT FOR SALE !!!! Yes it was. After buying some stuff at the yard sale and helping price and ID other items i stay and talked with the family for 2 hrs. Went back for second yard sale and helped out and talked to more of the family and then made a offer on it. A few month later they sold it to me. They were offered 1500.00 more than i did but the other person wanted to Hot rod it. Me i wanted to keep it STOCK. And so did they.

1936 cable controlled radio. Toggle sw is for head lights Lo and Hi beams. Will be removed and factory sw reconnected with relays. 6 seat covers one on top of the other. Has trunk and not rumble seat.
    SN is 1930 1st yr sold (DMV) 1931 school teacher from Pasadena, 2ed owner bought in 1941 $100.00 daily driver to work until 1973, intermid driven to 1980. When coverd with tarp.

Attached Files:

24. VonKool13

VonKool13

Dude Hot Rod that. Plenty of restored A's out there. Don't be a puss!:)

25. Another genuine barn find,,parked in 1956 in the original owners barn,,his son had no interest in it and after the son died the grandson got it.

The property was being sold and I bought it from the grandson,,I needed it like I need another hole in the head but you guy's know how that works,,we want them all.:rolleyes: HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Here's my 2011 find. This is one of those "feel good" barn finds... at least for me. The gentleman I bought it from originally advertised it on another website for much more than I ended up buying it for. He sent me these pics when I inquired originally, after he pulled it from the garage 35 years after he left it there. He had lots of interest when advertised in January, but it turned out that I was the one who didn't try and yank it from him with low ball offers. He decided not to sell, and instead was going to try and fix it up for himself. The car had been in his family since '62, and I told him that it was the right decision.

Fast forward to June... he drops me a note and tells me that he couldn't get the engine unfrozen, and that I could have it if I was interested for a 3rd of his asking price. I had the car in my driveway that next weekend.

Attached Files:

27. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

a friend's barn finds : 33 desoto coupe and a studebaker, 30-31 president I think, not sure,
    some cool lights and a LaSalle grille from 1940, lots of stuff have not been unpacked yet..
    stay tuned...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  28. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

I found this 34 this past April 2011. The guy I got it from had it in his basement for the past 20 years and told me he bought off a farm where it sat outside for 36 years prior.

I started a thread on it, and will be updating it soon. I have since, purchased an original, mint 34 floor.[​IMG]

29. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PROOF ... that dreams DO come TRUE !! :D :) :eek:

30. dexleo2

dexleo2

Well here is what I found in just the last month. Nothing super special, but a car that I always wanted. It will stand out pretty bad next to all my Mach 1 mustangs in the shop, but I think its a lot cooler than the mustangs. I had purchased a 1930 model A coupe a week before this one pictured for cheap. The person I bought the frist model A from gave me this guys number and told me he had one that was being used as a chicken coupe. So i called the guy and he said ya come look at it not much there. So to make a long story short I hauled in home in the back of my pick up.

Attached Files: