Register now to get rid of these ads!

This is the story about three swedes and a buy on ebay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abbe, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Well, it's about damn time! Now 'abbe' can continue the cool story, if he still has all the pics he took here in Texas. The car in post #82 is an Anglia Panel custom built by my friend Glen for his wife Kathy. The Anglia is a regular in the Stockyards. I was more than happy to connect you guys with the Galaxie and the Pee-Cup to keep the '46 Chevy company on the boat ride north.

Let the journey continue, Ken

2. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Ok it´s time to pick this up again.
    As you know we have been to the Stockyards with ken and he showed us around. As i said before COOL PLACE .
    The day after be went to Ken´s place for same maintenence of Larry. The trunk was locked so we had to make a break in. After thet Ken took us for a trip and we went to a hotrod shop and took a look how thing were made in the US. Ken know the name of the place. I have forgotten , sorry. Well they had alot of cool projekt going on.

Attached Files:

3. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Later on we took a ride and looked for something to buy. But we were mostly dissipointed. But atleast we got one nice car in one of the pic´s :)
    Again i must thank ken for his time and that he took us around.

Attached Files:

4. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Thanks
    I will keep that in mind for the next time.

5. Mungamongo

Mungamongo

Where is the rest of the story ABBE? :)

6. pregrid

pregrid

7. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Later on we went to a scrapyard witch had some cars for sale. But the intrsting cars were of course not for sale. But E was looking aruond and a car was bought It was a Ford galaxie .And again it was hot like h-ll and Kens car was wonderful. AC i love it!!!

Attached Files:

8. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Are you in a hurry . or what ..:)

9. CultureCreature

CultureCreature

Great story! Can't wait for more! Had plans once to throw and engine and trans into my 49 Styleline Wagon and make a West Coast tour... here I am 12 years later and it still hasn't happened...

10. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Wellthe Galaxy was bought and we were going for car # 3.
    We realise that we were living with an artist so we thougt we would use that fact. So we ased Ken to paint some of our stuff. First out was Larry that got some pin striping on the fenders abowe the headlights
    Than E realise that he had keept a leather jacket arund the whole trip so Ken painted that one too. Even the laptop got pined If you need some realy good paint work done, talk to that guy. he know what he´s doing that´s fore sure

Attached Files:

11. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Those wheels and tires are PERFECT! but the exhaust tips....hmmmm, maybe repro 1947 tips would look better?

12. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

In the early '80's I transferred from Jax, Fl, to Vallejo, Ca (USN) and made a run from Jax to Philly, Pa, then to Vallejo in a steel '23 with a '69 351W (4bbl model), pulling a trailer designed to be pulled by a motorcycle. I will never forget the trip. Places like Pella, Iowa, The big truckstop in Wy. freezing my nads off on 4th of July morning, coasting in neutral into Salt Lake City at 75-80 mph, a fellow named "Dennis Wing" from Sacramento area helping me with a no-start issue in Oakland, then 3 years later making return trip to Little Creek, Va. in a 1934 Dodge DRXX 4 door barge. Don't miss a chance to see the USA in your anything! There is no travel agency on earth can match this kind of trip, should make a "Top Gear" segment, I can see Clarkson fitting his large arse into a 3 window coupe <grin>

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  13. pregrid

pregrid

cool stuff there.

14. teddyp

teddyp

great story in the late 80,s me and a buddy went to the mid wast to pickup a 55 olds and drive it back to jersery had a blast . tokk the ride in a 40 ford with a sbc in it in 91 something about a long trip in a custom or hot rod or just a old car that make it a adventure