Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 53 Chevy full custom build thread by Krazy Korys Kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krazy kory, Jan 27, 2011.

1. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Not digging the caddy's but what the hell do I know.
    With that chop, a set of Packard tail lights would flow right in with the rest.
    Looking good man

2. 76cam

76cam

Any other tail light suggestions ????? Please

3. You did a rad job on all the fabrication! Just don't like the taillights but to each his own! The customer is always right!

4. krazy kory

krazy kory

Ok , I guess ya don't like the tail lights. To tell you the truth I'm not Krazy about them ether. Thay didn't turn out the way I thaught thay wuold. So for now I am going to move on to some other mods and hope something better will come to me. But I am keeping the caddy light and just configure them differently. Thanks for the hard love. Krazy Kory...

5. AntiBling

AntiBling

If I get to my office tomorrow I'll try to do a photoshop to explain this, but if you're stuck on the caddy lights, my suggestion would be recess them in, a lot. Have it so the tips of the taillights don't stick out past the end of the peak on the top of the housing.

6. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Ditch the tail lights

7. Love the build! Would '50 Pontiac tail lights fit? Kinda the same effect but they don't stick out as much. I like the rounded hood corners, how do you finish the cut hood corners? Once cut, there is an inner panel and an outer skin with no rolled edge. Always wondered how this was done. That car is gonna be slick!

8. krazy kory

krazy kory

Gettin back to work on the 53 , the cold weather has kinda slowed me down but there is lots to do. I got the pipes cut and beveled and ready to mold to the body and am geting the seats and interior started this weekend. Got a long way to go to be ready for the roundup.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. krazy kory

krazy kory

Molded some 61 apachee fender lips in today. Lowerd the back lip 5 " and raised the front 2".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. krazy kory

krazy kory

Got one of the pipes done to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

12. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

lots great work so far

13. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Great job, customize to your vision

14. hasty

hasty

Nice work. Good luck finding a solution to the tail lights.

15. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Maybe consider this with the tail lights?

They just seem to flow better in this picture, not to knock all the hard work you put into your Chevy. That's A LOT of work, to be very least said. BEAUTIFUL job chopping it. The one I'm saving for and plan on buying in a couple months - I want it to receive a very similar chop, and ironically the same tail light setup as shown below:
    [​IMG]

16. TxRat

TxRat

Nice work. I have family in Luling and I believe my father-in-law has seen your shop. He works for the city of Lockhart and is all over that little community. I would love to stop by the next time we are out that way....

17. billys54

billys54

18. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

I like the look of the tail lights a little better on this car but I bet a set of Packards would look killer!

19. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Killer build..hate the tailites like many have said though.

20. krazy kory

krazy kory

I think the first pics I posted of the tail lights didn't do them Justus. I think I am going to put a brow over them and recesse the lower light. Somthing similar to this picture.
    [​IMG]
    The lights give the car motion and that is what I was looking for. That is what it needs with a 4/6 chop. I am stuck on the caddy lights because I am going to use caddys in the front inside the grill. I have walked around the car a hundred times and thay don't look bad to me I think with the brow thay will look fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for all the coments and forgive me for the bad spelling. Kory.

21. krazy kory

krazy kory

TxRat you are welcome to come by my place any time. I ain't got much but what I got is mine. And if anyone needs any help in April for the roundup I will be glad to help I am only 30 minutes east of the Expo and have plenty of room to park tralers.

22. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

I like the lights. Maybe I think and see hints differently than most? Hell if I know?! Can wait to see it complete

23. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

Things, not hints

24. rangeman

rangeman
    from medford,or

Nice build. I like 54 chevy bubbles, might smooth up the rear. Nice metal work.
    Guess I'll go out to the shop and get to work.

25. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

You're doing a great job so far man! I can see where you are going with this and I can see what you are trying to do. I would really consider just sinking back the tail lights even 3 inches, that will make a huge difference. Then sink the bottom one maybe 4 inches as opposed to the top, and with the "beaks" you're creating over the top Caddy tail lights, the body line and direction will flow better. Just my opinion though! I appreciate your work though, can't wait to see it all finished.

26. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Packards always succeed at giving that classic look I agree! But I bet he could successfully pull off the Caddy Tail light idea. I've had the same idea for quite a long time actually, something that drew me into this post initially!

27. 76cam

76cam

What no new updates I no yall work on this thing everynight...lol....Show us some new pictures please.

28. krazy kory

krazy kory

Ok,ok, we do work on this thing everynight but we took off lastnight to get some rest. We started to change the rearend to a 9-inch and lower the rear a cuple of inches while we had it on the liftand I am working on the fender lips on the other side. Have more pics tonight.

29. krazy kory

krazy kory

Body work, body work, body work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Little Red Wagon

Little Red Wagon
    from Richer, Mb

FYI,
    I like the tail lights, just extend the brow and drop it down the sides another 4-5 inches. It will be awesome.
    I really like the rolled fender lips, very nice. Somehow I missed how you did that. Did you just weld in a rod and fill the seam?
    Keep it up, lookin' good.