Register now to get rid of these ads!

Someone just stole Larry Watson's Ranchero!! *update on page 7* FOUND!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eryk, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Eryk

Eryk

Someone broke into the garage at Larry's house last night. They stole his Ranchero. Please keep an eye out! Thank you.

The "Larry" is Lary Watson. The car was stolen out of Victorville, CA. I'm trying to get the plate number as we speak. Larry Jr is being contacted, but so far hasnt been reachable. The police cant file a report till Larry Jr contacts them. If anyone sees the car please call victorville police(hopefully a report is filed very soon)...or contact Roger O'Dell (951) 570-8582....or post here and let everyone know.

:mad:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  2. badshifter

badshifter

Where does Larry live so we know where to keep an eye out? Bad news anyhow.

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

got any better contact info than "Larry" and a couple photos?

4. 42 chevy

42 chevy

I sure hate to see all the stolen car's lately. I wish they could shoot them on sight. I hope they recover it.

5. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

@badshifter, unfortunately Larry passed away last year. Wow this really sucks, I really hope more than luck turns up and the Ranchero is returned...

6. reefer

reefer

Jeez, what the hell is going on over there..every time I come on here somethings been stolen...

7. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

yeah I wonder why so many are being stolen; I remember hearing all about the Rod that was stolen, now this!

8. Moldy

Moldy

Larry's Place is in Victorville CA

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Son of a Bitch I'll post it on my FB too

10. badshifter

badshifter

Missed the Watson part, just saw the Larry and his stolen Ranchero part. Still don't know where....

11. Eryk

Eryk

The "Larry" is Lary Watson. The car was stolen out of Victorville, CA. I'm trying to get the plate number as we speak. Larry Jr is being contacted, but so far hasnt been reachable. The police cant file a report till Larry Jr contacts them. If anyone sees the car please call victorville police(hopefully a report is filed very soon)...or contact Roger O'Dell (951) 570-8582....or post here and let everyone know.

12. cruzr

cruzr

WTF............a rash of stolen cars .........most in California......whats going on?

13. -Brent-

-Brent-

No disrespect meant, but I cannot see the value of this car to a thief. I can see it for Larry's family but this isn't a highly-desired car. What is going on with all these thefts? :mad::confused:

14. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Can't reach Larry Jr., huh? Maybe he's out for a cruise in it.:confused:

15. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

Did you see the cond. of that car, looks mint and its a 72 so it has value and being LWs car adds more value, not camaro value but value none the less.

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

17. Eryk

Eryk

No it's definitely a theft. I just got a little more info...

Larry's neighbor has been entrusted by Larry Jr to take care of the house and keep the Rancho maintained. The neighbor called Roger and told him that the gate to the backyard had been pried open. There are signs of forceable entry to the rear door of the garage. The thief was on a bike, because the bike was haphazardly left in the backyard. This is definitely a theft.

18. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

I'm guessing the thieves didn't know it was Larry's car, they can't sell it and advertise it as his car, it's a dead giveaway.

19. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Hate single minded people like you,if it`s not your type of car you shun shun shun. That thing is gorgeous,and easily a $10k-12k car if it is as nice as it looks.

20. Eryk

Eryk

It is indeed as nice as it looks. The bed was damn near flawless. The interior was very clean. Larry took pride in his cars.

21. John Denich

John Denich

I hate this SHIT......lets keep an eye out for this car! We need to catch this bastard!!!!! it can't be far if the piece of shit rode his bike there! I will be back next week...maybe spend a few days at Larrys! WE WILL GET HIM!

22. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Ill got by JRs house. Just off the phone with Roger.... BTT

23. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Spoke to extended family member,....they are trying his immediate families phones.

24. LivingInThePast

LivingInThePast

Off with the thieves hands!

25. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Larry is at church. His girlfriend has the message and will pass it on.

26. -Brent-

-Brent-

Hey man, I hate thieves as much as the next guy. I've owned a car that was stolen from me, and it sucked, terribly.

However, I get why most cars are stolen, desirability... Whether to be parted-out here or to be sent elsewhere. I think the car is clean and was well-loved by its owner (no matter if it was Larry Watson's or Joe Schmo... we're all in the same community) but I'm not blind... it's not a car that has a tremendous following.

It makes more sense by reading the more recently added information that this was not professional...

You can hate me for saying that, it's fine. Just because it's worth 12K doesn't mean it's going to be an easy sale once it's stolen... since it's a more rare bird. You get, too, stolen cars aren't sold for their Bluebook value, because, well, THEY'RE STOLEN! You get me now??? :rolleyes:

Back on topic --- I do hope this comes back to the rightful owner and that the nincompoop that stole this doesn't joyride it and destroy it. There was only one Larry Watson and I'd hate to hear part of his legacy torn out of his family's life.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It does not matter what the value of the car is, $2 or $200,000, or who exactly it belonged to, lunkhead or legend.

This is another mans ride, and stealing is wrong, dead wrong.

We need to extend the same respect to all people and their respective property.

Here's hoping it is found, intact and undamaged, and the perpetrator is caught and convicted.

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

I agree. I didn't intend to bring drama. That's completely NOT my style. So, I'm sorry for that as it did result in drama a bit.

29. That Sucks !!! I'll keep my eyes open up here in northern Cali but I have a feeling it's probably headed in the other direction.

30. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", some people like them and see no sense in your type of car. Besides he may have a piece of $*#$ one and want to part Watson's out to build his. There are thieves in this world disguised as Hot Rodders you know. Keeping my eye out here on the Central Coast of Ca.. We need someone who can check the warehouses at the port to see if it is waiting to get in a container and go overseas.