Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday models, 2/13/2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lyle Willits, Feb 13, 2011.

1. I didn't see a thread yet ( 10 AM here) so I started one.

Just random model car pics,,,,,,,,,,,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Church Key

Church Key

Lyle, Good start this week...I will post a couple more of my older builds today.

3. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Love the T Bird. Thanks for posting the pics.

4. r_bryant

r_bryant

Love that Ratty Vette.
    Here's the 'Hangman', a Tom Daniels design from Monogram.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

5. Pharouh

Pharouh

Here's mine. AMT 34 Ford. Chopped channeled,32 ford engine,Stude hubcaps. Sorry about the crappy picture.

[​IMG]

6. .very nice models there,...got a little more done on the 40 p.u....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  7. ...dustin off the 40 sedan to do some more work on...

[​IMG]

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good stuff,btt

9. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

Here's my 2 cents. It's my half of a trophy for an upcoming car show. The engine and rear wheels are from an 1/8th scale set and the rest is 1/18th scale. The exhaust pipes are 3/8 rod that I put in the drill press and and shaped with a file. Drilled out the end to make them look like pipes. The goal on the trophy is to have a Ed Roth Rat Fink look to in.

Attached Files:

10. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

my latest project built from a frame off of the internet , front end and wedge motor from the 22jr kit

Attached Files:

• 040.jpg
      040.jpg
      File size:
      124.8 KB
      Views:
    • 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      116.1 KB
      Views:
  11. The_Forgotten

The_Forgotten
    from WNY

That 29 Model A Jalopy is killer!
    Rusty1: love the '40. What's your technique for the wear job? Just a few different colors of rusty paint under the top color and wet sanding? The depth you achieved is impressive!

12. Great job on the pickup !

Here's what I'm working on this week:

Attached Files:

13. the forgotten;...hey thanks,...first I spray primer (Testors)everything flat black, then flat red, then I use flat water-based craft paints (Walmart) brushed on. It dries really fast. Then dry sand with real fine grit litely and just keep playing with it til it's what you want. If you sand it too much, just brush more paint over it and try again. (don't sand in strate lines, use a cicular motion in some areas.)
    ...then some dry brushing here and there til you like it.
    ..I'm still not done with the engine compartment, but the rest is about done.

14. You guys ROCK !

15. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Great job, everyone! wojojo, love the 53! I have one in progress that I was painting the same color, but pro-streeted(that tells you how long ago I started it, Ha Ha).

16. paintcan54

paintcan54

Cool work again everybody. A little OT, my wife went "pickin" yesterday and come home with this I could not belive she found this and other car stuff she said she would take me there in 2 weeks so I can look. She will not tell me where this place is, but in2 weeks I will know!!!! And it's all there.

Attached Files:

17. Ferbz51

Ferbz51
    from Austin, Tx

Great start to the model show this week! Lyle, I love that Red Shoebox. Is that a resin body or did they chop/stretch the coupe top? And Rusty1, nice job on the weathering of your pick up. Here's another older build of mine. 58 Impala converted to a chopped Sedan Delivery by grafting on the top from the Revell 54 Chevy panel. It has the 409 from the 62 Bel Air with a scratchbuilt Caddy style air cleaner, pancaked hood, molded grill opening, custom skirts. Little design details like straightening the top of the rear fender line to spear into the doors, leaning the tailight panel forward so that the "fins" appear to be extended rearwards are a couple things I'd like to see on a real 58.

Attached Files:

18. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Love the pickum up! Also this is a great picture...looks like its from an old 60s R & C magazine.

19. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Great stuff today guys! I'll see if I can get something posted later.
    Neal

20. Thanks. This one has been in progress forever too. I think painted the roof and quarter accents white about 12 years ago. (Wanted to be sure it was dry before I masked it off.)...LOL Hadn't touched it since until a couple weeks ago.

21. billys54

billys54

Good stuff this week

22. Pharouh

Pharouh

Thanks fortypickup!
    That's a painted backdrop I did several years ago. I got the idea from SAE.
    More next week!

23. sobpunx

sobpunx

I just finished this up on friday, its my friends daily driver (hotrodmonk on here)
    66 chevelle front suspension grafted to the frame wood veneer for the plywood bed and pinstriping box and a few lil things here and there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Church Key

Church Key

[​IMG] I am bit late this week, but here are a couple more of my old builds.

25. Church Key

Church Key

26. Church Key

Church Key

27. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Lots of kool models this week.

28. MPR455

MPR455
    from lombard il

here is mine. a monogram 32 ford dragstrip hotrod. this was built "nostalgia" style. built the way a decent builder would have done it back in the day. all rattle can paint, no wires no superdetail. this one was fun. the other is a vintage 1/48 revell 55 chevy 1-1/2 ton truck. ron cash resin cab. a pewter metal driver. photo reduced licence plates. custom decals and some weathering. these are the first model cars i've done in about 15 years. used to do a lot of contest modeling back in the 80's and early 90's. kind of got burned out. but you guy's gave me some inspiration to start building again.

Attached Files:

29. Neil411

Neil411

Sorry, I meant to post this on Sunday, but I got busy with other things.

1932 Ford Surf Hearse based on a body from Race Motor Replicas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The boards based on designs by Greg Noll.

[​IMG]

I made a few items to go into the back of the car. I picked the label for the fruit crate special to commemorate the first office drag race in Goleta, California in 1949.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  30. Fantastic hearse. I saw this on TRaK. Wonderful build and the small details are great. Is that an RMR resin body or did you make it yourself?