Register now to get rid of these ads!

trouble selling

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOBCORP, Feb 12, 2011.

1. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

I realize all the great depression stuff over the last few years....but is everyone finding it VERY hard to sell hot rods right now

or is it just me

2. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

3. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

I seem to be able to sell the 2000 range stuff but nothing over

4. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

re-elect the sumbums that are in office again & it'll be the same

5. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Yes, it seems like if you won't take it in the back side nobody wants it. I have seen some great deals if you are buying, though.

6. Richard/SIA

Richard/SIA
    from No. Nevada

Demand 50¢ on the dollar and you will be waiting quite a while for a sale.

Ask no more than 25¢*on the dollar and it will move fairly quickly.

15¢ on the dollar will sell it the same day.

May as well just keep it than give it away.

7. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

I was hoping someone out there could just give me a little help.....I even thought about selling both at the same time and keep the one that does not sell

8. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

Hope not help

9. Ironswims

Ironswims
    from Illinois

It hasn't bothered the very wealthy. Barret Jackson kinda stuff :mad:

10. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

I just wish I were the very wealthy... I would never sell anything

11. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Well, tough times are bound to reach our hobby. I hope it's an opportunity for some people to enter it for the first time, and get a starter car for a reasonable price.

I bought my Pontiac this summer for a good price, but I did have to sell my F100 to afford it. The truck didn't fetch what I thought it would.

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Ditto bro! I'm haven no luck selling mine either! But I'm selling to keep our business going good, and I'm assuming everyone else is doing the same! So I'm hoping by the time they wanna buy, I won't need to! :D

13. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

I think thats were i am at I am afraid to sell for fear of what it will bring or not

14. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

It does feel like people are wanting new stuff but just want to trade

15. funk 49

funk 49

Just remember,recessions and depressions have made many millionaires.

16. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

This is true ... it's not that there's less money ... it's that someone else has it. Some of it's in China.

17. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

we can always print more

18. slim tempo

slim tempo

let's keep politics out of the forum for Bush's sake.

19. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

no politicing

20. mrdodge

mrdodge

Same problems over here.(NZ) Have had my bucket on the market for 18 months but no takers. People keep telling me how cheap it is but....... Guess the roadster project is going to sit in the shed a little longer.:cool:

21. HotRodMetal

HotRodMetal
    from USA

It's not just you.

Toys, in general, are very difficult to sell right now. Running driving cars under 5 grand seem to be pretty popular right now. Tax refunds are coming in.

22. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

I have been also trying to sell for months - have slashed the price by almost 30% and very little interest

23. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

I would probably even sell my truck if I could get the money out of it......but.....

24. 33 ford

33 ford
    from boston

Things are rough, are the hot rod shops going to make it? Maybe when all this snow melts buyers will be more motivated. Barrett Jackson is over priced Mecum is more to my liking.

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Yeah..I had a hell of a time selling an O/T ride..and took a bath when i just decided to let it go.

I decided Im not selling any more of my toys, unless i get what they are worth.

to be honest i just stopped trying, no more ads, no more BS..screw it

26. roadster36

roadster36
    from Sonoma

It's not just you. I have three converts for that would normally have sold in the 40-50 range, now all I get is people wanting to trade me for tractor work, Harley parts, etc. The same goes for parts. Nothing is moving. It is a great time to buy though- you just have to have the room for more stuff, which I don't. Like houses and property, this is going to take a while to get on it's feet.

27. ...I feel like I lost my job, used to be able to buy cars, trucks, parts and turn em over easily, not now. I hope it comes back but I'm thinkin it's gonna take awhile.
    I'm out the the mood to even try to sell now as everyone wants stuff dirt cheap.
    I'm not gonna give it away until I have to.
    ...the rich keep gettin richer so it's not a problem for them,...there's no middle-class anymore, you're either climbin up or slidin down.

28. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Current Old Cars Price Guide (February 2011) values for a '30 Model A Deluxe Coupe

1. $18,000 (Excellent. A true #1 car is a 95+ point show car, never driven)
    2. $12,600 (Fine. A #2 will win shows where a #1 car is not present, well-restored)
    3. $8,100 (Very good. Completely operable original or older restoration, a "20-footer")
    4. $3,600 (Good. A drivable vehicle needing no, or only minor work, to be functional)
    5. $2,160 (Restorable. Needs complete restoration of body, chassis and interior.
    6. $720 (Parts car)

Where would would place your coupe on this continuum? Is it a #1, #2, #3, #4 car? People who are buying consult price guides and measure your car against what the guide says. Also look at completed auctions on eBay in order to see what people are actually paying currently for Model A Fords. Is your price in line with what other Model As are selling for?

29. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Ditto rusty1, Same here, I have been getting calls off the list that are starting to really piss me off, telling me what kelly blu-book is on my o/t ride, well your in wny. F'r, mine has no rust,fresh paint!, Go by one for that, Click!

30. I've had my Plymouth for sale for a few months. If I can't get what I'm asking for it, I'll keep it and enjoy it. I'll certainly not give it away.