Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sad discovery someone Stole my 1932 California Plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Feb 11, 2011.

1. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Hope you get them back
    My place is usually locked down like fort knox
    Gates locked
    Doors locked
    No one is ever left in the office or shop without me personally present
    Ever
    No parts guys. Girlfriends. Customers. Etc
    Been there done that

Sorry for your violation
    Hope you get them back

2. Unfortunately, assholes are everywhere.

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

If you find the plate number, report it immediately to the local police. A CHP-180 is used to report just the plates. (just in case you get a rookie that tries to blow it off). If they don't take a report, PM me the info and I'll do it.

4. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

this makes me sick, I am very sorry a fellow car guy did this to you. I am sorry anyone could have done this.
    the thief is a coward and has no business among respected car enthusiasts.

5. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

here is an idea for anyone in Ca hitting the swap meets.
    I am going to take pictures of all 32 Ca plates I see for sale and get the sellers number.
    lets post those pictures here and see if we can get these plates back.

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn!!!---Ain't that a BITCH!!---Wouldn't it be ironic if the prick that stole your '32 plates, is the same one that stole the '32 roadster at Pomona at GNRS show????
    Steve, when you catch him, tie him up & put a sack over his head, go to LANNY'S & stich up his balls to his pecker, see how he likes the cross stich machine!!!!

7. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve I got some KANSAS 32 plates if you want. Free!!! John Swander

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

WHOEVER TOOK THEM, GIVE THEM BACK!

SEND THEM ANONYMOUSLY IN THE MAIL AND HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!

Rant over. Best of luck Steve!

9. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

The result of this theft by a lowlife thief is to suspect anyone selling 32 plates, take their number, (their picture too?) and post it.?? Happy Hoppy, I know you are well intentioned, but please, do not equate this breach of honesty and trust by a thief, to suspect those selling 32 plates is a possible theif of fence.The lowlife thief passed on other sellable items and only took the plates. Sounds to me like it's going into his collection. Limey, if you get the number of the plate, report it as stolen, let a few trusted friends know the number, let them pass it on to their trusted friends, and if it shows up, you can appropriate action. Posting the number may send the thief to throw away the plate or bury in his house somewhere. JMHO

10. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

I caught a woman taking a plate off a car parked next to my garage once. She explained she was from Canada and she had a plate from every state she visited and needed one from New York. Yea... OK... a thief is a thief...

11. crashbox

crashbox

Contact DMV, let them know the plates were stolen. Cars with hot plates can't be licensed. I don't like Larry Lightfingers. I safety wired the the plates on my car because some sob stole a historic AAA badge off my car at a steet show.

12. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

your right, my reply was a knee jerk reaction.

13. sololobo

sololobo

What a cheap move, another sorry ass report about folks percieved to be cool! Regrets bro, ~sololobo~

14. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

15. slim tempo

slim tempo

Hot rodders stealing? Good god! I can understand running moonshine....

16. racer756

racer756

Not a worse feeling than what Steve is going through. I too have had stuff stolen, and it feels like they took a piece of ME!!

I hope they send 'em back!

17. 31fordV860

31fordV860

If this clown is caught who stole the plates.... Bring him to limeworks, tie red meat to his extremities and let Kona loose... I want to watch.

18. That's a damn good idea...
    H.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, I hate thieves and this one takes the cake.

Alright, At least one of the people who went to Steve's shop had to have taken a batch of photos in the show room and at least one photo showing the plates that are now missing. And if you visited the shop when in town for GNRS and got a photo of the display case minus the plates that might put a time frame on when the plates got stolen. Check your photos, even the fuzzy ones.

I doubt it is a regular plate seller who nabbed them, they would be the first to believe that Steve had the plate number recorded in his files. Someone looking for a "cool wall hanger" or someone building or who has a 32 that may be out of state or out of country is my bet. And for sure someone with a helper who kept Steve and company distracted while he took the plates. Yes Buckwheat, your buddy who said he got a great deal on that set of plates didn't pay for them after all.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  20. cruzr

cruzr

I just saw this thread. Steve is a good friend of mine,and i cant concieve anyone doing this. Steve is gracious enough to allow folks to wander around his shop,and this happens?? He hosts one hell-of-a open house every year before Lars, i hope this doesnt put a damper on that hospitality. I also hope whoever took them, will have the balls to mail them back to Steve. What the hell is going on with Hot Rodders these days?? A small percent of folks are ruining a hobby that was built on friendship and trust.

21. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Why don't we have the number yet?????

This is like looking for a stolen dark color sedan. And WaY more emotion than logic.

22. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

Steve, So sorry,you are such a neat guy and whoever did this has violated your trust.

23. This really sucks, Steve! Losing a nice set of '32 plates is bad but like you said, the big thing is to lose trust in people and have to worry that guys you think are like you are ripping you off when your back is turned. Your shop parties are the best and you go all out to feed people and let them have full access so when someone does this its like being stabbed in the back. I love garage tours and I like to invite people into my garage to see my collection too but shit like this makes you wonder if you should. I am building a new house with the lower level being all garage for my stuff and cars and I wonder if I should install one of those 4 to 6 camera video surveillance systems to turn on when I have a garage tour or when I'm not home. I wish it wouldn't come to this but thieves have no conscience.

24. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Trust no one. Sad but true.

"Nothing dollarable is safe." -John Muir

25. total BS... hope they get what they have coming to them

26. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

You know they cut a hand off if you get caught theiving in other countries!

27. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Steve sorry to hear.. This has been my biggest fear for years at the shop..

28. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

Regardless of value, theft is theft. I'd give you advice, but I do not want to go to jail :)

29. cruzr

cruzr

Steve..........I looked through all my picures to see if i haf a shot of those plates.........no dice, nada

30. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Could not have said it better.....what mindless thief lifts something from a showroom...
    Especially to Steve, one of the great personalties in Hot Rodding...
    I'll will seriously have my eyes peeled, once the numbers get posted...