Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Pickers-'47 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dale Fairfax, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

A recent episode has the guys in eastern Tennesee (I think) where they visit a character named Junior (a real mountain of a man-arms as big as your thighs, big bushy red beard) who has some of everything. The camera didn't dwell on the REALLY interesting stuff like the tall flathead 2 X 2 manifold and the choice '47 Chevy Sedan Delivery. All ya gotta do is figure out where he is.

2. 63bigbird

63bigbird

He is in Bristol TN. 20 miles from me.

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Lol that was fast !

4. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Have you visited him? .....he looks like he bites......:D

(ps - I spent a bunch of money in Johnson City on a mud chassis :eek:)

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Cool to see corky coker on there!

6. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

Anybody spot the OT Ford Talladega in the barn of that other guy they visited?!?!? The one who wouldn't sell anything!

7. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yes I did, I yelled at my wife when I spied that nose! Cool car! Jim

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

seems like those two monkeys are always finding old cars and/or parts but they don't buy them up. Heck, they didn't even pay attention to that 47 and the bomb crowd loves those deliverys and are willing to pay top cash for them.

9. 55chevr

55chevr

They report dollar values on stuff they buy that isnt real ... it is just a show but it is entertaining ...

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Heck, they didn't even pay attention to that 47 and the bomb crowd loves those deliverys and are willing to pay top cash for them.

This must be an old wifes tail as I can't even give this one away!

Attached Files:

11. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

I saw that car too. Freakin WOW!

And that Danielle chick is quite a character in real life.

Look her up. Danielle Colby Cushman.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Bomb Crowd loves 39-48 Chevies but mostly coupes and sedans.
    The street rodders have always liked SDs ever since Orv Elgie did his 37 Ford and was featured in R&C almost 40 years.
    HOWEVER...women tend NOT to like SDs as they often think of them as hearses rather than laundry/plumbing/flower service vehicles.

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

Really? That's awesome, I wish you were closer you could give it to me.:p

14. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

if you find them --send them to me. if i could get a reasonable price for this bomb I'd be in a 50-53 caddie.

15. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

I love that show, I see all the great goodies that they pass by and cant believe it. That show recently was full of great cars. I would have loved to have that 427 Galaxie!

Total Perf-

16. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Mute is the only thing I need for that show.
    Cars are great but they know nothing about them.

17. Might help if you took a day to tack it back together enough so it looks like it's in one piece, air up the tires, weed-whack the grass and crap so it doesn't look like it's sat in the same place for 10 years, and took some new photos.

18. pont406

pont406

They do have an old Nash project out in front of there shop in Iowa, yeah i saw the Ford Talledega in the barn, + the 64 R code 427 Galaxie (it wasn't for sale he said) they did buy a 66 Fairlane GT 390 4 speed car on 1 episode, paid $7K for it, spent $4K getting it's mehcanicals lined out on it, then had a guy appraise it for $14K ! which IMHO was not realistic in the current market, car was a decent driver at best. I like watching the show just to see what people have stashed, but, they do seem to passover alot of vintage iron, to look at nick nacks!

19. adamshumard

adamshumard

they picked up an old hand crank air raid siren i would love to get my hands on. the guy said 75 and they dropped it. I would have bought it for that.

20. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Big Rat- I'll be up in a couple months to remove the problem! ;) Thanks Jim

21. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

it is all about TV script stuff.But it makes people look.Nothing else on TV

22. I have never watched that program, I thought it was about Banjo music.

23. "Orange County Choppers meets Antiques Road Show" is more like it, a little drama and a little appraisal of Americana....

24. abone1930

abone1930

I dig that show, when they bought that vintage motors from that dude that was playing music in the driveway. The Hobo :D In that barn was a 32 grill shell and grill and lots of fenders. I would have passed up the old rusty motor on the floor :D I lear alittle bit more of what to look for when I watch it.:D

25. Mike on the show has apparently found a chopped and channelled 32 coupe. A buddy posted a pic on Canadian rodder a while back that he got from Mike. Hope it shows up on one of the episodes. Anyone in Kansas know the guy he bought the 37 Harley off of. That guy had tons of drag cars and neat stuff in his big building. Some small town in Kansas. Pat.

26. I just did the internet search on Danielle Colby Cushman and she is an interesting person for sure! Multitalented for sure. After reading about her, maybe she should have her own show!

27. that place in kansas was awesome... i was thinkin "garage tour" the entire time!

28. abone1930

abone1930

Yea he had alot of cool stuff, I would have bought that chooper to for the price.
    I would like to see a pick of that coupe :D

29. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

I agree. About 6 weeks ago I bought a 33 Ford truck off Craigs list in Michigan. When I went to pick it up the guy had a 53 ( according to him but I thought it looked like a 50) Chevy sedan delivery project there also that was for sale for $3000. I wasn't interested in it, so didnt spend much time looking at it. It was a hot rod that is apart, no engine or trans. If someone on here in Michigan or area wants to check it out, I can send you the guys phone number.

30. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

I watch that program and try to figure out where they are so I can go there...since I am a picker-of-sorts myself! But I only like car stuff and they seem to pass on most of that!