Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The rebirth of a 1952 pilot house dodge pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NikkypDMC, Apr 28, 2010.

1. edweird

edweird

you are doing a great job. kinda makes me wish i hadnt sold my 52.

Attached Files:

2. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

thanks dude! i love this ol truck. haha
    is that your old 52 in the pics?

3. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

on a roll today. lots of updates. sorry for blowing up this thing today but i havent updated in a while! my girlfriend caught me working on the light surrounds in the living room. thought for sure she'd be pissed at me for working in the living room. but she was stoked to see i was working on the truck again. (she likes hotrods just as much as i do. ( i guesss she felt the need to take some pics hahaha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

5. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

6. Are you needing any parts? I have a parts truck...

7. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

yes! PLEASE! I NEED THE RUNNING BOARDS (step boards) if you still have them! and possibly the inside sun visors too. thanks man!

8. edweird

edweird

yep thats my old 52. i just sent you a pm.

9. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

i just checked my pm box. i don't think i got your message =(

10. edweird

edweird

well maybe its your email.check that.i have something you may be interested in.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  11. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

i just checked both of my emails (yahoo and my gmail) and my pm box ...i'm sorry man not sure what happened. i'm gonna pm you my personal email. it goes right to my phone so i will get it and respond right away. heres my Email. [email protected]..

12. Rickochet

Rickochet
    from Indiana

Working on your truck... in the living room.... in your jammies...... and your woman is happy...... Life is good for you!!!

And you get bonus points for wearing a dust mask to save your lungs!!!
    :D

13. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

I've reat this whole thread, and my internedt won't let me see pics at work! Torture!!! I have officially subscribed. How have I missed this for nearly a year?

14. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

I KNOW RIGHT! SHE EVEN HELPS ME WORK ON IT TOO! thanks for the compliments ! =) i'm gonna keep plugging away!

15. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

sorry bout the pics not showing up! it may because i dont resize them =( but thanks you for following my thread! i'm going to update at least once a week from now on. so there will be tons of new stuff soon. =) thanks again everyone!!

16. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

Nah, the web filter we have at work blocks Photobucket and Snapfish, and anything related to them. I'm home now, and I can see them.

17. edweird

edweird

yea, let me do some lettering on it.

18. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

I like the push truck idea. My Sub is going to be kinda 60's flavored "shop truck" style. It's missing the front bumper, and I've tossed around the idea of a wood pusher for the front. Still haven't made up my mind!

19. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

i'm all about it!

20. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

my girlfriend just ran out and got me some more sand paper. shes gonna help me work on the grill parts tonight. lots of pics coming tonight!

21. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

working on the grill some more tonight!
    kellie my girlfriend prepping the metal. =)

[​IMG]

mixing up the filler!
    [​IMG]

kellie putting a light skim coat on. shes got a eye for perfection.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

me sanding and my beer gut! hahaha!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

Lets see that finished grill!

23. I'll try to get out there the next couple days, & see what I've got for you.

24. campsmuthut

campsmuthut
    from my house

Hey hows it going? I have a 1953 Dodge pickup. I have a few lines on here and plan on calling for some parts. Jw if anyone has any lines on emblems, dodge ram on hood, and that sort of stuff

25. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

@campsmuthut. I don't have any extras =( sorry duder. But I like those 53s!

Does anyone have any clues that might help me figure out if I have a market side bed? I belive I do. Just not sure!?

26. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Dodge had two different bed styles for the pilothouse pickups. The big seller was the new high side bed, which no other truck manufacturer offered at the time it came out ('48). Of course later everyone made their beds like this. Then there was the low-side bed, which was similar to other makes. In '48, the high side bed was standard, and the low-side bed was an option. This changed in 1950, when the low-side bed was made standard, and the high side bed was made an option. Regardless, it seems like more high side beds were made. The low-side beds aren't "rare" per se, but you don't see as many of them.

The high side bed is pretty easy to identify, it has body lines stamped into it. The low side bed has flat sides, and when assembled still shows the factory stamped indents in the back of the cab.

The green truck here has the low side bed, the maroon truck has a high side or "big box" bed.

Attached Files:

27. skull

skull

nice truck, it is lookin' gooooood:rolleyes:

l started on one in 1993, my son split time between my house and his mom's. most summers were mine. one summer in 1996, when he turned ten l gave it to him for his birthday, he was always telling me it was " his". he and l started to get it ready for his 16th birthday to take his drivers test in be able to drive to school. then he drowned at the the age of 15 yrs 9 1/2 months. l was devasted and put the truck in cold storage for 8 years till friends and family said you are desrespecting Jimmy's memory, either fix it or sell it.

well, l pulled it out of storage went to work on her. l am almost ready to drive it, this spring is the goal, and someday paint it red and enjoy her a lot.

special thanks to those who have helped on this project:D

Later:cool:

link to build;
    http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15231&highlight=trubute+son

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  28. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

We are finishing up a 48 Pilot House Dodge factory Stake Body. The bottoms of both doors where gone, I don't mean in bad shape I mean NOT THERE. Along with the floor all the way under the seat. Building door bottoms without having anything to go by but pictures of the net was a job. The old truck is a one owner , bought new in Atlanta Ga in 1948 , the old fellow is having it restored for this grandson. Parts for these trucks are hard to find, and the guys that have parts won't part with them. I have borrowed a few hard to find pieces to "copy" .... OH and good running boards for a stake body will bring what ever you want for them ...there are none out there.

29. wow, sorry for your loss. We must live somewhat in the same area since I am on the "wet" side too. Let me know if you need help. I am building a 53.

30. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

thank you. i believe i have the short sided bed! i just gotta bolt/weld it back in!