Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT best hotrod related gift/ best thing in your garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmydeansgirl, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jimmydeansgirl

jimmydeansgirl

Excluding that welder your wife bought you for your birthday...whats the best gift you have ever recieved that was hotrod/car/truck related. We're talking BEST gift you have ever gotten. Completely unique, totally car related, and is just about the handiest thing you own in the garage. I'm getting something for a fellow HAMBer and I want it to be good.

2. burnout2614

burnout2614

Not THE handiest things I was given but I love em when I use em: my shop vac and ANY magnetic pick up tool. peace

3. Wife 1 a divorce before I got a car project

Wife 2 a set of new chrome head lamp rings for my 1961 MG

Wife 3 insisted I keep my late brothers 1950 De soto vert

:0)

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

My wife had a 2 car garage built for me because she got tired of seeing me laying in the driveway trying to get the car fixed before the damn thunderstorm hits ! She took me to Sears and bought me a bunch of good tools I needed , air compressor and all the good air tools to go with it . She also bought me a bunch of good tools at an Eastwood tent at Hershey one year where they had a USA made shrinker/stretcher on deal that came with a body tool set and some other things , then looks at me and says , "Is there anything else you need " ? Well I got a couple other small things that I needed .
    I have one of those really great wife's ! She enjoys the old cars , hotrods and drag races . Goes to the car shows and swap meets with me . She even looks behind barns and hedge rows as we drive down a road we have never been on before just to see if she can spot that old car or truck hidden behind a old barn . She has even spotted some really good deals at yard sales on old car parts for me before too .
    But she really doesn't want to help me with the greasy stuff . I can't and won't ever complain at all if she won't help me . In the end if I really needed her help she would help me if she could and I know that .
    She is really good to me and we have been married for 28 great years this May 12 ! I wouldn't trade her in for the love of money ! If you are lucky enough to get a good women like that in your life time , you are damn lucky ! I guess I was just plain lucky when I picked her for my wife !

Retro Jim

5. fbama73

fbama73

The best car-related gift that I have ever recieved is last year's Father's Day gift from my wife and daughter- a 1951 Chevrolet Styleline Special

6. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Time IN the garage

7. My wife bought me my 30 coupe and a lot of the parts I've used to build it with.

8. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

My wife gave me a olds conv for my birthday

9. high school graduation present my parents gave me a bench grinder, my dad had researched it, and bought the best one he could afford. I can almost without exception say it gets used on every project I do!

10. Onelow34

Onelow34

For my 25th birthday my dad gave me his all original 1957 chevy that was his first car. 28k actual miles! Needless to say it was the best

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

11. Dennis D

Dennis D

Furnance! Dennis D

12. Deuces

Deuces

Sounds like she's a keeper for life!! :D:) Mine got me a 55,000 BTU space heater for the garage... That was back in the early '90's..

13. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

14. 53mercury

53mercury

A good "won't break the bank" gift would be a 12" pedestal mount disc sander. Very high use item in my shop. Have to love a girl who buy's you a car related gift and does the research. Mike

15. rusty28a

rusty28a

Vintage framed snap on torque spec poster given to me by the elderly owner of the machine shop I used to work for. Not worth much but means the world to me because he passed a few years ago.

16. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

My ex wife didnt like old cars...so she fired me....best gift ever

17. For me, it has to be the neon Ford dealer sign that was given to me many years ago by Mr. Fred Sayre. He saved the sign when it was replaced by a newer one at his dealership in the 1970's and gave it to me a few years later. Mr. Sayre passed away several years ago, but I remember him each time that I walk into my garage!

Jim

Attached Files:

18. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

Beautiful sign, cool story

19. 76cam

76cam

A set of autometer gauges and a grant steering wheel for my race car.When we first got married. Now 16yrs later she says I spend to much time with my cars so I dont get gifts like the anymore lol....

20. Master of None

Master of None

One of the handiest gifts someone ever game me was a bunch of little things. I got a nice box of IRWIN drill bits (large set) and a good pair of leather gloves,safety glasses that actually fit well and some more ear plugs. Sounds kind of corny but, it was great for me one less thing(s) for me to buy myself. Another thought if they spend a lot of time out in the shop on there feet is a good pair of boots and insoles. Nothing will wear you out faster that having sore feet.

21. I agree.

22. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My wife bought me this last year for our anniversary:
    [​IMG]

23. Gator

Gator

My daughter got me this for Christmas this year, I love it.

[​IMG]