Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank you, hamb longroofers!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jangleguy, Feb 8, 2011.

1. jangleguy

jangleguy

Over a year ago, I began researching station wagons for a book I was working on. I was finding a few good ones, but had to sort through hundreds to find one keeper, you know.
    So I mentioned it on the big board and - problem solved! Long story short, it's been a lot of work, but the book is going to print and ship in the next few days. I started the next book back in October, but have waited until now to mention the wagon book being done, just to be certain it was finally done.

It would be mostly blank pages without the help of the HAMBers involved. Instead, it's a fun read and looks really nice! I wish I could send you all free copies, but I can't (I only get a small handful of copies myself). But I can publicly acknowledge your coolness, which I did in the book and now on this forum. These guys are the real deal. These are mere words, but, thank you. I hope you'll dig how your story looks on the page...

Scotty

2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Scotty,
    Where can we get a copy?

3. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

BOUT TIME! just messin with ya Scotty. I have 2 on order. thanks a bunch!

4. jangleguy

jangleguy

Oh yeah - marketing is NOT my strong suit...

The book is now called, "America's Coolest Station Wagons", written by me (Scotty Gosson) and published by Cartech. Should be on shelves in the next few weeks - official release date is April 15th, but should beat that by a few weeks.
    It'll be available wherever money is accepted. Amazon and Barnes & Noble are accepting pre-orders at 10% off right now.

It's 144 pages, with over 400 photos. A large size 'coffee table' type book, with light hearted looks into the builder/owners and behind-the-scenes insight into their builds.

Is that spammy enough to get me kicked off of here?

5. jangleguy

jangleguy

Ewww! A Creepy Crawler - run for your lives!!!
    Actually, some very cool shots of your Chevy, man. Great job!

6. Hey Scotty, I just pre-ordered my copy! Wish I could've got the the pics you wanted but it never quits snowing here.........

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

I wish it could've worked out too - that Merc is too cool! Well, you're not alone - lots of other people had problems too. Such is life... Maybe you can be in the sequel?

8. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Can't wait to see it! :D ;)

Thanks again Scotty!

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Cool Scotty! Sounds good.

10. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're the man Scotty! Thanks for the longroof love.

11. Mumbles

Mumbles
    from PNW

Can't wait to see it Scotty. Thanks again.

12. jangleguy

jangleguy

You guys are all rulers! You built the cars, wrote down tons of info and most even shot their own photos.
    I just sit back and take all the glory, while getting way overpaid. Really. I'm sitting at poolside right now, lighting cigars with $100 bills, while Chivas pours into the pool from the bottle I smashed just because I'm so bored. Life is sweet...

13. heywacha

heywacha
    from Orange, CA

Book on longroofs???? Im in, thanks Scotty!

14. jangleguy

jangleguy

Gotgas: Your story is a personal favorite - killer photos, too!

15. jangleguy

jangleguy

Cool! The book covers stockers, beaters, commercials, customs, drag wagons and some used in other motorsports, too. You should find something in there that you like...

16. jangleguy

jangleguy

Paul - Your feature is the last one, at the end of the book, leaving the final impression with the reader. Nice.

17. jangleguy

jangleguy

Dan: I think you'll like it. But I still feel terrible that we couldn't use the shots I took of your Comet at Woodburn! That was the only real catastrophe that occured, but it was a biggie. Luckily, the other shots are cool and get the point across... And thanks again for the ride - yeow!!!

18. FoPeed

FoPeed

I was wondering how Scotty found and contacted me regarding my late model Buick Roadie! Guess it was worth hijacking a longroof thread with a picture of my non-HAMB friendly wagon. Got it in a cool publication along side some kool HAMBers vehicles. Thanks again Scotty for the opportunity! My copy has been on order for a while and I can't wait to see it!

Christopher

19. I'm glad you finished your book,,sorry I didn't get my wagon finished in time to be a part of wagon history,,and it's still not finished!:rolleyes:

Congratulations to you Scotty and all the guys that participated and have their cars immortalized within the pages of the new book.HRP

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  20. JoeB

JoeB

Scotty I can only image how much effort you put into this book from the interaction it took with just my entry - I am so happy to be a part of it - thanks for the invite. I can't wait to see the book!

21. Savannah Red

Savannah Red

Hey, Great! can't wait to get a copy. Drive a longroof everyday. As
    a matter of fact everything we own is longroofs !:D

22. Just preordered it from Amazon. Can't wait to recieve it.

23. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks Joe. Yeah, I work hard on these books, but it's totally a labor of love. It's such an honor to write someone's story - very humbling that someone entrusts me to put their life into words. I stress about not screwing it up... But the payoff comes with every word I write: I learned to read via my brother's car magazines, spent my life in the hot rod world and eventually got some ink in my favorite magazines - what a rush that was! If I can help someone else get that same rush - well, that's a really satisfying feeling.

24. jangleguy

jangleguy

Red - Thanks. Hope you like it and get inspired to build even more wagons! It's funny to cruise the HAMB now - seems like there's a new wagon thread every day and I think, "Where were these guys when I was hunting for them?" Nice to know you're out there...

25. Congrats on getting it done Scotty...quite and accomplishment...now I am full regret and wish I still had my 54 plymouth wagon

26. slik

slik

I will be ordering my copy today!

27. jangleguy

jangleguy

JoJo: Thanks! I'm currently having some computer issues, but when I get a rebuild kit installed, I'll post an image of the cover, so people will know what to look for at the store.
    It's pretty exciting to me to be discussing this here, as this is my first book, after years of magazine freelancing. I'm working on another Cartech book now and have a few more ready to publish that Cartech says are "way too avant garde for us"...

28. Scotty...I gotta go run some errands in a few minutes. I think I'll stop by our local Barnes and Nobel and order it for myself. You DID do a full feature on my 55 Pontiac wagon, right? I mean, we're brothers and all so my car is in there, right?
    I realize this is the onliest photo I have of it but damn...this should be enough for a feature...in full color!

Attached Files:

29. Jay71

Jay71

Congrats on finishing the book. Bummed I wasnt able to get some good pics of my wagon to you. Now I'll have to bask in the glory of other longroof owners. Look forward to checking out the book.

30. Mumbles

Mumbles
    from PNW

Here you go Scotty. The book cover...

Attached Files: