Register now to get rid of these ads!

48-52 F1 projects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotstepn, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Looking for a Original Rear Bumper 1951-1952 Ford! Thanks:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Kevin,...he's a lucky kid!
    ...believe it or not this is my next F-1 project; it'll be built from parts from multiple trucks, this is a very nice cab....probly gonna run a 250 Chevy inline six.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

3. looks like you have the f2 fenders on there. actually looks kinda cool that way

4. Karknocker

Karknocker
    from Kearney,Mo

they are Im waiting for the snow to let up so I can get the F1 fenders

5. Joe G

Joe G
    from Minnesota

My Dad's '51

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RiKi5156

RiKi5156

I just joined this group,just bought a 52 F1. It was from a one owner farm family that I repaired phones for about 10-15 yrs when I worked for PNB.I happened on it a couple weeks ago as they were ready to sell. All original ,very nice shape,6-3spd on floor. I got it stripped and down to my buddies shop to paint. Unfotunatley he died of a stroke while in the booth. I just bought a 57 365 caddy for it,looking for adaoter to 3spd. will have 4 inch dropped axle,stock wheels/caps,brilliant red stock black seat.I will put pics on when I get it out of the booth.

7. Itchy

Itchy

Heres my 48, I would like to say that I finished this one, but thier never done.

Attached Files:

8. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

51 that I have been daily driving for about 18 years now.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

10. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Here are mine.....

My "sleeper"

[​IMG]

My 4x4, good mileage, daily driver

[​IMG]

My current f-1 project

[​IMG]

11. Skrayp

Skrayp

My 50 F1. I'm in the process of channeling it 4 inches. I'm going to chop the top, but I don't know how much yet. The plan was 3" but we'll see. FE engine w/ a toploader 4 speed, F100 9 inch, Dropped axle, Posies, and a custom bed using shoebox quarters and a few other surprises.

Attached Files:

12. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Great looking truck!! Dash is outstanding.

13. Mine, been at it a few years now. Can't wait to get unburied from this snow and get back to work on it.

Attached Files:

14. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Here my current project a '52 F1. Must change the engine with a french flatty

Attached Files:

15. limp

limp

itchy, i really like your dash. very well done

mike

16. Itchy

Itchy

Thanks for the compliments on the dash fellas. I eventually want to paint the dash and doors a dark candy red colors, but ran out of steam, and just wanted to drive it last year, so went with the ol' stand by...Flat Black

17. Dirk35

Dirk35

I have a 48 with 51 front sheet metal that I put on an late 80s Mercury car frame. I also have a pic of it in the other thread.

Attached Files:

18. jepito29

jepito29

52 f3 with 50 f6 cab and running boards. 50 bed. 55 f 100 front hubs and rear axle, 49 8ba flathead. 92 mustang t5 transmission.

Attached Files:

19. limp

limp

my 50 just finished getting painted. sorry this is all got for pics here at work. post more later

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  20. ...here's a 48 I put together a few years ago, it went to Michigan somewhere around Detroit, has anyone ever seen it?

[​IMG]

21. F1James

F1James

I have been driving mine for 30 years the52.Had but sold a 50 and 51.looking to see if thay show up on the hamb .maby later

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

NO pictures but I've got a '48 F1 lurking in the shadows. Fairly decent but I've been collecting duplicate parts to have on hand when build time comes. The tough thing for me is whether to keep it a flathead for local use or make it highway friendly and do a ohv conversion. Converted, it will run a Chevy, probably a big block w/overdrive. I'm hoping when the time comes it will speak to me and make the decision really easy.:cool::)

Frank

23. limp

limp

A few more of mine

Attached Files:

24. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

does anyone happen to know what the width of the frame is in the rear? I am in the middle of getting mine back in shape.

25. Memory says 34", out to out, in the back. About 32" at the front.

26. Itchy

Itchy

Very nice limp. Love the chop on that thing.

27. havi

havi

Charley's memory is good. :) It's 34" in back, 32" in front, the 2" pinch is at the trans crossmember.

28. Millhead

Millhead

Here is my '48 Merc project. Flathead 5spd, flip front end, chop 4.5".
    I have a drop axle to install this spring and a dash trans-plant to do before cruising weather.

[​IMG]

29. Nice, Millhead! I really like the skirts and the full caps. What are you going to use for a grille?

30. atch

atch

here's a suggestion based on my experience:

i chopped clarence (the panel in my avitar) in the early 90's, so i've had nearly 20 years of critiquing the roof.

if i were going to do another chop on one of these i'd take some material out of the metal above the windows and less out of the glass.

i took out 5" all the way around. i like the proportions and the finished height, but when you're sitting inside it looks like there's way too much metal above the windshield. the view from inside is less than ideal.

i realize that it would take a lot more work to do it that way, but every time i drive it i wish i had done it that way.

oh, yeah; a traffic light finder is mandatory if you chop one of these things.