Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser wars...2011..!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boss Hydro, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Verminator

Verminator

This will be an Awesome Event !!! Rocky, we love watching you run, you ALWAYS put on a hell of a show out there !!!!

2. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I registered for the site and was able to get onto it today.

But when I click these links to find the info on this race, I'm getting an error message that says the page I want to view is off limits to me.
    I saw another page that said the AA/Gas discussion board is private, and you have to get permission to join and be able to view it.

I also didn't see anything in the "Events" section of the website.

???

-Brad

3. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Brad,

Sorry for the confusion... The rules for the Period Correct AA/GS shootout can be found at http://www.rockypirrone.com/index.php?topic=89.msg428#msg428
    If yo have any questions please don't hesitate to ask... shoot me a email at [email protected]

Rocky

p.s. You can find more info. at http://www.gassermagazine.com/gasser_reunion2011.html
    The rules listed here are for the tracks classes..NOT the Period Correct AA/GS
    shootout.. Again, any questions, shoot me a email...thanks!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Brad,

I can answer this... The AA/GS Shootout is for Period Correct AA/GS cars..the rules are laxed to get as many period correct blown cars to come out and entertain the fans.. The Shootout is for 6-71 supercharged cars only... I'm sure injected cars would be allowed to race as part of the regular track eliminators... Beaver Springs is a real throw back track, and this event is going to be GREAT one! Hope to see you there!

Rocky

5. 65 T-BOLT

65 T-BOLT

I live just down the road..my ASS will be there!

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Sounds like a good time, but I won't be able to attend.
    Three strikes and I'm out!
    Superchargers only, automatic trans only, but most limiting is "Fat fendered cars only." One of the gasser associations has this rule too, which prohibits tri-five Chevys.

-Brad

7. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Brad,

The "Fat fendered" rule is for the True Period Correct AA/GS class ONLY... Your 55 would fit in perfectly to one of the other classes.....no limits on anything except electronics....

Rocky

8. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Sorry--I missed the link to the Beaver Springs classes... I didn't grasp that this is a race-within-a-race.

Should be a damn good show!

-Brad

9. Topper

Topper

I can never get enough of this type of racing. Whoever is the fastest wins.

10. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

This is going to be the best race this year!!!!

Attached Files:

11. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Some MORE GREAT news!

Just got off the phone with Beaver Bob..... A lot of cool things happening for the GASSER REUNION. In addition to the top eight qualifiers in the Period Correct AA/GS class getting paid, ALL non qualifiers will be paid $100.00 show money.....AND if there are enough cars to make a "B" field a second AA/GS Period Correct eliminator will be added...!
    Bob is shooting for the largest AA/GS field ever...! and is putting his money where his mouth is..
    On TOP of all that, any cars that don't fit the Period Correct AA/GS class will be able to race in a separate eliminator!

12. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Another pre-entry is the BAD ASS Special Edition II ..Anglia! This car is a true BLAST from the PAST and is powered by a BIG block Chevy with a 6-71 blower..! Skip Cloverdale hails from Tennessee and he plans on being there to thrill the fans with his "Chi-Town-Hustler" burnouts and three foot launches! Watching this car perform is worth the price of the admission alone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Judd

Judd

Brad
    Some of us over here in Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama area are starting a Gasser group together "Southern Gasser Racers Association" I don't know if the strait axle cars rule might get you but it may change as we have only had one meeting and nothing is written in stone yet. 3 tri5 Chevies that i know of are in the group. PM me your phone and or e-mail if your interested and I'll get you on the call list. next meeting is March 19 2011 in Gulfport, I think there is a car show in town that week end also. Six tracks are interested in us racing their and the owners of Battlefield raceway in Meridian, MS area and Gulfport dragway were at the start up meeting.

Three strikes and I'm out!
    Superchargers only, automatic trans only, but most limiting is "Fat fendered cars only." One of the gasser associations has this rule too, which prohibits tri-five Chevys.

-Brad

14. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hey Rocky,

You're making this race sound so good that I think my wife and I will come out and watch you folks run and see all the neat East Coast cars. Also looking forward to seeing some sites in your neck of the woods - maybe you can suggest some sites to visit while there? Looking forward to seeing you guys again! Vic :p

15. You guys are doing it right!

Man... I love it!

Sam

16. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

I think I am in love!!!!!!!

DuckusCrapus

17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. This is great. It's going to be a very cool event.:D

18. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Hi Vic!,

Thats GREAT news! Let me put some thought to it and I'm sure I can come up with some suggestions....or just come hang with the S&S group.....NEVER a dull time there! lol

Rocky

19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Especially with Freddy Bear around.:D:D

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I need to check my calendar. This sounds too good to miss

21. 0ldracer

0ldracer

Vic,
    I hope you are serious...it should be a good event. Plus, I missed you when you cruised by my place in Florida last year.

Suggestion: After the Gasser Reunion in Beaver Springs, stick around 3 days, drive south to Kentucky and attend the NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green. You are too close to miss that one. Along the way you can visit the Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries, Horse Farms, and the Corvette Museum and Assembly Plant right there in Bowling Green.

It won't be dull!!!!!

Dave

22. Dave, that's a ROAD trip for sure.

23. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

YEA..! I second that! We will have a TRUE PERIOD CORRECT AA/GS class at the National Hot Reunion in Bowling Green..! Complete with a ladder and full competition to declare a winner! The S&S Race team will ride again in full heads up competition! Fred Bear will be the early favorite to take the K.S. Pittman 1933 Willys AA/GS to the winners circle! Could you see the celebration after THAT win!... I'll be sure to have bail money! lol

24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

This is going to be three weeks of GREAT nostalgia GASSER action...

June 4th & 5th Thompson Dragway will hold it GASSER NATIONALS

June 9th to the 11th Beaver Springs will hold the GASSER MAGAZINE Gasser
    Reunion

June 17th and 18th Bowling Green NHRA Hot rod reunion.

All of the above events will feature True Period Correct HEADS UP FIRST TO THE FINISH LINE AA/GS ACTION...! This is like 1967 ALL OVER AGAIN..!

25. 0ldracer

0ldracer

AMEN on the "Bail Money"!!!!! Bring lots of it!!

26. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

Rules for AA/GS Shootout at GASSER Reunion, as well as event updates, can be found at http://gasserreunion2011.blogspot.com/.

Classes & Rules for other classes, as well as Payouts for all classes can be downloaded at http://www.gassermagazine.com/gasser_reunion2011.html. Click on 'Classes & Payout Information'.

Entry information for our 5th Annual GASSER NATIONALS (July 15-17 at Marion County Int'l Raceway, La Rue, Ohio) can be found on the EVENTS page of www.GASSERmagazine.com.

It's going to be a GASSER SUMMER!

Ernest

27. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

Hey Vic, Ken's shipping his straight-axled '55 from Phoenix to State College, PA in Gov's stacker-rig. Jack Warren's towing out his 'Concours Coupe' from Yorba Linda, CA. Would love to have 'Bad News Travels Fast' at the Reunion.

Viva Las Vegas: We're going to have a good-sized GASSSER ROW at Viva this year. If you can, bring the coupe. Call me when you're in Vegas for judging and we'll get together. Ernest

28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll bring lots of extra baileys:D:D

29. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Thanks Ernest for posting the class rules and payouts.... Looks like a class for EVERY kind of gasser possible..! This event is shaping up to be the best "Gasser Reunion" of ALL time!

30. CalGasser

CalGasser

Ernest,

Thanks for the invite and would love to bring Bad News but will probably just come to spectate with my wife. We'd like to take in some scenery of the East Coast if time permits. I'll also put the word out for more cars at Viva. Doubt I'll bring my Willys as I need to be at a karate tournament the same weekend - as in the past. I want to support Axle but can only spread myself so much. Vic