Register now to get rid of these ads!

New here got a quick one

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gavinmosher, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

At least this is old running gear, not out of an 84

2. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I was, until they excommunicated me... something or other about idolotry, and a traditional hot rods and customs shrine. In retrospect, I think they were talking about the HAMB! Those bastards...

3. damnfingers

damnfingers

4. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Gavin obviously doesn't belong here.

Along with that, have you ever searched the members list for all the people who use "rat" or "rat rod" in their names? Need to clean house in here.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

been a while since a RAT ROD guy has been abused around here. great way to start the morning.

by the way, the green dually truck is not a RAT ROD.

6. This would actually be kinda cool, if the rear tires were centered in the wheelwells. And painted. Maybe.

7. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

and didnt have a butt crack on both rear fenders.

it kinda looks like that truck they use to move mobile homes around the trailer park.

8. Frank I got a '62 Ton Chebby started out like as a dually has stock bud wheels and no bed at this point. I intend to make it my hauler in the future.
    But it'll never be a "Rat" truck and I won't try and pass if off as a rod either. I think we all appreciate a decent trad era hauler.

I think as a group what we don't appreciate it someone thinking that a hauler and a rod are the same thing. And being a traditional site I don't think any of us appreciate some taking good rod fodder and scabbing together a piece of junk.

Someone said that we are offended that someone's junk rod gets more attention than our traditionally build rods. Here's my take on it. I can show up at the local church butt naked, and I'll damned sure get more attention than the preacher. But its not because of my Adonis physique.

I hope the fellar likes his wounds and comes back with a different attitude, but if he doesn't there are plenty of other fellas that are interested in either preaching the gospel of learning the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs.

9. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Didn't realise off-roaders were that religious!:D

10. Frank

Frank

you guys really get bent out of shape of nothing. You have to use language people understand and it depends on the audience. If I used the term "traditional" hot rod to joe public, he might picture anything from a 70's Camaro he had in HS or the annoying little sport-tuner ricers down the street. If you use the term "rat rod", he might think of anything he has seen that is unfinished whether it be a true survivor or something Jesse James created. I'm pursuing something right now that had I not used the language joe public - (discover channel watcher) the person would understand, I might not ever had known it existed....and if the lead pans out to be what I am hearing, it just might be a true 40's surviving traditional hot rod.

11. LOL! Damn! I guess Gavin couldn't hang. Too bad, he might have learned something and became a real hot rodder. Who knows?

Gavin. if you're still there and read this before this thread gets closed. It's just tough love, man! We just can't have you coming in here and talking that RR shit! But, to give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe the term R#t R%d doesn't mean the same thing to you as it does to us. If you're tough enough to stick it out, learn the rules, and get a feel for the place, you might find out it's pretty damned cool. Who knows? Maybe you could build yourself a real hot rod. Folks around here are willing to help you if you have the right attitude and are willing to learn.

As far as the dually goes...who knows? Maybe you could build something cool. Just do it right and make it nice. None of that junky RR crap. In any case, if you were to read the rules and very carefully and humbly, do an intro and post on this thread again, that would go a long way towards gaining you a little respect.

Edit: I had to come back and edit my post. I don't think Gavin has a bad attitude he just has to get the know the rules of the neighborhood and follow them. The boy might turn out to be alright, if we didn't scare him off.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  12. nofin

nofin
    from australia

x2...?

13. noxided

noxided

You bunch of close minded people are fun to poke at. I belive that if its beyond repair to make a traditional or even restore it, go ahead and hack it up and make a "rat" out of it, its better than letting it go to scrap. If its worth makeing a nice traditional style rod out of or even restoring, then do that to it, dont hack it up unless its reversible. Swap out the body with the 84 and find some old busted up fenders to cut up and widen it. The body can still be used again if put back on the old frame, plus then you have wider rear feanders for some slicks.

If anyone bothered to read this, isnt this the most reasonable way to go about "rats" or even building this truck?

14. badshifter

badshifter

Yet another infidel reveals himself......

15. smarg

smarg

4 pages of straight Bitchin' about nothing?

Ah, Interesting?

I see a thread like this once a week... If people would read the rules, got damn!

Close this stuff.

16. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

So, would it be better to verbally beat a guy up, or try to educate him? gavinmosher, if you need some help just PM me and I will try my best to help you out. Just replace the "rat" with "hot" and everyone will be okay.

17. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

He is a troll, the verbal beatdown is what he came for. Stir shit get all the chickens in an uproar and then he and his ratrod boyfriends can have a laugh at our expense.

the verbal beatdown hasnt happened so they are probably off in the closet doing unspeakable things to one another to pass the time.

changing the term "rat" to "hot" is much like changing the word "cancer" with "candy". makes it sound better and might fool a few but it dont make the problem at hand any sweeter.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

How in the hell do so many guys end up in here that have no idea what this group is all about?

19. RichG

RichG

What's beyond repair? We've got people here like Jim Sibley, and others, that can take half a car found in a creek and build a show winner out of it. If they can do that, why can't Joe Public build a decent car without all the "look at me" bullcrap? Rat rods are just an excuse to build junk. No effort/attempt to learn skills = rat rod.:cool:

20. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

changing the term "rat" to "hot" is much like changing the word "cancer" with "candy". makes it sound better and might fool a few but it dont make the problem at hand any sweeter.[/QUOTE]

That is true. However he would have had more luck getting his question answered. By the way, your quote is awesome and I will use it again :)

21. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

He's obviously gone now....Get a life!

22. badshifter

badshifter

[​IMG]

This, with the 1984 dually wheels is no hot rod...... (gavin mosher photo)

23. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

^^^^ I like that ^^^^^

24. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

He probably went to Killbillet and started a thread about how he got treated badly on here because he used the R word, I've seen a few of those get posted on there. ;)

25. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Maybe he started the thread just too see what would happen

26. smarg

smarg

Coming from a guy thats been here since 2006 I wouldn't expect that..

Go inspect some grenades.

27. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

fyi, one bag of popcorn only lasts 5 pages

28. Yea just checked that post by far the worse abuse of the English language that I have done in a while.

But likes his woulds fit. :D

Gee you'd think they would learn. :rolleyes:

29. noxided

noxided

I like anything that has wheels and car be driven. I have had everything from mini trucks to a toyota supra and from a brand new truck to a 48 ford. I like em all, as long as they look good. I dont descriminate against cars, even if its a ricer or a lowrider with murals, someome put hord work into them and thats all that counts. to each their own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.