Register now to get rid of these ads!

new product input ? ribbed lakes header bockoff plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jan 27, 2011.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

kicking around a few ideas for some products and just built a set of speedway patriot lakes headers ! wanted something different for caps and to match some of the ribbed accesories on an engine instead of just the plain blank steel ones included ! curious if anyone would be interested in these ! probably around $ 50 a set in the cast finish , backs are turned in a lathe for a good finish to seal and fronts are counterbored for stainless socket head cap screws included ! these will fit patriot headers with the 3 and a half inch collecter ! ready to start a production run if theres enough interest ! let me know your thoughts , thanks ! photos were ones i pollished the outside and raised areas and glass beaded the rest ! could paint recessed areas body color also!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. I think they look great................! I don't have a need for them but I wish you the best selling them.

3. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

anyone else ? poor idea - good idea

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

I like the idea... I think the fins could be narrower though, kinda like a Cal Custom valve cover.

5. 76cam

76cam

Great idea puts a nice touch to a common area.Those look good.Nice job!!!

6. alchemy

alchemy

Marshalltown is the cast aluminum capital of the world!

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Looks good. Maybe a few more fins that are a bit narrower. If your going to do anything with color better make it a jet hot coating of some sort as paint won't make it out of the drieway.

Frank

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yeah i think we may thin down the ribs a little posibly ! didn't wanna go to thin as these get taken on and off in most cases and dont want them getting chipped or damaged while off !

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

10. owen thomas

owen thomas

Going back to the 50's, I don't remember many lakes pipe caps that weren't ribbed. But all that I remember were two-bolt caps. We also called them "Blooey Pipes".

11. alchemy

alchemy

You are thinking lakes pipes down by the rocker. His new ones are for "Limefire" style headers.

12. BOBBYA312

BOBBYA312
    BANNED
    from Ala

Ribbed for your pleasure.

13. fleetside66

fleetside66

I think they would be a great success...really. Here's something that you might incorporate as an option. I blocked off my open pipes because they were too loud, even though they had the standard baffles in them. It got to be a bit wearing. I routed the exhaust off of the pipes underneath with a tube glass packs. Now, things are a bit too quiet. So, I just started an experiment to fab a small (maybe 1"?) removable threaded plug in the block-off plate, to get a little bit more sound. Has this ever been done? Do you think it'll work?

14. fleetside66

fleetside66

Oh, wow, I quoting myself. Amazingly enough, the experiment was a success. The exhaust is a bit edgy, without being obnoxious. The plugs go in & out real easy, but I don't think I'll be needing them. I'll be filing for the patent tomorrow.

15. See I knew that was your secret, trowel boy!;)

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Product is cool...for modern rods because the lakes headers now days are not like the ones from the early days in my opinion.

17. Master of None

Master of None

I like them, if the fins were smaller and more of them I would really like them.