Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roadster stolen at Pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barebones32, Jan 30, 2011.

1. encswsm

encswsm

Whoever stole it should be hunted down and shot... twice...

2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

-----------Once thru the nuts!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

3. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

everyone keeps saying lo-jack....how hard are they to dis-arm though? couldnt you just cut the wires and throw the majic box out on the roadside in tj?...whoever stole this car would of had a plan ...it wasnt a gang member joy ride...

hope you get it back soon....hey i'll help you build another one if it comes to that , but i know you want THIS car back

4. deedster

deedster

News like this makes me sick...I hope there's a happy ending very soon ...

5. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

:mad:How many Streetrods have been stolen from the SHERATON in POMONA over the years ? Don't think we will be staying there any more with our HOTRODS.

6. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

2 friends of mine had theirs stolen from the Sheraton lot ON THE SAME NIGHT at the LARS a few years ago. I'll never stay there.

7. MilesM

MilesM

My 54 GMC was parked in the Sheriton parking lot a good part of the weekend but we did not stay Sun night. They had patrols going through there all the time but how would they know the owner from the bad guys.

Also, there were alot of trailers in the parking lot and I was not sure why they did not park in the trailer parking in the fairground lot. Hope one of them was not waiting around to load something up!

8. Miles that woulda been the best way to steal it,just load it and wait for the heat to die down.the roll outa town with everybody else...........crap I hate thiefs

9. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

damn man.. Ill keep my eyes peeled in ATL.

10. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

Thanks Bill
    You know how i feel about Chick
    You don't get over it when it's your baby.

11. ugotpk

ugotpk

We got u covered up north here. Hundreds of guys have been told in the last 2 days. More then likley it went south. Hope you insured that ride. UGOTPK President Cruisers.

12. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

It's hard to catch a thief who sits there and watch for people to go inside or to bed. They are night people sleep during the day for the most part. This suggestion may sound crazy, but why not use the people around you to split night watch 2 hours at a time. Most of you are right the about security at the any motel or inn the security people have not got clue who owns what.THEY ARE NOT CAR PEOPLE. I know this is little over top BUT BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS.

CAR THIEVES SUCK

13. Sorry to hear this happened at an otherwise enjoyable event. Such a great car too. I
    hope you have success getting it all back. May the thieves get their comeuppance.

14. 53buickkid

53buickkid
    from corona CA

We needed to find these f*%ken a**holes and castrate they have a lot of balls to steal a ride that is that noticeable maybe if we cut off their nuts they wouldn't have the balls to do it again. We shouldn't have to be afraid of what area or where we park our rides. i know its not that far from Pomona but i got my eyes open out here in the Corona/riverside area.

15. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Any surveillance video that the Sheraton might have of that night?

Hope you find it. Good luck.

16. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

http://www.arrowtrackgps.com/

This is what I run. And the beautiful thing is I can log on and find my car myself.

And if anyone fucks with my car my phone lets me know. Lots of nice features.

17. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Man, I'm sorry to hear news like that. I hope you get it back... Eyes peeled on East Coast.

18. brad2v

brad2v

I remember seein' the car, but that would have been Saturday. Good luck.

19. eebach

eebach

I was in Pomona for the weekend but have returned to Arizona. I will keep an eye out for your ride. I printed all the pictures and will bring your loss up in our Over The Hill Gang Havasu meeting. We have 85 members and at least 30 attended the GNRS so maybe someone saw something you never know.

20. Blackcat333

Blackcat333

I had a car stolen by some coward before too so I know the feeling. I hope you get it back. I'll be on the lookout...

21. this makes me angry,i hate thieves!,hope you find your car man!

22. fut381

fut381
    from pasadena

When I go to work I'll ask around some of the car thieves for ya. Hopefully I can arrest them for you and give you first crack at em.

23. Brewton

Brewton

24. littlerocktim

littlerocktim

:mad: I hope the people who took it are caught and their hands cut off. I've reposted the stolen roadster information on my Facebook page.

25. Everyone look on your local craigslist. That site isn't as high-profile as some of the others that publish high-end cars...

26. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

You can do a search of all CL by using searchtempest,,
    it allows search criteria like '32', much easier than one region at a time.
    I'll check it out, and get back if I find anything.

THis one looks similar,
    same headers, probably not the one tho,
    too much is different,
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2156291406.html

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  27. gorillaFart

gorillaFart

police should do a sting operation like that tv show "bait car" in an attempt to catch these thieves.

28. seatex

seatex

We're watching in Texas......man that sucks, hope the hell it gets recovered!

29. daddio211

daddio211

That car was built by da34guy here on the HAMB who is also a friend of Chick's.

I drove it to LARS in 2010, and it's an AWESOME car! I got better than 20 MPG on the highway, it hauls ass! Ron Mangus interior too! It's a STEAL for the price, but not Chick's car in any way.

30. madhman

madhman

Barebones- I feel for ya man... Got my eyes out up here in Seattle tho.
    You've got the right attitude- don't worry about what's already
    done- make sure it doesn't happen again!!
    With all this positive energy you'll see your ride again!!